2019-04-03 16:16:34

He's probably too busy to check emails.
Then, 200 emails piled up and he probably doesn't want to dig through them all.

2019-04-03 16:27:00

We don't know what happened. It could be something on the software or on the hardware. Aprone could have a family emergency or he is just swamped with work. He might be waiting until the weekend to fix things or he might be taking time at nights to look at it. If he had to order parts for the server then he has to wait for them too. Lets just patiently wait. I am sure aprone will get things sorted out.

2019-04-03 16:57:48

I would consider disconnecting during a fight exploiting a loop whole since it would fall under disconnecting during missions so you don't lose things or make your PVP stats look horrible. If people are worried about there stat numbers and there solution is to disconnect is amusing since they are just showing the rest of us how cowardly they truly are. This goes for those who also use other characters to attack when they have a capable character sitting in the safe zone but again just shows the lack of back bone. Its no secret who these people are even if they try to hide behind other characters but if they want to keep believing that what they are doing is so intelligent who are we to judge them. Right now I am just hoping the server gets fixed and i can get back online since i have no life and i am so bored lmao.

2019-04-04 02:28:30

First off, I don't think I could agree with the above post anymore if I tried. E-Z you sum it up perfectly.
Also on that topic, I'm sure some of these people that disconnect do it so they don't fight and lose things to breakage like armor and weapons.
If that's the case, don't attack. You attack a fort you should go in expecting to lose things, and expecting to potentially die.
It's like someone walking into your house holding an eagle and hanging out there till they notice you, then just running off out the back door. Obviously you came in for a reason, so stick around.

Secondly, Aprone could very well be trying to replace server parts. He could be away and not even realize the server is down. It could be any number of things.
I say this next part with the utmost respect for Aprone but, even a hurried little notice would be appreciated if you do know about the server.
Some of us pay quite a bit of money every few months, heck we all do. I completely understand having a job, life, Family and kids take up a heck of alot of time, but also, given that we gladly pay for this game, I don't think it's much to ask that we at least get some up-to-date information about when bugs are going to be addressed, or if they're going to be at all. We put up with the bugs because we love swamp. We love what it offers and the totally unique gaming experience you get with it. However when fort raiders seem to half work or not work at all depending on the day, crates don't drop when you're trying to do a reset mission to defend forts, so your forts take more damage than they should since you have to find more crates, when people are dying in all kinds of ways because of bugs, when you're double-checking your armor every time you cross from map to map just in case it's been taken off, heck and all the rest of the bugs. I don't feel like it is asking too much to at least know if anything is being planned or worked on.

Lastly, I do thank you for the Individual gaming experience you provide with swamp, Aprone.  I also cheer for all of us who stick it out through the tough parts and the bugs.  I realize the server being down is probably frustrating to many of us, but I guess just try to be forward-thinking and keep an eyeball out for when it comes back.

--Kitty.

2019-04-04 04:11:10

Well: if you didn't want to loos your forts you shouldn't have run your mouth. Treat others the way you wish to be treated

2019-04-04 04:15:15

@tigress you can just as easlily run to the border if you don't want to lose things. it's hardly a loophole.

now as I pointed out before, people running defender missions to get off map 4 because they don't know how to do it, is.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-04-04 04:36:24

let's stop arguing at least for now and focus on the server and how we can help aprone fix it, if we can.

2019-04-04 04:51:09

I don't know how anybody can help fix it. he has to reboot it and I assume he's not about to do that.

2019-04-04 06:38:36 (edited by Sovs 2019-04-04 06:39:30)

I can’t beleive these guys actually thinks it’s worse to run a defender then to  disconnect from a fortfight.
Seriously?
@BlackStrike
Well.
But it’s ok for you to hurt who ever you want to hurt.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-04-04 07:00:30 (edited by SirBadger 2019-04-04 07:06:19)

well I can personally run off map 4 in way under a minute from the sz. if you have to run a defender mission and exit to get back to map 1 you are definitely exploiting a loophole and maybe you should look at if you are actually any good at the game to start with.

actually I wouldn't suggest it now if you have a lot of stuff to lose but we used to do a challenge called running the gauntlet.
you had to run from sz1 to sz4 with no armor on and use no meds. then run back again.
the game has changed a bit since and the zombies hit harder but it was fun. I actually ran the gauntlet from sz1 to sz5 and back once but man that was scary.

