2019-03-25 23:28:49

@Nuno69, I've sent you an EMail.

73 Wj3u

2019-03-26 13:17:21

Wow! this screen reader performs faster than an other I've have been using, but don't know the name of.
I have a question: Despite I don't speak neither write chinese but I can translate it, on the help & feedback section of the screen reader there's 2 qq groups: one is private while the second gives me a question. I want to colavorate with them, in case I have problems with the reader. I have been showing to some of my Friends and they liked it. Don't know what the latest versión is, but I'm gonna enjoy it when is fully translated, I mean sorted, so I could translate into spanish. Is the translation going? I really miss this screen reader in a while, since I use Talkback all the time.
@Nuno69, Did you saw the eMail I've sent you kind of yesterday?
Thanks and sorry if I was gonna annoy you, but I have university for 3 hours.

73 Wj3u

2019-03-30 14:35:49

@Nuno69, I've sent you 2 emails regarding Commentary Screen Reader.
Wow, this program looks so amazing in regards to other applications I've been using for so long.

73 Wj3u

2019-04-04 16:48:15

@Nuno69, I'm trying to add the developer to my QQ contacts to give me the translation files, but when I add it it appears a verification code. I don't know what the answer is so maybee some help shall be needed.
BTW I'm on the QQ group.

73 Wj3u

2019-04-05 11:33:45

I feel like this project is dead now.
No updates, no information, complete radio silence.
It's a shame, really. It had promice.

But sometimes the world is better without sight...
Because You can see the world how it really is...
Dark.

2019-04-05 11:42:24

The project isn't dead in China. Translation updates are few and far between.. because people are busy with multiple projects, not to mention personal lives. smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-04-05 12:12:48

Hello!
The project is not dead, I just don't have time to put the translation together.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-04-05 12:25:46

Hi,
As @assault_freak and @Nuno69 said, the Project isn't dead. I'm following the QQ group.

73 Wj3u

2019-04-09 06:59:59

@Nuno69, I've sent you an email with an attached file. That's the Spanish translation for the reader.

73 Wj3u

2019-04-10 18:25:16

@Nuno69, Did you saw the 2 eMalis I've writed?

73 Wj3u

2019-04-17 11:55:38

Hey!
I have a bunch to report here, as the work speed has Sky Rocketed, thanks to my radio presentation of the Commentary Screenreader in the polish biggest radio station for the blind!
First of all, we have a new version (2.0.190416.2) which is on a good way to being fully translated in to english.
The translation has some flaws here and there, but these will be fixed sooner than later/
In order to download the link you can go to
https://nuno-software.pl/cloud/index.ph … fygfBo3dEE
The second info is that you can join the Commentary Screenreader's official WHat's app group. As the developer doesn't speak english I will be translating everything related to him. You can buy the screenreader directly in the group. In order to join the group you can go to:
https://chat.whatsapp.com/BgLbrGKmvQ2LmNVO0VmonW
If you want to contact me directly, you can use the E-Mail
[email protected]
or What's app which is a prefered method: +48535091999.
Thanks for reading and I wish you good luck in the commentary journey!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-04-17 14:53:31

Wow, greet update nuno! Iwill contact you and Will download the update

73 Wj3u

2019-04-22 22:50:00 (edited by queenslight 2019-04-24 19:53:28)

News Flash

The below info, is direct from the "Eyes-Free Android List" and additionally forwarded on to the "Android News Talk Apps and Deals" list:

Gushasad Gushasadowicz
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 1:44 AM
To: eyes-free
Subject: Commentary Screenreader - huge updates, work in progress and an announcement

Hello!

So some time ago I posted here about this chinese screenreader, which as you probably remember had some pretty innovative stuff on it as translator, OCR ETC.

Now I would like to inform you about some things.

1. The program is more or less in english now. 90% of the interface is in english now, there are flaws in the translation but I will be fixing them ASAB

2. There's the screenreader's whatsapp group, the link is:

https://chat.whatsapp.com/BgLbrGKmvQ2LmNVO0VmonW

3. You can buy the screenreader in the group. Just ask there and I will get back to you ASAB

4. The link to get the screenreader is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqehqw6mv3hs8 … 1.apk?dl=1

Telegram Group?

See @post 116, for official Commentary Screen Reader Telegram Messenger links.

2019-04-23 00:40:09 (edited by angel_diva22 2019-04-23 00:41:14)

Well, the actual developer does not speak any English, but yeah. It would be cool to see a Telegram group. I've even considered making one myself, for those that don't want to use Whatsapp.

I've heard from some that everyone is on Whatsapp, but I guess that is not the case.

For all who are on the Eyes-free list, @nuno69 is not the dev, but a support agent.

Take care!

2019-04-23 04:37:11

@angel_diva22

Se "post 114," for a link to @ke7zu'[s Telegram group, which I just added the link to post 113.

2019-04-23 20:09:10

There is an official telegram group created.
URL:
t.me/jieshuochat
For those who want news only
t.me/jieshuo

2019-04-23 20:45:19

@116
Ok, thanks! I will let Sarah know.
BTW, ya may want to subscribe to the Eyes-Free or that other list I mentioned earlier, unless someone already passed along those above telegra links.

