2019-04-02 16:49:57

So first of all, there's some things that goldwave just can't do, like reverb. The reverb in goldwave is baaaaaaaaaaaaad!
There are other things, but reverb is the biggest. Are there any plugins you guys can recommend to better my audio?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-02 17:27:27

Ambiance or omniverb.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-02 18:58:09 (edited by redfox 2019-04-02 18:58:28)

ok, where do I download these? I oogled them and nothing came up besides a description.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-04-03 01:49:42

Here is Omniverb. http://www.vst4free.com/get_lpn1.php?win32=Omniverb.zip

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-03 02:35:43

Ok, I've downloaded it, but what do I do with the dll?

----------

2019-04-03 02:36:38

You need to put it in a folder, then in goldwave's options/plugins/gw vst dialog, add it's path and then search for it and enable it. After that, you can use it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-04-03 18:44:42

thanks got it.

----------

2019-04-04 22:14:57

program crashes

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-04-05 20:09:10

Which program crashes? What did you do to make it crash? More info, please.

2019-04-06 00:35:59

I put the plugen in c:\Program Files\VSTPlugens\GW.when I pres surch, it crashes

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-04-06 01:27:19 (edited by defender 2019-04-06 01:27:36)

Personally I like DX Reverb Light from ANWIDA Soft because it's super simple but gets decent results, and also GlaceVerb by Dasample, which is significantly more complicated but sounds great!
Both have lots of awesome presets, and work almost perfectly accessibility wise.

2019-04-06 17:39:23

@11, my GlaceVerb refuses to open saying that it can't open it and that an error occurred. Ideas?

2019-04-07 08:23:14

All I know for sure is that my plugin is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins\GlaceVerb.dll and I'm running Win 7 X64.
I guess just make sure GW knows where it is and try the other form of the plugin just to see if that works, or install it somewhere else if you can like in c:\VST or something.

2019-04-07 13:10:36

goldwave can only run 32 bit plugins. I know that sounds counterintuitive given that it is now exclusively 64 bit software, but there you have it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-09-26 23:52:45

It also doesn't have proper vst3 support. I know this because the Abbey Road plates and the H-Reverb processors I have don't produce good results whatsoever, but they work fine in Reaper. If anything, do all your editing in Goldwave, and master in Reaper.