2019-03-26 16:33:38 (edited by sunshine 2019-03-26 16:46:39)

I don't see the big deal in a post edited precisely 41.56789 seconds later.
At least it's better than deletion of a topic went explosive and full of a flame war just to avoid retribution by the moderators.

Thumbs up +2

2019-03-26 16:36:31

@mahdi abedi i have nothing to do with your childish bullshit, i'm just sharing my opinions and helping a forum moderator, i have no interest in getting you warnings / etc he asked and i gave the last version of it i had, i only read untill post 22 how would i know that you could send 10 more replies within 5 minutes and delete your post, something that's very cowardly.

2019-03-26 16:38:30 (edited by pranam 2019-03-26 16:39:05)

agreed @51
@52 it's his writing style, he writes like that.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 16:39:12 (edited by redfox 2019-03-26 16:40:15)

I just... The world has problems if this entire topic is full of these too bickering in an ancient deformed version of english, wahaha, pranom's isn't that bad but Mahdi? Holy balls.
And are we seriously bickering like wittle itty bitty two year olds? About an eddited post? Here, I'll eddit my post, is it the end of the world?
eddit: #54
redfox
Today 9:39 am (edited by redfox Today 9:39 am)

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-26 16:41:14

@54 I'm not bickering, but I've had enough from mahdi now and I can't have more so I've to reply.

Best regards
Pranam

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 16:43:01 (edited by Jod 2019-03-26 16:43:56)

well since there's a lot of people here and it's a live chat, last time you helped me with my realtek drivers this time can you help me about my skype for business? i don't know how to uninstall it and it's annoying.

oops, i just accidently edited my post, sorry, my bad.

2019-03-26 16:46:52 (edited by cartertemm 2019-03-26 17:36:26)

moderation:
To begin, I'll go ahead and give Pranam a quick caution. You haven't broke any rules here per say, and you're not being punished, but I think everyone can see further replies are only provoking Mahdi and doing little aside from pointlessly adding insult to injury. In the future, please refrain from continuing, just let it die. There's no shame in not having the last word here.

Thanks Aleriza for the full archive of the offending topic and post, before that I was dreading being forced to rely on word of mouth. Mahdi actually gave me some information himself for which I'm grateful. So here's where we stand.
By way of the community failure clause, and as a result agreement from more than one member of the moderation team, Mahdi is being banned from this forum for 90 days due to personal attacks. He has shown an evident disregard for the many, many cautions and warnings thrown his way on a number of occasions, made evident by the happenings this morning and even right now. This is his second ban, so will be lasting 90 days. Allow me to remind you for the umpteenth time, no matter what happens, personally attacking someone is against the rules here and thus will not be tolerated. When/if you next receive a caution, I highly recommend you heed the advice contained within. Where you to have done this, I wouldn't be needing to throw out a ban but here we are. In addition, and yet again, please go over the new set of rules in site and forum feedback. It's a long document, and I'm doing my best to see that it gets it's rightful place on the top section of the forum, but such is tough with two highly inactive hosts. Bare with us guys.
In my eyes everything I'm reading is worth way more than a single warning but there's not much I can do past seeing you on your way for 90 days. The fact that you continue, despite the many warnings and cautions, has lead me to believe you either don't understand what we're trying to tell you or just simply forget. If number one, feel free to ask and we'll provide clarification where needed. If number two, well I really do hope you treat this second ban as a learning experience. In 90 days, starting now, Mahdi will be allowed to return with all warnings cleared. Next ban would last a year, and the one that follows would be permanent. Please don't force our hand here.

Number 16 of the now deleted topic read:

mahdi-abedi wrote:

at 11: as you dont beleaved, I showed to you to bleave this: so you lired and you know him
report me as you can: I didn't do any bad things: saying right thing and kill lie is bad? oh oh oh,

Pranam was providing a legitimate request, that you remove his skype name which should be kept private anyway, to which you denied and went on to call him a lire without proof or reasoning. That right there is a very heavy claim.

Not a warning here, but still under moderation. Would like to address Mahdi directly in post 19.

mahdi-abedi wrote:

at17
see this message which that you rote?
Forking, how can we be sure that this guy is forking? Never saw this skype id anywhere. Without proofs, believing anything is not possible.
you sed that you never saw this id, now you are saying you blocked him: its not lie, what it is? I just tolled guys that forking started, you guys made drama about me: I shouldn't be warned, drama creaters should
also, you are saying you shaired my id, do you think that you are king? you are nothing! I never apologize for it: never

What someone does off forum will in no way effect the way they're treated here. If you, "create drama", on the forum, violating rules in the process, the moderation staff will take appropriate action. Not before. This hero character whoever he is hasn't done anything here.

