2010-11-20 00:04:18

A suggestion about carma system:

Once we have done resolving the issues related to the usage of the carma system, the site administrators than should alter the user meddal evaluation (Advanced audio gamer, hyper advanced  audio gamer, etc.) by making it based on carma system, not based on number of posts that he or she sent due to following reason: The carma system already shows that the user's posts are helpful or not, while the post count doesn't. I hope that the post is quite understandable. :-)

Regards,

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-20 07:12:46

Hi,
yes, it is understandable; however, I am inclined to think that these are two somewhat separate matters. The user status based on post count simply reflects how much time they spend posting to the forum, it doesn't yet have to mean that they are exactly helpful. *smile*
Maybe this information could be omited altogether, when the direct post count value is provided at each user's contributions anyway. Or just kept as it is, I personally don't care.
I like the new carma system and it seems it might in fact be resolved now - nobody has complained for some time. LOL
Burak, someone must have appreciated your efforts to be active on the forum, so they clicked on the "thumbs up" link at your posts. That's what the system is there for - to appreciate others' participation.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2010-11-20 10:48:39 (edited by burak 2010-11-20 10:49:31)

I wandering to my carma is wigh -11? oo! it is now -12!

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2010-11-20 20:42:12

I'm afraid I don't like the idea of making board wratings be based on karma, sinse there are some bennifits to having higher wratings eg, custome titles, and it would be pretty bad if these were based only on community approval.

Some extra awards might be nice, though bare in mind sinse karma can rise and fall these might be temporary.

On that note burac, I'm sorry to say the reason you have -11 Karma is that some people have disapproved of your posts and have been hitting thumbs down to them. The only way to remove it would be to have people give you thumbs ups.

Btw, I've personally not lowered anyone's karma sinse imho that's a bit mean, though i have given a few good points out. Then again, another point of the Karma system is that it's completely anonymous, so you can vent any opinion you want.

this is unfortunately the thing with karma, it can be good or bad just based on people's opinions.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)