BTW, the Eyes-Free list link again, just in case, is:

http://g.co/eyesfreegroup

, though many others migrated to the other list I spoke of in post 114.

2019-04-25 22:44:43

why is this screen reader better than talkback?

2019-04-26 08:14:03

Hello!
Even from this unfinished shitpile, which is my manual you can make your opinion.
Warning, I didn't set up the website yet.

Commentary Screenreader: user guide
Written by Nuno (nuno69a 'at' poczta 'dot' fm)
1. Introduction
1.1. What is Commentary Screenreader?
Commentary Screenreader is a screenreader for the Google Android operating system. The thing that makes it better than every other screen reading software available on the market is how much innovative features this program has.
They include: build in translation service, build in Voice Assistant, OCR, object recognition and many, many more!
1.2. System requirements
The program has the following system requirements:
Device: the target device should be an ARM X86 or ARM X64 compatible device. It is unconfirmed if the program will work on any other CPU architecture (Android X86 or other)
Memory: Commentary Screenreader requires atleast 50 MB ROM memory and 1 GB RAM memory to run fluently. It might be possible to run the program on lower-end hardware, however the reliability and usability of the software is not confirmed.
Operating System: The program requires minimum Android 4.4.2 to run, however some features are available from Android 8 upwards only.
1.3. Permissions
The program requires some special permissions in order to make it fully usable. These include:
Microphone: used for consuming the build in voice assistant.
Managing phone calls: used for proper altering of the speech settings in different states of the device.
Memory permissions: used for reading installed plugins, extensions, sound themes and other third-party components.
Camera: used for some OCR capabilities like object recognition, scene recognition ETC.
Other permissions are required for proper functioning of the program and denying them is strictly discouraged.
1.4. Getting help
There is a number of ways you can contact the support team. Probably the most reliable one is Telegram. In order to join the Commentary Screenreader official group, please navigate to the following URL:
https://t.me/jieshuochat
Other ways include E-Mail (written at the beginning of the document), and our forum at
https://jieshuo-screenreader.com/forum
2. Installation
The installation process for the software is straightforward. Make sure you meet all the requirements shown above and then proceed to the following page:
https://jieshuo-screenreader.com/download
Depending on the device you are downloading the file on, you might place the download on your target device.
After you're done downloading the file, navigate to the path where the file exists and execute it.
Warning! On most Android devices you will be prompted for disabling the security feature which prevents external applications from being installed. It is strictly recommended to re-enable it just after the installation process finishes.
In order to enable the screenreader you have to navigate to your accessibility settings and enable the Commentary Screenreader service.
Warning! Remember to suspend your previous screenreader before enabling Commentary, as gesture conflicts may occur.
3. Gestures
Commentary Screenreader has a very flexible and extensible gestures system. These are divided into the following types:
Basic gestures: gestures used for the basic operations. They are mostly performed with one or two fingers. If the gesture requires drawing of an angle, the first half should be performed across the whole screen and the other half might be shorter.
Fingerprind reader gestures: gestures performed on the fingerprind reader. This feature is available from Android 8 and above, and not all devices support it. It is known that the feature is supported on All Huavei Devices and on some Xiaomi devices. However the exact model numbers are not known.
Multipart gestures: gestures which are made of two or more basic gestures. There is no default setup for any multipart gestures. They must be setup on your own.
Edge gestures: gestures performed at the very edge of the screen. Because of how hard they are, there is no default setup for them. They must be set up on your own.
The program might also be used with keyboard, volume buttons and headset buttons, if applicable.
3.1. Basic gestures listing
The following listing shows default mapping for all the gestures which are supported by default.
3.1.1. General
Up swipe: move to the previous element
Down swipe: move to the next element
Left swipe: jump back in a large group of items like a list
Right swipe: jump forward in a large group of items like a list.
Double tap: activate the focused element
Down right swipe: open the menu
Up right swipe: open the actions menu
Down left swipe: activate voice assistant
Up left swipe: open the extensions menu.
Left right swipe: home screen
Right left swipe: recent apps
Up down swipe: move to the top of the current screen
Down up swipe: move to the bottom of the current screen.
Left down swipe: Switch navigation modes
Right down swipe: open item browsing
Left up swipe: open the notification panel
Right up swipe: read the whole screen
Swipe up with two fingers: scroll up
Swipe down with two fingers: scroll down
Swipe left with two fingers: go to the next page
Swipe right with two fingers: go to the previous page
3.1.2. Call interface
Right swipe: answer, toggle hands free mode
Left swipe: reject, hang up
3.1.3. Media player interface
Swipe left: previous track
Swipe right: next track
3.1.4. Word by word navigation mode
Up swipe: go to the previous line
Down swipe: go to the next line
Right swipe: go to the next character
Left swipe: go to the previous character
Double tab on a line: browse words in that given line
Up left swipe: go to the previous paragraph.
Up right swipe: go to the next paragraph
Right down swipe: selection mode
3.1.5. Node browsing mode
Left swipe: move to the parent node
Right swipe: move  to the child node
Up swipe: move to the previous element in the current node
Down swipe: move to the next element in the current node
Double left swipe: go to the root node.
3.6. Slider operations
Left swipe: decrease slider
Right swipe: increase slider
4. Main menu
The main menu can be opened in two ways. The first one is just to open the Commentary Screenreader app from within your Android launcher.
The second one is to select "Program settings" from the global menu (down right swipe) gesture.
4.1. General settings
TTS speed: alters the global TTS speed of the whole operating system.
TTS volume: alters the global TTS volume of the whole operating system.
Read usage hints: determines if the hints related to usage of the given element should or should not be announced.
Read the list range: Determines if the index of the focused item should or should not be announced.
Read notifications: determines if the notifications should or should not be announced.
Use custom gestures: determines if the applied custom gestures package should or should not be used.
Custom gesture settings: opens settings related to custom gesture packs.
4.2. TTS settings
Main TTS engine: The engine used for reading all the content spoken by the screenreader, except notifications (these will be handled separately). However this function supports only english and chinese environments.
Secondary TTS engine: The engine used for reading notifications. If you select the same engine as the first one, only the main TTS engine will be used.
Use a single TTS engine: explicitly force using only the main TTS engine.
System TTS settings: the panel for setting your TTS preferences up. The difference between this one and the one presented before is that this one will affect only the screenreader.
Xunfei TTS settings: extended TTS options for Xunfei, a chinese TTS engine.
Unisound TTS settings: extended TTS options for Unisound, a chinese TTS engine.
Other TTS settings: more TTS settings
System TTS volume: you can set up TTS volume explicitly here.
Queue notifications for reading: determines if the notifications should be queued for reading or in case of the new notification reading of the current one should be aborted.
Audio ducking: determines if other sounds should be suppressed when the TTS is speaking.
Slow down speed when in word by word mode: slows down the TTS by 50% when in the word by word browsing mode.
Use accessibility volume: makes the screenreader use the explicit volume, not the media volume. However it supports Android 8 and higher.
Use ringtone volume: determines if the ringtone volume should determine the volume of caller info.
Use the proximity sensor: stops reading when the proximity sensor is touched.
Use wakelock: determines if the screenreader should prevent the screen from locking if the long text is being spoken. Warning! It is known that it has some problems while interacting with Youtube, take care when using that option.
Enhanced wakelock: if the above option does not word, please try this one.
Read numbers by digit: determines if the numbers should be read as integers or explicit digits.
Speak punctuation: determines if punctuation should be announced while reading.
Use pinyin TTS when in edit mode: Determines if extended support for the chinese keyboard should be enabled.
4.3. Feeddback settings
Audible feedback: determines if the sounds from the currently chosen sound theme should or should not be played.
Sound theme volume: controls the volume of the currently selected sound theme.
Sound themes: controls which of the currently installed sound themes is used.
Vibration feedback: determines if the device should vibrate on actions.
Vibration intensity: controls the strength of the vibrations.
4.4. Action settings
Gesture themes: controls which of the currently installed gesture themes is used.
Gestures description: outputs the current gesture themes' help file, if any.
Gesture settings: allows to create, modify and delete gesture themes.
Per-app gesture themes: allows to create different gesture themes for different applications.
Alternative gestures settings: settings related to the alternative gesture theme, where up down swipes are exchanged with left right swipes.
Scrolling settings: Settings related to scrolling lists
Edge gestures settings: settings related to the edge gestures. That concept will be presented later in this manual.
Shortcut keys settings: allows to modify the behavior of physical buttons on the device.
Onclick action settings: Miscellaneous settings related to clicking
Multipart gestures settings: settings related to the multipart gestures.
Fingerprint reader gestures settings: settings related to the gestures performed on the device's fingerprind reader.
Other settings: miscellanous action settings.

