2019-03-15 02:59:28

@Wlomas, I miss the wastes too! Warsim is complex but it's laid out in a way thats fairly easy to use. There are lots of ways to play it smile

@Vylcount, thanks! the idea sprung to mind when I was adding the sound effects, definitely enjoying fleshing out warsim's sound!

And yeah it's a really chill theme smile I'm glad you have the choice of a few of them

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2019-03-17 11:27:49

Hey guys, I just wanted to take a little moment to thank you all for the constant support, for everyone who lurks here, for everyone who comments and comes up with ideas, for everyone who's been here for a minute or for years!

I can't really put into words how awesome it is to see how the game and the community has grown since the development of this game has begun.

There are definitely areas of the game that are not up to scratch, and I've got at least 20 big features I've promised that aren't yet in the game, but I will not stop working on Warsim until it's complete in my eyes! this won't be like most early access games, I said this two years ago and I hope I've proven my work ethic, even if it's a little sporadic at the best of times.

Thank you guys for everything, from the bottom of my heart!

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2019-03-18 02:51:37

Just thought of this as in inside-joke: maybe add an advice line for Old Croll when asking him for an advice that you should fire him and find a replacement. Something like "I'm getting old as you see, perhaps you should fire me and find someone better for the job".

2019-03-18 07:46:32

lol!

2019-03-18 11:30:48

Hahahaha, leave OLD CROLL ALONE! Ok

2019-03-20 13:03:05

ok so i bought warsim. liking it so far. but can someone tell me using NVDA how i can review text generated please?

2019-03-21 08:40:16

Another Suggestion in Addition to expand the quest System and hourneys/exhibitions would be campaigns you can Play in warsim. Those campaigns can have there own Storys and Tasks, that is even possible for a king if someone Needs your help for example. I think that would be nice, too.

2019-03-21 11:08:03

Any NVDA users able to help Darren?

And I'll note it down Niklas, already planning on that potential first person adventure stuff following knights, but current drive is still the soundification of warsim, added tons of sounds ready for the next update coming soon smile

2019-03-21 12:20:01

hi,

when you find things like mines etc, do they automatically become yours and you are accessing them or what?

2019-03-21 13:38:36

Ok so as usual this update took a little longer than I wanted, but I needed to make sure all locations were covered with new destruction sounds, and tons of other stuff, let me know what you think!

**NEW JESTER FEATURES**

It's a dumb idea that came to my head, but as anyone who's been playing warsim for a while knows, those dumb ideas often end up in the game, well now any jester who's introductory speech to you starts with the words 'Honk Honk' or 'Wonk Wonk' will say that before every joke or riddle! Also you can find nervous jesters who will often mess up trying to tell you a joke or riddle!

* Added Joke telling jesters now show their face instead of a horse image
* Added possibility of nervous stuttering jesters
* Added possibility of jesters that say Honk Honk a lot
* Added possibility of jesters that say Wonk Wonk a lot
* Added dwarf joke (level 1 jesters) (credit Laughing Gravy)

**BLACKMARKET TROOP CHANGES**

The Blackmarket has been buffed again, the place is a highly valuable location with tons of population but often a weak and easily beaten army, no more!

* Added 1000 starting troops to blackmarket
* Made blackmarket bandit troop wages half a gold coin per turn (instead of a single coin) to allow for more men to be on payroll without bankrupting the market
* Increased blackmarket troop limit for all leaders (6000 for bandit kings, 4500 for bandit warlords, 3800 for all others)

**NEW FACES**

Lots of new faces, demons by request and halflings due to their use by our new race!

* Added 2'869'278'572'160 (2.8 trillion) Demon faces (credit pinback)
* Added 2'525'644'800 Halfling faces (was 740 million, now 3.2 billion)

**NEW RACE**

A new race, Homunculi are tiny little troublemakers!

* Added new race 'Homunculi' to the game (small humanoids, smaller than halflings) using halfling faces, protofolk names and having terribly low population and strength stats

**RACE CHANGES**

Tried to go through the list of race prefixes to see which ones should logically change skin colour, so now races will look more and more unique, also three new prefixes! so you can get Ransacking Dwarves, Snow Elves and Desert Demons!

* Added 'Ransacking' race prefix (allows race to raid and gives +3 battlescore)
* Added 'Snow' race prefix (Gives White Skin, +6 battlescore)
* Added 'Desert' race prefix (-5 population level +7 battlescore)
* Added Ghostly races now have white skin
* Added Golden races now have yellow skin
* Added Water races now have blue skin
* Added Frost races now have blue skin
* Added Fungus races now have dark green skin
* Added Volcanic races now have dark red skin
* Added Lightning races now have yellow skin
* Added Bronze races now have brown skin
* Added Arcane races now have purple skin
* Added Flame races now have red skin
* Added Fire races now have red skin
* Added Mini races get smaller faces

**VYLCOUNTS HIREABLE BRAWLER SYSTEM**

A great suggestion from Vylcount, now certain winning brawlers can be hired as a new champion!

