2019-04-02 03:12:11

Hello all.
I'm proud to announce one of the first Doctor Who MUDs in existance: the Hand of Rassilon!
This has taken a while to complete. Some of the unique features are below:

• Play as a time lord in the Temporal Defense Unit, which seeks to prevent various catastraphies from altering the fabric of time and space.

• A unique space system based on how the TARDIS actually works. You must read various books and use various computer systems to find the planet you wish to travel to, type in the coordinates into your TARDIS, wait until your TARDIS lands and hope for the best! Note: Just because you typed in the correct coordinates doesn't mean that you'll land on the planet you intended to. The TARDIS has a mind of its own, remember?

• A unique way of handling combat. If you decide to talk your way out, you'll go first. Anyone running for their lives will go second, anyone doing non-combat actions will follow, and finally combat. This is to discourage anyone from immediately choosing to fight their way out.

• Over 3000 planets to travel to, over 20 enemies to deal with, and the ability to upgrade your TARDIS up to a type 40. (Yes, a type 40. If you're expecting us to allow you to galivant across the universe in a type 80, 120, etc, you're out of luck.

• A unique regeneration system. You begin with the customary 12 regenerations, and can gain up to 2 extra regenerations by leveling up to level 100. When you regenerate, your characters statistics are shuffled, so don't expect to keep the same values for your stats.

You can try out the game by clicking here.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-04-02 03:35:14

Hi, wow. This sounds awesome, what is the connection info? and will there be a soundpack for vipmud 2.0? I hope you are well.

2019-04-02 03:49:39

The background music is built-in to the game. zenothrax had to fight long and hard to obtain the rights to this expensive royalty free music; he has a lawyer that helped to silence his lottery winnings from the public interest. As for the connection info, just load Mud Rammer, load the url into it, and ram this party to the ground! Or rather...
Take the hint. the Hand of Rassilon.

2019-04-02 04:09:05

Wow. I fell for it. I can't believe this.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-02 04:59:27

hahahaha @devinprater i thought you'd catch it before anyone! but it really does sound like a good game with reasonible changes it could be awesome if really created

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

2019-04-02 07:51:12

Hahahahaha. Awesome stuff for sure. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-02 08:14:52

Oi!  We've seen this one like three times now!
DJ! Change the record!

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-04-02 08:29:52 (edited by omer 2019-04-02 08:30:14)

i'M just adicted to this game now, um, what is the command to kill the anoying things, er i forgot, ahem maybe kill, lets try it

2019-04-02 09:36:41

Eh, so fun for the third or fourth time. Cause i love every kind of mud i fell for it myself. Eh. Congrats smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2019-04-02 10:01:47

I totally did not fall for this. Hahaha.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-02 21:04:41

Oh my gosh! I am not even kidding when I say that you actually got me right now! particularly as I discovered this topic after April fools day, brilliant!

2019-04-02 21:08:32

Awesome. big_smile

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-04-03 04:05:56

Net year, Mortal Kombat MUD!

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-04 05:22:52

You actually got me for a while there, not enough for me to click on the link and the reason you caught me half way was because it wasn't the first of ap when you posted tongue
This topic along with others needs to be moved from the new releases room
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter