2019-02-26 18:40:33

Oh, all cards have some use, yes, but the thing is, some are so niche that you'll spend the entire battle trying to trigger them, and some seem so random that if they ever trigger, it's just a matter of sheer dumb luck. And some, even when they do trigger, have only an 85% chance to fire, so...what?
So I like the diversity, I just think there comes a point where diversity is being touted as viable when it's not. For instance, Blood Resonance. Nice high damage, right? Except...you have to bleed for it, or else it's not as powerful. and making yourself bleed means Self-Mutilation, which takes turns where your opponent could be wailing on you. It also means you yourself might be open to Bloody Panic/Shock from Terror/Bloody Meal. Uh, no thanks. I wreck just fine without all that jazz. And Minuet of the Forest or whatever it's called (the card I mentioned in my last post) still makes me annoyed. All that setup and it still has a 1 in 10 chance of just flat-out failing. Again, no thanks. I'll stick to what works.

I'd love to work on balancing battle cards a bit. But this seems to be a common theme with me. Maybe I'm just never satisfied. lol

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-26 22:41:41

also, there is the thing in a lot of ccg games (collectable card games) that actually intentionally some cards are just plain crappy. This in some games is intentional. Part of selecting cards is also being able to tell the difference between a good card and a bad one, so the fact that some cards suck is okay, players that avoid these cards are deserving of the advantage they get by being able to recognize the "good ones."

2019-02-27 00:28:17

I mean, I...guess? But part of that is in monetization, too. You buy card decks or packs and whatnot, and you occasionally get crappy cards. Part of that mechanic isn't so much people getting to use the ones that work and ignoring the ones that don't, as much as it's trying to get people to shell out money to get enough decks that they eventually make up a deck of all the good ones.
Again, though, I agree. I don't think all cards need to be amazing and ultra-useful and such. I would like to see parries be more devastating/easier to use/more likely to succeed. And I still wonder why all the mace cards are 80% accurate by default.

I have found a use for symbols though. In that bug-dark blood deck I talk about so much, I stuck a couple of vermin symbols in there, so that if I get lucky and pull them, I'll pretty much guarantee myself higher bug levels as longer matches progress. It's a little unwieldy (70 cards I think, at last count) but unless I get unlucky and get something like Polar Shark on round 1 (when Fang of Shark takes like half my HP or more), I just...don't die. This is still the most reliable deck I've found, because even if my foe gets to a point where they can resist dark or bug, or somehow both, I can always turn them into a grass type and then bring down the pain. If I put Giant Sting, Combined Tackle and Combined Rampage in here, I'd probably make it even more epic in long battles, but I'd crowd it for shorter ones.

As I asked many moons ago, I'm still interested to hear the preferred decks of other people. I like weird and wacky strategy. I had a railway deck I liked for awhile, especially paired with flying type (Steel Wing is great for this). I tried various forms of grease control but could never seem to make it work well. I feel like poison-dark wants to be a thing, or even poison-psychic, or poison-fire. But I've never made poison live up to its admittedly very nasty potential. Any other suggestions? Mirrors? ghost-ground? Rock-fighting with Colossal Crushing? Grass-bug physical deck? Something around music? Dark-fairy? Electric-...well, anything? This is really the only part of the game I care about, so lay it on me.

2019-02-27 03:53:53

I've tried to do the battles, I have just become very confused about what cards are good for what, like with sarries and all of those. I'll be more specific when I have more time to write questions, but I'm just confused about what bleeding is.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-27 04:04:03

Certain cards generate Bleeding cards. If you have a bleeding card in your hand, or more than one, and you're hit with a contact move, one of those cards will be used up. You lose 1HP, then two Bleeding cards are generated in your hand (so you basically use one up, get two, with a net increase of one). So as you keep getting hit, there are more and more Bleeding cards in your hand. of course, you can junk them, too, but once your hand gets big enough, there's simply no point.
There are different strategies you can use. For instance, you can use Blueblood to give yourself a high attack boost for a short time, or Blood Loam to heal HP, or various other things. If you fill your opponent's hand with Bleeding cards, you can do all kinds of nasty things to them as well. My favourite includes Bloody Panic (generates fear based on how many bleeding cards are in the target's hand), Shock from Terror (does damage based on how scared the target is), Enlarge Sore (immediately doubles the number of blood cards in the target's hand and does proportional damage) and Bloody Meal (does damage to a foe based on the amount of bleeding cards they have, then heals you for the same amount). It's extremely hard to stop when it gets going, though there are a couple of cards that will interrupt part or all of the strategy. Thankfully, my deck can just straight-up murder you with damage too, if I'm careful, and I could probably make that even more a thing than it already is.