Jaybird I'm in full agreement and will see what can be done, honestly surprised we're just now having this happen after so long. Only a matter of time I guess. While Mahdi might not have actually meant to remove evidence, he removed evidence. And at this point intentions are basically irrelevant.

Thumbs up +3

2019-03-26 16:51:42

Sure, use revo uninstaller. Download it from
Ninite.com

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 16:59:33

Although I think carter meant Alireza nosrati, or known as darkAlireza by "dark". Just to prevent confusions between our forum user "dark" and "darkAlireza".

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-03-26 17:03:15

Oh yeah. Correct @59

Best regards
Pranam

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 17:26:53

Moderation:

No, I'm not dropping any warnings or bans or anything. I just need to say something about the whole process.

This whole thing with Mahdi has been touchy, because it has, for instance, forced us to realize that warnings expiring as quickly as they do is just not going to work...especially now that we tend to use cautions more anyway. Cautions don't expire and don't accumulate, so we tend to drop those first.
So anyway, Carter conferred with a member of staff and gave Mahdi a ban for 90 days. He invoked the community failure clause in a way that some of you may feel is either too hasty or too harsh, but did so because the user in question was showing virtually no signs of change or willingness to listen. The issue with any such system as our community failure clause is that it is open to interpretation, and what offends or upsets one person may not do so for others. It is possible to act quickly in the interest of defense of the forum without considering the long-term ramifications.
In this case, here are a few more considerations:
1. Mahdi had already had a total of four bans against him before this, a fact I personally did not know. All were under a looser and more informal structure, but they're still bans, and the behaviour which sparked them is still going strong.
2. Mahdi may be young (by his own admission), but drama seems to be following this user almost everywhere he goes, for various and fairly obvious reasons.
3. Invoking the community failure clause was the right thing to do, and the staff team will be reviewing all of the evidence to see if an extension of punishment is necessary, given that Mahdi has been banned four times before instead of once.
4. I'm in favour of making warnings expire every 30 days, not every 7 days, and also want to remind you that if you've been banned, warnings will lapse twice as slowly for a year after your last banning.

The fact is, we're still trying our best to interpret these newer and more concise rules. Please bear with us. it is definitely not our intention to either let people get off scot-free, or to come down on them like a ton of bricks without due cause. Given the informality of prior rule structures, it can sometimes be tricky to know exactly who was punished for what until we're forced to examine it. Carter acted decisively, and on review it looks very much like Mahdi had run out of chances a long time ago.

As always, though, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate in bringing them to us. Speaking personally here - though I'm sure I can probably speak for most other staff members as well - I have an open-door policy, in the sense that I do not wish to stifle opinions or criticism. I can't fix what I don't hear, and can't address it if I don't know about it. That said, I hope you're all having a wonderful Tuesday, or whichever day it is while you're reading.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +2

2019-03-26 17:28:18

Just to clarify here, I did not myself provide any archives.

I did report both Mahdi's initial topic regarding the forking on skype business and this onee since both manifestly needed mod attention.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-26 17:31:51

hello, @carter he has been banned more than 4 times i can say, the evidance is below.
first ban
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/315051/#p315051
Dark
2017-06-12 20:49:05
He who writes
User Karma: 1,542
Moderation!
"Mahdi you have been told again and again to not talk about bans from other games on this forum since it just causes problems.
Both  Sebby and I warned you what would happen if you went on doing it, that you would be banned from this forum as well.
Well, it's happened, you are banned from the forum for a month, and if you cause the same sort of trouble when you return you will be banned for even longer, perhaps forever!
Email PM

second ban
https://forum.audiogames.net/post/321216/#p321216

Sebby
2017-07-27 17:59:08
Audio Quaker
User Karma: 147
MODERATION:
@Mahdi, it is my sad duty to report that I have again banned you from this forum. This time for five months (unbans on Jan 1 of next year).
Being sorry isn't good enough. It is incredible and sad that, after having been unbanned last time for repeatedly annoying game administrators on this forum, one of the very first things you chose to post was a request to be unbanned. It is clear from your behaviour that these in-game bans are amply justified.
If, when you return, you are still unwilling to behave yourself and show respect on this forum for the decisions made by game admins, and to generally show respect to others on this forum when making requests, then we will have to take drastic action to prevent you from ever posting again.
We don't want to do that. Please, use these next few months to learn to show respect and behave yourself. There is no need for this childish pestering and demanding. You can ask your questions politely, and get along with people, while still having a lot of fun. If you can't get along with game admins and play nice, then there's really no place for you here.
Website Email PM

third ban:

