2019-03-23 20:32:10 (edited by Mirage 2019-03-25 21:15:22)

In this game, you travel, quest, fight monsters, play a lottery, and set up your life in a town which you can change at will. In the town you can farm, ranch, craft, cook, learn at the university, practice hundreds of skills, help other players, etc. The skill trees are divided into personal, combat, craft, daily, and a few others, and I was amazed at what all is offered. There are the usual stats, but a few are unique. You gain and lose reputation with the towns you visit and live in, popularity, honour, even cowardice.
For anyone who wishes to use me as a referer, my character name is Wyndava, W y n d a v a.
I am going to include the link to the help file here, rather than the game, because I want you to see how massive this is.
For the game itself, all you have to do is click on "go to the grail lords" at the top of the help page.
https://thegraillords.net/help.php

2019-03-23 21:01:13

how do you get the humanoid check. solved?

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-03-23 21:08:04

I just ran into that, and I'm currently trying it on different browsers.
Google Chrome and IE don't work.
But I'll keep looking.

2019-03-23 21:40:01

Ok, using Firefox I found out enough to realize there is no audio captcha at all.
So I emailed the developer, and politely asked him to add one.
I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

2019-03-23 22:16:41

Is the game Story driven? The game sounds quite good, but when there is no Audio captcha I probably won't Play it... Hmm maybe I will... Dont really konw

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-03-24 00:04:51

Hi guys if you are using firefox, you can install an addon called webvism it is a capcia solver. HTH

2019-03-24 00:29:44

HI,

The probel i ran into with webvisum is that the one which was offered on the webvisum.com website was working up till firefox 41 or something. People did write a newer version for later versions but with the newest firefoxes it got blocked ... But i admit this was months ago that i discovered this. Probably, and hopefully this was changed & solved in those months ... Don't know smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-03-24 05:56:39

I haven't heard from the developer, but I got sighted assistance and logged on.
I like this kind of game, because it isn't linear. In other words, you can do the tutorial, but then you can do whatever you want, and increase whichever skills interest you the most.

2019-03-24 06:47:34

There is also rumola, another CAPTCHA solving extension, and windows 10/JAWS OCR which might be good enough.

2019-03-24 07:01:01

ah, why rumola for crome shows 404 not found?

2019-03-24 10:03:50 (edited by Dark 2019-03-24 10:04:15)

I don't have anything in chrome at the moment, since captcha begone became so buggy it was unusable and I wasntt preprared to go on paying for it, perhaps if the developer can't be emailed a message could be sent in game or via a forum, since its not as if there aren't other captcha alternatives available, indeed this is the first inaccessible one I've come across for a long time (google's latest just requires you to click a checkbox to confirm your not a bot).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-24 11:14:40 (edited by Ciri 2019-03-24 11:19:54)

I think I'm gonna try the game... And when I stumble upon the captcha, I'll stop and wait what the developer says.
Edit: Okay, I thought there's gonna be a random captcha occuring randomly in the game... Gonna get some sighted help to Register, because the game sounds fairly cool.

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-03-24 13:00:33 (edited by grryfindore 2019-03-24 13:01:52)

Hi,
I was actually able to sign up (thanks to my sister)
But for people that don't have sighted asisstence around, you could always try be my eyes or similar. smile
My username is grryfindore there, so feel free to put it in as my referal to help me out a bit, or put in the OP as one.  I was going to, but I couldn't locate their referal name id or username.
seems to be one of those ptw games but pretty extensive and certainly worth a try.
Not much you can do in a day, as the stem runs out pretty quickly so it can be something you log into once or twice in a day, do your thing and leave it alone which can be a good or a bad thing depending on how many other things you are playing at the moment lol
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-24 14:13:07

looks like it's a cool game, I ask for sighted assistance for the captcha , there are a view unlable button in the game though, it's only says submit, submit

2019-03-24 14:17:54

JasonBlaze wrote:

looks like it's a cool game, I ask for sighted assistance for the captcha , there are a view unlable button in the game though, it's only says submit, submit

Probably one of those screenreader browser combination issues, most stuff reads just fine for me, using firefox and jaws
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-03-24 18:09:27

Hi,
I got a response from the developer this morning. He was so nice about it!
He said he wasn't very familiar with screen readers, but he had read a bit about them and tried to make some fixes in the past.
He told me if I can think of anything that would improve accessibility for the game, to let him know.
I sent him a link to this topic, so maybe he will read, or hopefully join the forum.
He did say it's a one-man project, so a lot of times he can't get to all he wants to do as quickly as he would like, but he sounds like a rreally nice guy, and I hope if he joins, we will welcome him with positivity and enthusiasm.
I played yesterday, and had a lot of fun. I did one of the tutorial quests, and then started another one helping a farmer care for his fields.
Every  time you take an action, one of your skills goes up, so it's fun!

2019-03-24 18:13:24 (edited by Dark 2019-03-24 18:19:48)

Nice to hear the developer is a decent fellow.

Personally, I just wish there was a fix for that stupid captcha so I  can register and play the game, since I haven't really got any  access to
assistance or any way of getting around the thing at the moment,
and its such a miner problem it should be an easy fix.

I did attempt to register, but no luck.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-24 22:26:28

Could you try the Be My Eyes app?
Somebody suggested that on here, and it might be a great temporary fix.

2019-03-24 22:32:29

I'm not really sure how that works or if its even available in Britain.
I have the seeing ai ap for Ios, but that isn't specific enough to read one set of letters on a captcha, and to be honest this is something which should be fixed anyway.

2019-03-24 22:53:24

I found this game like 3 months ago, attempted to register, failed, and gave up. I do hope the dev will fix the captcha, the game sounded promising.

2019-03-24 23:14:49

Hi,

This afternoon i registered my account, i made use of the catpcha be gone service in combination with internet explorer.

I will take a look in the manual to get to know more about the basics of the game.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-03-25 02:05:19

I'm pretty sure Be My Eyes is available in many countries. You download the app, register as a blind person, then when you need sighted help, you just connect and wait for someone to answer. My understanding is that there are ten sighted people waiting to help for every one blind person, and because the sighted helpers are from many countries, you can get help day or night. You also tell them your spoken language, so they will always connect you with a speaker of that language. I've heard only positive things about it. Most people only have to wait five minutes or less for help. They'll help with anything from identifying canned goods, reading computer screens, telling you the color of something.

2019-03-25 02:18:50

hi all i have contacted and got a positive responce  from the dev of this game Aragander he said he will change the capture over for us as soon as possible pluss a cupple of other unlabled butten porblems i have also flaged bear in  mind i have also had to  contact him from with in game because to do so from the contact page r requires a big fat capture.

2019-03-25 10:00:26

"Mirage I'll have to check that, how much it costs etc. In the mean time though a fix for the captcha would be very much appreciated. Its bee a while since I played a good browser game.

2019-03-25 13:08:48

I checked the game now. and, hooray, the developer removed the captcha.