2019-03-28 13:29:38

I'm thinking about joining robotics club, and just wanted to know where a good place to learn java would be?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-29 09:18:04

I'm not in any way a Java programmer, but this one seems reasonable
https://www.amazon.com/Effective-Java-3 … sqlanta-20

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-03-29 16:45:35

@2, that doesn't teach java, that teaches programmers who already know java how to write effective (a.k.a. high-quality) code. I'd ecomemdn on my end the CoreJava series, which teaches beginner Java all the way up to advanced Java, including how to make Java libraries through the Java Native Interface (JNI).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-03-29 20:06:42

I used lynda.com but I don't know if that's a paid service or not since I set my account up through the school district.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-03-31 00:13:29

Yeah Ethin, I am sorry for the confusion. You are right

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com