2019-03-28 10:56:14

So the last season of game of thrones is coming out this year. Usually we could get it from the movie vault after the season finishes, but since that's no longer an option does anyone know how we can get it this year? It's not on netflix, not on the south african one anyway, but I've heard it's not even on the american one either.

2019-03-28 14:42:09

I am making a case for allowance to the staff list. Due to the absolute popularity of this series, and also the fact that is is actually hard to find this content described, and that it's the final season, I am putting forward the case to allow links on the forum, but with proposals that have limits. Whichever one gets used, if any, I would like whichever limits are decided upon to be strictly enforced. Whether that's you as the user, or us as mods and admins, they will be enforced somehow.
Some staff may have different ideas to mine as well, perhaps harsher limits even.
Also do not forget the very real possibility the rest of the staff will say no, and if more say no compared to yes, then that will be it.
Please await our decision, I'm personally hoping we can figure something out that will allow it in some kind of capacity.
Thank you.

2019-03-28 15:30:36

If you would allow links leading to the game of thrones series to be distributed here then the rules should apply to any audio described tv series or movie, you can't just make a rule and apply it until the season is done. I would vote no because it would create a lot of friction amongst the forum members, perhaps some flame wars and a few copyright problems. There are a few options for audio described content such as netflix that people can use and not watching a season  isn't the end of the world.

“Get busy living or get busy dying.”
Stephen King

2019-03-28 15:40:41

Hi.
I have an idea about where you could get it from. However I think the same as @ post 3.
If you let us share links to this program, but you do not let us share links to smaller programs, that is un-fair

Have a lovely day.

2019-03-28 18:52:43

The audiovault will no doubt be able to get it.

2019-03-28 19:16:03

Hi.
Movies, which also goes for audio described content, is copyrighted based on countries or regions. Therefore, I don't see how it can be legal to share such things on a public forum. Yes, it's a shame that it's extremely difficult to find, but that does not make it legal to share on a public forum.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-28 20:05:48

I think allowing links like this would be a terrible  idea honestly, serving only to further muddy the waters around what constitutes a breech of the forum's copyright rules.  Especially taking into account the quadrupling of the time a warning stays active on your account.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2019-03-28 20:15:20

@zakc93 You won't find Game of Thrones on Netflix, because they aren't Licenced to stream any HBO content. Just to switch topics for a moment: one thing that Netflix has done recently that I like is that they seam to be adding some South African content as well, but as for HBO content, I don't think we'll see that on Netflix anytime soon.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2019-03-28 20:41:13 (edited by bcs993 2019-03-28 20:41:57)

Well, since the decision whether to allow free downloads of audio described content is still up in the air, is there actually a way to purchase the season or a set with all the seasons of this particular series with audio description anywhere?
We do have a local streaming service called showmax that has it, but it's not available with audio description.
As for whether we should be able to post links to audio described content on this forum, I believe that, even though it's a fine line, it should only be prohibited if we have a perfectly legal service to obtain the content, such as in the case of buying games or software.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2019-03-29 09:09:06

Hi.
No, I think the Audio description is only available in the US. If we buy it on dvd's from the US, we can't play them because of the region restrictions which is a huge shame. If that was possible, I would have imported the whole series long time ago.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-29 12:28:01

Hi
I think it's time we took audio vault Into serious consideration. A lot of effort is being put into it and I'm sure by the time Season 8 is released, audio vault's maintainer would be able to get it. My question is that if people are willing to put their links up on audio games forum why not sending it to audio vault for greater good?

:)

2019-03-29 12:35:05

This.

2019-03-29 13:05:37 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-29 13:09:25)

Hi,
ST MC, Thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot.

At everyone else, I should be (fingers crossed) able to get the version of GOT when it comes out, and have it on the vault, but if you happen to have a way of getting them yourself, and would be willing to share that would be one less thing we need to worry about, so just get in touch and I would be happy to host it on the vault.

I did state my thoughts although in perhaps harsher terms than what I ought to have in post 14 here post 13 is also something I agree with but its phrased much nicely than I ever could phrase it so I won't say the same things again,
  But I run and manage the Audiovault which btw is free for everyone to use, I don't earn a single penny out of it and it relies on donations and time and effort generously provided by others, and the only reason why I do it is because ADV is not a huge thing everywhere else there are many parts of the world where Its nither broadcast, nor sold on dvds or available through any method at all.
So if I or someone else do provide such people and others who aren't doing well financially with such Audio descriptions be it through the vault, BMMV or dropbox links over here, I don't see nothing wrong in it.
and yes, I sure as hell am looking forward to the last season of Game of thrones
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-29 16:09:40

the last season hasn't e ven started yet.

2019-03-29 16:11:37

also the description is british not U.S.

2019-03-29 17:00:53

Was gonna say the description is british spoken, not American.   I have a feeling that we'll be able to get it soon.  From what it's sounding like, the audiovault is getting access to content that wasn't even available to the mice.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-03-31 03:43:22

Grryf, check your Pm. i'd like to help if I can.

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2019-04-01 05:46:58

Hi,
Thank you, G-Rad, its all thanks to the efforts of the uploaders big_smile
@Naruto, Thank you for your willingness to help, I have replied to your pm smile
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2019-04-02 17:17:07

Can someone provide a link to this audio vault? thanks!
smile

2019-04-02 19:37:42

here you go

Follow me on twitter

2019-04-15 09:40:48

now that first episode is out, I Wish I could watch it without waiting

:)

2019-04-15 10:00:07 (edited by grryfindore 2019-04-15 15:20:29)

Hi,
Edit, uploading it to ***, should be up soon.
Me too, but unfortunately that's not possible
I am working on trying to get  episodes as they come out. and will make an exception for GOT and upload individual episodes, as soon as I manage to get my hands on them.
If you happen to have a way of recording them, or getting audio described versions of GOT get in touch so that we can have it available for everybody.
If not, I'll still be looking for ways to get at them.

Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2019-04-15 17:35:27

Hi,
have a look at this post
Enjoy!
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2019-04-16 13:36:49

so, here's all the info I have regarding GOT audio description that I've managed to collect over the years. I don't know how accurate it is, most of it should be true, some of it could be plain lies. I've only heard the info from various people and have no way of verifying it myself, so feel free to correct me.

So, apparently, the audio description of GOT comes from the UK, not the US. HBO, which is the creator and US distributor of GOT, apparently has a policy of not creating audio description at all. Hovewer, HBO apparently does not exist at all in the UK. However, they've signed a deal with Sky, a british broadcasting company, that lets Sky broadcast GOT in the UK. Apparently it's Sky that prepares the description, not HBO. So, the only way to get at the original source of the audio description is to get access to Sky. I've also heard that, for obvious reasons, they don't get early access to GOT episodes and are unable to prepare the audio description beforehand and it's only available for the second and subsequent times it airs. Apparently if you watch it for the first time, just after it comes out, you may not get AD at all, that might be why the episodes come with a delay.

As I've said, those are all just rumours, not sure how many of them is true. I'm not british and have no way of checking myself, any corrections would be appreciated.

2019-04-17 06:18:18

Hi,
The stuff with sky could very well be true, but I do believe the audio describing agency very likely get access to GOT before it airs, else it couldn't be out as fast as it does.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter