2019-03-22 15:50:34

I'm frankly sick and tired of hering the constant, "+game+" link is broken!
The links in the agarchive are almost never broken, developers often take down there site.
Yes? No?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-22 16:12:04

name is archive: so

2019-03-23 03:41:38

@redfox: If you're asking about why a broken link hasn't been updated, it's probably because, well, the folks haven't gotten around to it. So, continuing to post that is helpful for them, though do note that since the archive's inception, more than a dozen game database pages have linked to the archive.

2019-03-23 04:40:30 (edited by Dark 2019-03-23 04:41:22)

@Redfox, remember that we don't host files on this website, the game database pages are just intended as descriptions and to point people where to get games.
Broken links happen when a developer moves their games somewhere else, changes their site or drops out of development.

The audiogames archive by contrast hosts the actual files, so often whe a link is broken because a developer has moved their games somewhere else, we use the audiogames archive, and will indicate as much on the gamepage. Of course though, there are many games such as online browser games or ios titles that cannot be hosted on  the audiogames archive even if their links do go down.

You say "many links are broken" but which are you talking about. If you don't tell us what is broken, we can't fix it big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-23 05:18:22

I ment the plethora of game x link is broken topics.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-23 06:45:50

sorry: I understood rongly meening of you redfox

2019-03-23 07:05:24

@Redfox, I suggest you take a look at those topics, since you'll notice that said links have been fixed.
Most recently the blind eye, skate skape and soudrts, not to mention Crazy party which I've just done today.

As I said, if people don't report broken links, we don't know, but if people do report broken links, then we can fix them, or at least change the status to unknown if they're unfixable.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-25 05:50:14 (edited by defender 2019-03-25 05:52:42)

Dark, I think what he's saying is, hey, people posting about broken audiogames.net links, just go look on agarchive.net instead why don't you? Not, the mods should be updating the links ASAP, why are they so lazy!
I mean on one hand, that's true they could, but on the other, audiogames.net is an archive of it's own so, mods should be made aware that links are broken otherwise they will take much longer to be fixed and the site will suffer for it.
Besides, it's not like they aren't putting it in the wrong place, this room is for this exact kind of thing and it even says it in the label.