2019-03-25 13:09:28

Hi all,

I also contacted the dev with the captcha issue, he was indeed very kind in his reply. I will paste his reply below. I also suggested the google captcha's to him, so yeah, without any further adue, his reply:

--- start of reply
Hello Pelantas,

I'm very happy to hear you enjoy the Realm so far!

I'm having little experience with accessibility and basically with coding in general, but I'm trying to catch up.

For the time being, I removed the old captcha from the registration page. This should no longer prevent people from signing up, as soon my work is done, I will use the google re-captcha. I hope this will both add some protection against bots and improve the accessibility for new Seekers.

If there would be other issues that prevent you from doing certain actions through the game, please let me know. I can't promise improvements, but I do promise to at least look into it smile

Kind Regards,

Aro
--- end of reply

I also checked the registration page, and indeed, the captcha is gone for now smile

I really love the game, it is the best thing i startedplaying in at least a year, and i imagine this dev also ending up on my list of devs i like to support.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-03-25 13:45:59 (edited by Dark 2019-03-25 14:03:44)

Well a big thanks to the developer for fixing that irritating captcha.

Lol this is typical, I was reading through the help files and decided to try out the game (I was impressed whe the skill list got to cheese making), and I got a "this page is temporarily unavailable), big_smile.

Edit: okay it is working now.  time to try this one out.

I'm afraid since Mirage hasn't provided her character name for referal (I tried mirage and it wouldn't work), I'll have to put someone else down.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-25 14:26:53 (edited by Dark 2019-03-25 14:35:33)

Okay either I must be very thick or the labeles on this game aren't working correctly.
I am trying to do the first quest to cook meat, but all I see in my inventory are a bunch of  buttons labelled as "submit", indeed the game is telling me to "submit" so much  feel like I'm in a full nelson choke hold big_smile.

I would've assumed  the buttons for each item would correspond to actions like cook" or "add to meal" or junk something like that, but I'm just not seeing them, indeed none of the game's buttons seem to have labels other than "submit" which seems to make it pretty difficult to do anything.

I tried aditional focus information key, i also tried searching for the text of the word "cook" and nothing worked, which makes me think the labelling here must be pretty wonky either that or the game  doesn't play properly with either chrome or internet explorer. I'm a bit confused, since I thought the game was playable and I confess rather disappointed since I was quite looking forward to this one.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-25 17:37:57

I tryed to register, but received no confirmation-EMail.
I also checked my spam folder and found only some interesting Mails about other explosive desires but no confirmation-mail.

2019-03-25 17:53:20

I  ham having problmes with buttons  which is making me sad because the coocking this is part of the tutorial quest   i think we will have to contact aragander for this one to  as the hole game as werid buttons in it  for different things

2019-03-25 20:05:17

I played the Grail Lords a few years back, and am surprised people are just getting to it now. I played on IE and doing the cooking and stuff was easy enough, I even got to the point I had chickens and sheep and was getting wool and eggs from them all the time.

The problem I had was I was completely unable to navigate the world map, has anyone gotten to that and figured it out? If so, I'd be thrilled to go back to the game.

2019-03-25 21:14:13

Dark,
My character name is Wyndava.

The cookin took me a minute to figure out. Basically, you have a backpac,, and a chest. When the quest master givs you the meat, it's in your backpack where it should be.
When you click on "cook", then you click on the "1" under meat, which means you're choosing 1 meat to cook with, then you jump down below the list. Look for an edit box which wants you to name your meal. Do that, then choose "simple meal" right underneath it. It doesn't look like that's a link or button but click on it anyway. After that, go down further to an option that says "cook meal." I can't remember if it's a link or button or what. Confirm it, and you should have your food.
This is one of those where you choose from a big list, then have to jump to the bottom of the page to make final choices.

2019-03-25 21:17:20

Last night, I sowed and plowed my potato field.
Then I bought a sheep and a chicken.
It's fun!
I believe this game will improve accessibilitywise, because of the developer's willingness to learn and implement.
I hope you all enjoy it.

2019-03-25 21:29:11

actually, it has some stuff to do with combo boxes for cooking but Mirage basically has it, and apparently it is randomized what your first meal is when you cook. The very first time I made something years ago I made cheese, and this time I had to cook Grapes. Not exactly sure what grapes can be made into on their own other than into raisins but that's what I made.

Now I'm working on my chickens.

2019-03-25 22:08:01

still trying to work out what the subbmit butons are for just because i wan to no?  if they ware for game play or if i need to ignore them?  i have asked arrogander about them to i need to log in and see if he has answered me or not.

