2010-11-17 09:36:25

Hello,

I found a setting on my profile called 'OpenID', which I do want to use. Nevertheless, I could not figure out how to use it.

As far as I know, the OpenID system works as an anonymous login name, like your user name, i.e. audiogames.net/SplendidFault.

I do not try to use it by myself because I do not want to get some unwanted results on my account, such as security vulnerability. Any helpful replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2010-11-17 10:27:18

Hi.

Could someone fully explain what the open ID feature is? I can't find any info on what it is or how to use it.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2010-11-17 12:05:44

According to their page on sendspace, open id is basically a log in system which allows you to use one user name to log in to lots of different sites and services.

sendspace also have the link to sign up for one.

My only personal problem is I've only ever found two sites that use it, namely, sendspace and this one, which makes it a litle pointless as a universal log in.

As to security, goodness knows! Myself, i make certain that anywhere I log into, I'm there with the user name dark, or dark empathy, and I have a fairly standard password which I can use bits of (though I have a far more complex and different one for Paypal), so myself I'm uncertain what difference open id would make even if more places did use it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)