* Added dynamic brawl hire system (possible hire for free, or random gold figure) (credit u/Vylcount)
* Added slum pit fighters hireable (credit u/Vylcount)
* Added hired brawler entertainment fighters hireable (credit u/Vylcount)
* Added dragons kneecap brawl fighters hireable (credit u/Vylcount)
* Added thickblood tavern brawl fighters hireable (credit u/Vylcount)

**NEW SOUNDS**

So as with the recent updates, there's been a huge push on getting more sound effects in the game. No longer will Warsim be a relatively soundless game save for the background theme! No! I've been downloading Copyrightless sounds from Freesounds.org and mashing them up. If you have any ideas for places that could use sounds let me know!

* Added new sound effect when taking orb from northern hall
* Added new sound effect when destroying chaos orb (in artifact hall)
* Added new sound effect for Oooh Snakes
* Added new sound effect for destroying Oooh Snake sanctuary (pretty funny)
* Added new sound effect for opening plague box
* Added new sound effect for destroying talent stone
* Added new sound effect to touching doomstone 13 times
* Added new sound effect to touching fragment of doomstone 13 times
* Added new sound effect to rubbing the goblin stone enough
* Added new sound effect to firing an arrow in archery range in wildwood
* Added new sound effect to hitting an arrow in archery range in wildwood
* Added new sound effect 'watchtower down' (funny)
* Added stone destruction sound effect (credit Niklas)
* Added sound effect to destroying blackmarket statue
* Added new sound effect (evil rock break)
* Added rockbreak sound to all evil demonic totems
* Added new sound for chopping the gift tree down
* Added new sound for taking gold from the gift tree
* Added sounds to musicians guild destruction screen
* Added building destruction sound effect

**NEW DESTRUCTION SCREENS**

All of these locations now have much better destruction screens which each include sound effects.

* Added new destruction screen to Wild North Mercenary Outpost
* Added new destruction screen to Harvest stone
* Added new destruction screen to Hlok Mine
* Added new destruction screen to Doomstone
* Added new destruction screen to Explorer stone
* Added new destruction screen to Old Stone
* Added new destruction screen to Fjori fortress
* Added new destruction screen to Eastern Trade Post
* Added new destruction screen to Scorpion Pit
* Added new destruction screen to fort Kullak
* Added new destruction screen to ruined southern village
* Added new destruction screen to Arasuk
* Added new destruction screen to strange southern rock structure
* Added new destruction screen for Nalli trade post
* Added new destruction screen to Fort Gorthmek
* Added new destruction screen to monfort mine
* Added new destruction screen to smallhaven watchtower
* Added new destruction screen for Strange Cabin
* Added new destruction screen for Oooh snake sanctuary
* Added new destruction screen for goblinstone
* Added new destruction screen for cartographers guild
* Added new destruction screen for Fort Aslona
* Added new destruction screen for the combat academy
* Added new destruction screen for fort northwatch
* Added new destruction screen for the brawl pit
* Added new screen for shallowrock mine collapse
* Added new destruction screen for blackmarket
* Added new screen for destroying love cult
* Added new screen for destroying chaos orb in artifact hall
* Added new screen for opening plague box in artifact hall
* Added new screen for destroying talent stone in artifact hall
* Added new screen for destroying strength stone

**PANGOLINS**

Pangolins are now in the game!

* Added New Race 'Pangolin Folk'
* Added New Race 'Pangolinmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Pangolins'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Pangolins'
* Added New Race 'Half-Pangolins'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Pangolins'
* Added New Race 'Pangolinlings' (sounds weird)
* Added new kingdom type 'Pangolindom'
* Added new creature 'Pangolin'

**BUGFIXES**

As always, tons of bugfixes! Thank you everyone who's reported them to me smile

* Fixed spacing bug when selecting custom races
* Fixed '14kids' text bug in secret pickpocket hideout (credit u/Vylcount)
* Fixed trade tutorial grammar issue (credit u/CWagner)
* Fixed military action tutorial grammar issue (credit u/CWagner)
* Fixed Erak labelled as krut in income reports bug (credit Cablenexus)
* Fixed goblin kingdom false label bug (credit Cablenexus)
* Fixed references to K'rut and E'rak or Krut and Erak (made them all Krut and Erak)
* Fixed independent kingdom five being labelled as independent kingdom two (credit u/CWagner)
* Fixed blackmarket guards not payed desertion code
* Fixed cyclops race description bug (Credit Blackenblood)
* Fixed steward advice text bug (Credit Blackenblood)
* Fixed 'the come to sing' text bug (credit Blackenblood)
* Fixed 'Defilter' warrior suffix text bug (credit Blackenblood)
* Fixed hiring the second or third jester choice would remove the first jesters talent
* Fixed Hired already bards breaking the system
* Fixed mercenary post text colour bug
* Fixed Doomstone text colour bug
* Fixed colour bug with huntsmans rest archery
* Fixed colouring on champ hire screen
* Fixed blackmarket leaders that get bonus troops not getting random bonus but fixed
* Fixed textwrap issues in cartographers guild
* Fixed broken buy lands from independents system (credit u/-RedditPoster)
* Fixed replacement of assasinated independent leader copies predecessors personality
* Fixed scorpion pit screenwrap text bug
* Fixed Rihhm playing busy village music even if village destroyed
* Fixed Rihhm sounds not resetting upon exit from village
* Fixed missing line from gift tree destruction and destroyed text
* Fixed colour issues in artifact hall
* Fixed outplace line in seer stone screen in artifact hall

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

Some inconsequential things, but also a new custom game option and the ability to hire musicians regardless if you already have one, thanks for the suggestions guys!