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/347363/#p347363

Nocturnus
2018-01-13 19:43:10
Nightly Sentinel
User Karma: 672
MODERATION!
Until further notice, the user known as mahdi has been banned for spreading material we do not condone the use of here on ag net!  As Orko has kindly pointed out in post 33, this material was discussed in length by the moderators and was decided on long ago.  Post 29 was rather suggestive as it said, and I quote, "I do whatever I want," which to me at least, suggests that mahdi was not going to remove the post or the offending link in question.  given the amount of time that has passed between it being posted and now, the fact that others have advised the link be removed, and the poster's overall attitude, I do not see the ban as unreasonable.  the matter will also be brought before the moderation panel for further discussion.
I thank those who reported this issue and promise we shall continue to deal with it accordingly.

fourth ban

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/384901/#p384901

Dark
2018-10-05 09:32:55
He who writes
User Karma: 1,542
Moderation!
@mahdi-abedi you are well aware that discussing cracks or any other way of stealing games without paying is not allowed on this forum and have been warned about this in the past.
For this you have been banned from the forum for four months.
Email PM
Report Quote

5th ban just given by carter

https://forum.audiogames.net/post/422637/#p422637

cartertemm
Today 18:46:52
User Karma: 186
moderation:
To begin, I'll go ahead and give Pranam a quick caution. You haven't broke any rules here per say, and you're not being punished, but I think everyone can see further replies are only provoking Mahdi and doing little aside from pointlessly adding insult to injury. In the future, please refrain from continuing, just let it die. There's no shame in not having the last word here.

Thanks Dark for the full archive of the offending topic and post, before that I was dreading being forced to rely on word of mouth. Mahdi actually gave me some information himself for which I'm grateful. So here's where we stand.
By way of the community failure clause, and as a result agreement from more than one member of the moderation team, Mahdi is being banned from this forum for 90 days due to personal attacks. He has shown an evident disregard for the many, many cautions and warnings thrown his way on a number of occasions, made evident by the happenings this morning and even right now. This is his second ban, so will be lasting 90 days. Allow me to remind you for the umpteenth time, no matter what happens, personally attacking someone is against the rules here and thus will not be tolerated. When/if you next receive a caution, I highly recommend you heed the advice contained within. Where you to have done this, I wouldn't be needing to throw out a ban but here we are. In addition, and yet again, please go over the new set of rules in site and forum feedback. It's a long document, and I'm doing my best to see that it gets it's rightful place on the top section of the forum, but such is tough with two highly inactive hosts. Bare with us guys.
In my eyes everything I'm reading is worth way more than a single warning but there's not much I can do past seeing you on your way for 90 days. The fact that you continue, despite the many warnings and cautions, has lead me to believe you either don't understand what we're trying to tell you or just simply forget. If number one, feel free to ask and we'll provide clarification where needed. If number two, well I really do hope you treat this second ban as a learning experience. In 90 days, starting now, Mahdi will be allowed to return with all warnings cleared. Next ban would last a year, and the one that follows would be permanent. Please don't force our hand here.
Number 16 of the now deleted topic read:
mahdi-abedi wrote:
at 11: as you dont beleaved, I showed to you to bleave this: so you lired and you know him
report me as you can: I didn't do any bad things: saying right thing and kill lie is bad? oh oh oh,
Pranam was providing a legitimate request, that you remove his skype name which should be kept private anyway, to which you denied and went on to call him a lire without proof or reasoning. That right there is a very heavy claim.
Not a warning here, but still under moderation. Would like to address Mahdi directly in post 19.
mahdi-abedi wrote:
at17
see this message which that you rote?
Forking, how can we be sure that this guy is forking? Never saw this skype id anywhere. Without proofs, believing anything is not possible.
you sed that you never saw this id, now you are saying you blocked him: its not lie, what it is? I just tolled guys that forking started, you guys made drama about me: I shouldn't be warned, drama creaters should
also, you are saying you shaired my id, do you think that you are king? you are nothing! I never apologize for it: never
What someone does off forum will in no way effect the way they're treated here. If you, "create drama", on the forum, violating rules in the process, the moderation staff will take appropriate action. Not before. This hero character whoever he is hasn't done anything here.