2019-03-25 23:38:08

Hmm, this looks interesting, will try it after getting some rest because if i started cooking now, that would be the real myself in the kitchen, described in one word, terrible. big_smile

2019-03-26 02:22:27

actually your first coocking thing if you use only one ingredeant will succede sorry typing sideways pluss things  are noizy here since my house has flooded  and we are trying to dry things out

2019-03-26 08:41:40

Still no confirmation-Mail.
Maybe the system dont like GMX?

2019-03-26 08:48:00

Hmmm, i'll see if i get one. But i guess GMail will work.

2019-03-26 09:16:02

Hi,
These submit buttons that people are talking about are probably a nvda thing. as I haven't come across a single one with firefox and jaws
Could also be a browser thing though
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-26 11:42:36

Hi,

Well, i came accross them while using chrome and jaws as well. But the combination internet explorer and jaws works just fine for me. It can be either nvda, chrome or a combination methinks.

It can be an issue with gmx yes, cause i used gmail, and the email came through. Have you looked into the spam folder? Probably it did end up there, cause some registrations in online games do end up in my spam folder in gmail as well.

Hth

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2019-03-26 11:48:24

Hi,

Sorry for double posting, but did anyone had any luck yet with travelling outside the town? Cause i don't get any useful descriptions, so don't have any clue on where i am going smile

Probably something to pickup with lord arogandor at some point as well smile

Greetz mike

2019-03-26 13:52:39

I am checking it since yesterday. But nothing!

2019-03-26 18:26:00

I haven't gone out of town yet. The manual said to stay in early on, because you have so many skills to learn.
But I'll let you know how it works if I venture out.

2019-03-26 18:35:19

I wish I could play for longer than five minutes a day.  I'd like at least half hour, hour out of it.  maybe at later levels, though.

Fun game to play when I need a quick break from work.

2019-03-27 01:03:15 (edited by liseo 2019-03-27 01:05:20)

hi all just a report that i got back from arogander to say that the capture has now changed over to google capture woohoo! keep  reporting stuff and suggestions on fixing said stuff to because with us he broke his online player peek yesterday! also can anyone give me a run down on how to  equip tools? am  trying to  do the farmer quest  you can right me ingame my user is liseo same as on here if you like

2019-03-27 01:21:31

Hi all,
Good news, the developer has joined us. Could someone please let the developer know that he has now been unrestricted and should be able to access the forum? Thanks.

2019-03-27 02:41:00

I EMailed and let him know.

2019-03-27 12:23:23

Hello all,

Thank you for this wonderful topic!

A whole new world opened up to me and I'm very happy to welcome so many new Seekers into the Grail Realm!

My very limited experience with blind people -the classic helping them to cross the street cliché- made me spend no time at website accessibility. In fact, I dare to say I never even heard about it before last week. Because of this, The Grail Lords have some catching up to do in this area.

With roughly 15% of enthusiastic Seekers using screen readers, I realize what an enrichment this is! The Grail Lords is an old fashioned text based browser game that slowly grew over the years. It offers a slow paced medieval fantasy setting in a open world with a small but warmhearted community and -almost- weekly updates. Yet we still are a very small project with around 200 daily active players.

The game goes back almost 12 years ago when I was a student Architecture, spending my time building an entire world instead of just houses. Today, I still work part-time as architect to have some form of financial income, but it's my dream -and ambition- to make a living one day from The Grail Lords and be able to work on it full-time. My knowledge of game design and coding is rather limited, but I make this up with a great willingness to learn. However, progress is slow and it often takes a while before new additions are added.

I was able to alter few aspects based on the posts here. With sufficient feedback, I hope to highly improve the accessibility of The Grail Lords within a month.

Exectuted updates:
- The old captcha has been replaced by the google re-captcha, as far I know it works properly for anyone registering.
- The first tutorial of Wanna Knowall, has been altered and Seekers can now either upload an avatar image or write a profile description to continue the quest.
- The 49 map tiles now contain the HTML title tag, providing some tile information (grass, mountain, shore, road, the town names,...)
- The HTML alt tag has previously been used, but I'm paying more attention to this now so that all image will be have an alt tag in the future.

As always, I highly appreciate feedback, so don't hesitate to contact me here or in game to share your constructive criticism, ideas and feedback.

Yours Sincerely,

Lord Arogandor

2019-03-27 12:46:44

wow, thanks for checking on us!
wellcome to the forum!
smile
I just have a problem with some of the buttons, it's only reads submit submit, but honestly I don't know what can you do to fix it, relabel them, maybe?, players that uses jaws+firefox says they could read the button properly, but I don't have jaws, and I only useing NVDA+crome since it's free.