* Added ability to have independnet kingdoms not respawnable (credit u/Vylcount)
* Added ability to hire musician regardless of if you already have one (credit Blackenblood)
* Moved mining tools to productivity upgrade cateogry instead of income (credit Blackenblood)
* Added champions strengths shown on champion hire screen  (credit u/Punriffer5)
* Added 5 new giants names
* Added 5 new blogroki names
* Updated labels of the death sound system option (credit Laughing Gravy)

2019-03-21 14:17:56

hi, do we lose our currant savegame or can we continue on?

2019-03-21 14:29:07

Save games will update with every new version smile

2019-03-21 14:49:58

The game will ask you if you want to update your save file with the new changes. You can, or you can leave it alone, but in either case you can keep playing on it.

As for the nvda thing, I always just use objective navigation, but if you're not familiar with that then I think either nvda plus v or b will read you the entire screen.

Just downloaded the new version. I'll give it a spin when I'm fully awake. I do have a sound suggestion though, and it's that we have different applaud types depending on settings. For example, a round of applause for the winners from a smaller group at a brawl pit or tavern, and a bigger one at bigger venues. Also wonder if changing the way arena fights are viewed can make use of the new fighting sounds when not watching it all in one go. Maybe different crowd reactions after each hit so we aren't blasted with the cheering crowd the whole time.

2019-03-22 00:01:40

hi,

the insert b doesn't seem to work.
also i get a lot of nonsense at the top of pages. if object navigation works then can someone please help me with how it can be used?

2019-03-22 00:04:53

if not then for a future update can we have some basic commands or even get warsim to access narrator or something?

2019-03-22 00:17:57

To use object navigation, you use your numpad and the insert key where necessary to read line by line. Or, if you're like me and don't have a numpad, then you go to keyboard settings, set yours to laptop and use insert up or insert down to read previous and next line.

2019-03-22 11:56:59

You can also try capslock as the NVDA modifier if it's more comfortable or you don't have an insert key.

2019-03-22 13:09:15

strange it doesn't seem to work for me it keeps saying no objects inside.

2019-03-23 02:30:46

Make sure your in object nav mode and not screen review mode.
Also, maybe maximize the window.

2019-03-23 12:52:47

how do i switch between the 2?

2019-03-23 14:07:00

read the nvda manual, thats my suggestion,

2019-03-23 14:16:07

hi, how to dissable that the nvda saying pluss or minus all the time?

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-03-23 19:28:32

nice to know people are helpful.

2019-03-23 22:07:15

hey anybody know how i can teraform land?

2019-03-24 07:16:52 (edited by defender 2019-03-24 13:46:42)

Omer wasn't very helpful it's true, but to be honest, you probably should know these commands by now Darren, unless you are new to NVDA.

Some of this following info may be useful to other newbies and even longtime players as well, so I suggest that everyone at least skims it, because it took me a while to figure some of this stuff out.

First I'd make sure that your screen is set to the maximum resolution supported by the monitor. How you do this depends on your Windows version so I'll let you look that up, but usually you can just type something like display settings into start and find it pretty easily.
Keep in mind that if you do this and sighted people also use your computer, they may find it annoying as it will make text and icons look really small if you have a screen that's bigger than 1920x1200

Next you should open warsim, and type 3, hit enter, and type 3 again and hit enter again to turn off the music so you can hear your screen reader. Through this menu you can also use 2 to turn off ascii art and 6 to turn off animations, which I suggest you do.
After that's done, hit alt space. Maximize the Window with the menu that comes up.
After that, you can switch to screen review mode and start using the NVDA text review commands, which since I don't know what kind of keyboard your using, you should look up through your NVDA menu, under help, commands quick reference. Just read through the reviewing text and review modes sections and you should be good to go.

Now if you want to get rid of the annoying symbol symbol symbol thing on starting up Warsim, you should add this following character (which should be silent) to your default punctuation dictionary and replace it with space or something:

I didn't think to do this until recently, but it's much less annoying now that I have! big_smile

For something a bit more advanced, that may help if your willing to play around with it a bit, hit alt space again and go into properties. Now navigate to the layout tab, and in the second set of boxes (the ones that say window size not the ones that say screen buffer size) you can mess with the values.
Now I believe the maximums here depend on your screen's resolution, so since I have a 2K screen, my width is set to 285 and my height is set to 84. You'll know it's too high if when you save the settings, things can't be reviewed by NVDA any more.
The goal is to get it as high as possible before that starts happening.

That's basically all I got. If it doesn't work, I pretty much have no fuckin idea.