2019-04-26 08:40:38

Hi.

Hmm, after reading the manual I see the same problem with this screen reader as I see it in Talkback, a lot of complicated swyping gestures to open menus for choosing a selection mode and the like. wouldn't it be easier using a Voiceover type rotor gesture to switch if you want to jump by chars, words, paragraphs and the like? Also, why would you need gestures to go to the home button or recent apps? You mostly have a button at leased for home and if not, you have a software w´button.

I will certainly try the reader out, but as it sounds now, it runs into the same gesture mess which talkback has.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-04-26 11:04:47

Android accessibility API does not support more than two fingers.

2019-04-26 13:58:43

Hello guys!
Some features I did not find in the reader: The possibility of darkening the screen, a way to navigate through titles, links, buttons, etc.  And a way to control the speed of tts through gestures.
Anyone know if this screensaver has it?

2019-04-26 15:36:14

Hi guys,
The latest download link gives me a 404 error. Post 1's download link installs a version all in Chinese.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-04-26 21:19:04

Complicated two finger+gestures are patented by Apple, so Android must move around them. Two finger gestures are really one finger performing the gesture, but 2finger is a passthrough of sorts. Long press is a similar effect.

2019-04-26 21:23:51

Lol, Samsung said fuck you to Apple and stole the gestures from them and that's why I respect this company