2019-03-26 19:10:29

I jus want know, why do you all bite on to people's prying and prodding like so.  they feed on that kind of stuff and its what drives those types.  Most of Mahdi  topics like that, and every time people hook like fish.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 19:17:30

I totally agree with the decision made here today. However, the moderation team needs to take the hard-learned lessons of this topic forward. If the forum allows for it, formalize the counting of warnings, bans, etc. and if it doesn't, maybe a private Dropbox folder shared by the moderation staff, an Email list, etc. where records of all prior warnings, bans, etc. handed down can be kept, and where the team knows such records will stay intact, etc. Also, people should not be allowed to get by with violating rules left and right, then deleting the offending topics and going on as if nothing ever happened. Life doesn't work like that.

I also think the time has come to close this topic, and were I a moderator I'd probably do just that.

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 19:34:50

First of all, the issue with Mahdi, and people in the past in general, is that ban length, ban triggers and the like were mostly handed out after warnings without specific criteria. As such, it would've been hard to keep track of things without combing, the way Alireza did.
I do agree, however, that formalization is good. This was the plan going forward. There is, as far as I know, no way to make this happen in a code sense on the forum itself, but having some sort of document detailing warnings and timestamps is definitely on the list. At first I advocated for Mahdi to be given one final chance, but this is because I did not realize he'd been banned four times previously and also because I did not want to try and invoke the community failure clause given how recent his latest warning was.

But yes. I think this thread can be closed now.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up