2019-04-04 07:38:07

Well.
By running a defender you are avoiding to loos a bit of food from a fort there is under attack.
By disconnecting from a fight you are avoiding to loos armor or weapons.
What’s the big difference?
Why is it so much better to disconnect?
Explain it to me, please and thanks.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-04-04 11:05:29

Folks, Quacker, Badger, Sovs, E Z Kill, Tigress, Black Strike.  We have a lot in common and I trust we can agree almost all of the points raised above.  We can agree it is unsporting to disconnect both in forts and on defender missions.  We can agree it is Aprone who is best placed to decide which, if any, is exploiting a loophole and which, if any, needs a modification.  We can agree it is hypocritical to  bang on about one side, but not concede the other.  We can agree that throwing insults both on the game and on this forum, has been the cause of these fort battles.  Black Strike nailed the issue.  If you call someone a coward, be prepared to do slash forts all day.  I also hope, we can agree people play the game in different ways, and its best to respect their choices, after all it's just a game.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2019-04-05 00:13:06

It made be to hard for aprone to program this in to swamp, but it would be interesting seeing a type of log out thing based off what is in the ready player one book. in the Ready player one book, that last place you wanted to log out was in a fight, because the whole log out process would leave your player opne to attack for about a minnet or something. I figure that having something like that would lead players of swamp to only log out in a safe zone, and maybe not cheeting in that way again. Just a thought and I doudt that we will see anything like that built in to swamp.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-04-05 04:08:58

@cw the problem there is that people thatt lose their connection because of actual internet problems or what ever will be left on maps vonerable to be killed.
in a fort battle, I really don't care. if people exit and it leeves them there for a minute, fine. hell if you've taken your armor off, not a issue.

2019-04-05 04:26:35

man, i just don't see the point of arguing. can we just stop? please. the game is not even up as i stated yesterday? so what's the point of arguing? and also, as rocky said, it's aprone's game so he knows what is a loophole and what not. just please, give up on this argument.

2019-04-05 08:26:31

@vlad I wasn't arguing I was just pointing out how difficult it would be to put in the system mentioned above.

2019-04-05 17:47:32

ok guys, so as you can see, the server is up again. it's nothing really that bad, it was just power outage and aprone wasn't home.

2019-04-08 09:27:48

hey peopel is anyone else getting connecion rejected after trying to connect? i an almoast sure i have the laightist swamp patch

2019-04-08 14:31:26

Is Aprone still running the server from his house? Wow! Why hasn't he switched to a VPS? I love my VPS! i don't have to worry about the physical machine, power, environmental disasters, etc. It's also nice that I'm not using bandwidth from my home connection to keep it running and support players.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-08 22:44:15

I believe there's a reason as to why he has to run it from his house. If I'm not mistaken, but someone else here I'm sure will be able to Explain it better than I can.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-04-09 07:54:17

Chris wrote:

Is Aprone still running the server from his house? Wow! Why hasn't he switched to a VPS? I love my VPS! i don't have to worry about the physical machine, power, environmental disasters, etc. It's also nice that I'm not using bandwidth from my home connection to keep it running and support players.

aprone have made a system, where he can change the code on the fly, while the server is running. So it will take effect as soon as he change the code without restarting the server. Therefore I think he needs to run it from his house.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-04-17 20:39:15

the procedure is very simple, if it's the way i think, he's running it from source using visul studio, wth visual studio, as soon as you change the code, save and press f5 and the code changes will apply without restarting. well, it's just a supposition. the way  know is that i've studied visual basic at college and that's how i learned to use an IDE.

2019-04-19 18:37:26

Friends, is Swamp off the air? I can not enter. Even with internet connection, he says he does not have it.

2019-04-22 20:03:03

Hi Aprone, the other day I asked you about decreasing the timer on quests. a new single quest once a day is pretty lame, imho. So I was thinking lets at least bump it up to every 12 or 6 hours. something like that, and as it stands now, no more than 3 quest can fill the list.
I'd appreciate you giving it some thought, and time if you go through with my idea. Its really appreciated. Also, is the bug fixed so I can upgrade my locker?The last time my friend tried to upgrade his locker, the locker contents got deleted. and he lost a lot of great backup apronic gear and other handy stuff.

Thanks Aprone!
big_smile

2019-04-26 15:00:27 (edited by MikeFont 2019-04-27 00:17:18)

Hi all, last night I had no problem logging into swamp. now, hours later, after I enter my password I'm told to check my firewall settings and or anti-virus setting to make sure swamp isn't being blocked.
Has anyone else had this problem? I know I only have a few days left on my account before it runs out. But I should still have a day or two, for sure.

Thanks for any help with this.
Update, I just tried logging into swamp, and had no problems. Go! freaking! figure! rofl
smile