Jaybird I'm in full agreement and will see what can be done, honestly surprised we're just now having this happen after so long. Only a matter of time I guess. While Mahdi might not have actually meant to remove evidence, he removed evidence. And at this point intentions are basically irrelevant.
Email PM

2019-03-26 17:34:00 (edited by sunshine 2019-03-26 17:34:53)

A huge, huge thumbs up to you, Alireza. Great job up there. big_smile

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 17:34:34 (edited by pranam 2019-03-26 17:35:13)

@63 Oh my god! Moderators and administrators should review their decision! And a thumbs up coming your way.

Best regards
Pranam

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 17:39:49

Moderation:

Review will be happening, and it is likely to result in an even heavier punishment being given.

The fact that there are four bans on the table instead of just one or two, and all within the last year and a half, means that this doesn't even have to invoke the community failure clause, as such. Frankly, based on the evidence, Mahdi shouldn't have been here even this long.

That said, we have to review it formally and get the opinion of at least one administrator before making any further action. For now, Mahdi is neutralized, and if he tries to come back or get around the ban in any way, he will be dealt with.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-26 17:41:40

@Dark by dark carter meant me because my nickname was DarkAlireza since 2015

2019-03-26 17:50:59

Hi,
First, I went ahead and edited my post. Aleriza has been known to go under the name Dark everywhere else and that's how I know of him, sorry for the confusion.

Second, as Jayde said, the matter is under discussion. At the moment we don't have a reliable method of counting warnings, so the only way would have been doing exactly what was done in 63. I was running under the assumption I had all the facts in regard to his ban situation and thus no further investigation was necessary. Indeed each of them were carried out when I was little more than a casual forum user. Apologies for the mistake, and thanks go out to everyone here who offered up corrections. thumbs up from me. If anything this has been a massive learning experience. Not only have rules needed to be slightly modified, but as a team the warning tracking system or lack there of is not at all working and will need improvement.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-26 17:56:52 (edited by Dark 2019-03-26 17:58:52)

@Alireza, sorry about the name confusion, and thanks for the log, I was going to actually put one together myself but you preempted me big_smile.

I'll say myself that when I gave Mahdi the four month ban in October, that was certainly considered to be a last and final chance.

whether the current mod team feel that the recent changes in the rules and administration warrant something  else is up to them, perma bans and even really long bans are after all a very serious matter and not to be undertaken lightly, but its probable this is going to wind up being more than a 90 day Ban as Jayde said.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-26 18:05:56

Why the hell has no one noticed that this isn't even his first account? Read for yourself, looks like he made a new one. Perhaps I'm mistaken

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 18:07:35

We have another possible rule violation to contend with. I say possible, because it could be a grey area. In the list of offenses which could lead to immediate banning, it says:

Public sharing of personally identifiable information of any user without their express consent where that information is not otherwise available (such
as divulging real name, telephone number or physical address)

I never read the topic in question and don't really care to, but the question is, does a Skype ID constitute such information. This leads to some other questions if so. Is that Skype ID publicly known or knowable? In other words, is it published somewhere (the now deleted topic not counting) or could a person who wanted to find that ID find it without resorting to questionable methods to obtain it? If not, did Mahdi-Abedi have permission to post that Skype ID, and if so, can such permission be proven?

I know this is pretty much academic at this point, it's just something I wanted to point out.

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 18:11:46

@71 he didn't have my permission to post it publicly. It's posted on my profile, but a stranger can't read my profile until he creates an account on the forum. Sharing it publicly could spread it everywhere, because the forum is indexable from google.

Best regards
Pranam

Thumbs up

2019-03-26 18:24:02

well,
all I want to say is,
@63, good job.
I hope things are sorted now.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-03-26 18:46:01

moderation:
A quick update and revision to post 57. In light of investigation, nearly everyone on the moderation panel including an administrator is in agreement with more drastic measures being undertaken. Mahdi has been permanently banned from the forum. A fifth ban, five times, is more than enough than can reasonably be expected. Mahdi has already been given more leeway than should be tolerated, and this will not occur in the future due to our new rules which actually saw an update today. You might want to have a look over there, #8 as well as the Discipline section have been slightly altered. Now with this episode out of the way, how about we get back to gaming!

Thumbs up +3

2019-03-26 18:52:59

I'm satisfied by the decision @74, Thanks for considering it again.

Best regards
Pranam

Thumbs up