2019-02-28 05:31:38

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

1. Make it so that you get 1 gem for every 60 coins in battle mode, and allow us to get 2-3 gems for every time we beat the council. The only way to currently earn gems in battle mode is via the council, and you get one at a time. I think for those of us who actually want to play this side of the game over the rest, it's pretty punishing at present.
2. I'd like there to be an option opened up by default once you beat the Council for the first time, where you can play against bots as per normal, but you can customize the HP they'll have. So if I wanted, 100, 200 and then 300HP, I could do that. Not only do I think a player who's beaten the council has earned this right, but it'll let them test long-term viability for higher HP competition, which seems to be all the rage online. It's a bit tricky to test bigger/stronger decks when you have a 30HP limit to play with and can get cheesed to death pretty arbitrarily.
3. Can you please, please make all the mace cards 100% accurate, and tweak Minuet of the Forest or whatever it's called so that it's 100% accurate? They're 80 and 90, respectively, and I just don't get that.
4. Can we get some more environments to help flesh out some other types? Examples below.
Hive: 3 power on bug attacks, 1 power on grass attacks, -1 power on fighting attacks, -1 power on normal attacks
Power Plant: +4 power on electric attacks, +2 power on steel attacks, -3 power on grass attacks
And some postures:
Meditative: +5 power on psychic attacks, +2 power on magic attacks, -3 power on physical launched attacks, +4 power on physical received attacks, +3 power on dark received attacks, +2 power on electric received attacks
Hydromancer: +3 power on magic launched attacks, +3 power on water launched attacks, +1 power on electric launched attacks, -5 power on physical launched attacks, +2 power on physical received attacks, +3 power on grass received attacks
Bird of Prey: +4 power on flying launched attacks, -3 power on magic launched attacks, +2 power on physical launched attacks, +2 power on rock received attacks, +2 power on ice received attacks, +1 power on electric received attacks

Stuff like that. I dunno.

2019-02-28 16:01:52

I just made a neat deck I thought I'd share. I'm not going to break every single card down, but I'll give an overview.

So basically it's a sap deck. It has sap, sap stream and sap recovery, as well as the elf posture card to empower grass attacks and magic attacks, a bunch of grass-type attacks (none of the beams/bullet seed crud that puts you to sleep though, because...just why?). Then it has some cards like Great maneuverability, Passive Intervention and both rock and dark symbols. Dark symbols work wonders for Self-mutilation, which I pair with Sap Blood to get yet more sap. Since sap actually boosts grass moves just by being in your hand, it makes the drains even better from Absorb/Mega Drain/Giga Drain, which means you are probably able to stay healthy.
But why rock symbols, you ask? Well, this part of the strat isn't honed yet, but I've got rock symbols alongside four Power Gems and a bunch of Diamond Axe and stuff in order to potentially force you to change into a rock type, then hammer you with grass moves. If Power Gem ever, say, turns a fire type into a rock type for two turns, it's GG. Also, rock resists poison and fire, two things grass doesn't like. It's also super-effective against fire, flying and ice, as well as bug, all stuff grass doesn't like, so sometimes you can use it as a defensive switch. I came up against a poison type and had to do that to stay alive.
At one point I had something like 17 sap cards and did a not-very-effective hit of Sap Stream that did something like 92 damage to a steel type, so yeah, I think I'll take it.

I'm wondering if any of you have a more streamlined sap deck, or if this is about as good as it gets. I thought to use dark-ground in order to do a dual-type deck using blood for Blood Loam, or maybe dark-poison with sround symbols? Hmm.

2019-02-28 16:23:47

here is a deck that works with mid health battles such as 210 300 and so
i all call names to my decks and this one is cavelord
gollem, gives a good boost to phyizical and rocka ttacks, but fucsk you up if your target is water,
colossal crushing, you'Ll see that later,
all the kicks from fighting
trussing and midnight ring, can also be rush in but i dont suggest that one but that lowers your special def so much.
slighting kick and ice simbles
anti magic zone, well since your using pyizical attacks, no point of carrrieing a special booster around, also you can use this one to your advantage
rock throw big rock throw rockslide, for advancing levels
sidestep, avoiding tackles and boosts colossal crushing,
also slighting hand to switch out your cards if your so broken
so here are the advantages
if your target is grass, switch about to ice and say them hello
if they comes as water, fighting or ice again
there is only a big problem with this deck and that is you cant resist ghosty like things, you can get around darks blood cards with slighting hand but not the psychic
i hope you like this

2019-02-28 18:26:32

@Jayde: For making a deck around music, you could probably do a combination of fairy and normal that revolves around sound surge. I'll have to think more about that though, but with many sound cards, audio therapy and a few other cards to consistantly level up normal type, it may be doable. In fact I have one like that, but it is 80 cards so probably not the best. Still I think it has potential in extremely long battles.

2019-02-28 22:13:23

I just pulled off a modified grease deck too, and it takes awhile but it works. Tried setting up fire, but that didn't work so well. As in, use Grease Throw in order to give someone all my grease, then set 'em on fire. Yeah...doesn't quite work so well, but maybe with fire symbols it would be better so I'll give it a try. My god do Piston Shot and Grease Cannon do big damage if you're careful. I did use Self-Mutilation+Dark Symbol for blood, then Grease Blood for a hand full of grease, to that helps. Only lost one fight in the council with it, and even that one was close.

That golem fighter deck actually sounds like fun, so thanks for that.

2019-03-01 03:01:43 (edited by ricardo0922 2019-03-01 03:03:36)

Hi I have beta 63 but I was last playing on beta 58. My application says that the data file is corrupted when I moved from beta 58. What can I do? Thanks.

2019-03-01 04:58:22

you need to download the game again.

2019-03-02 14:36:48

Wanting your opinions on a new deck idea. I tried out a new deck idea today, chiefly as an almost guaranteed win against the grand council. It's a time stalling deck where you just try and survive long enough to kill the bot in 4 hits with time chock cards. All the other cards are meant to keep you alive long enough to actually do it though. I could also see it gaining some use in team battles, if you and your teammate can work together. I think perhaps with modifications it could work against humans, but usually they work a lot faster than bots, which will probably result in your loss. I think this deck actually becomes more effective with higher amounts of health because you can only power up, while the opponent is ground down, but many people will get bored and hate you for just stalling.

The deck contains
natural mistrust x1
prudence x3
double team x3
supplement x3
time chock x4
time healing x4
advance clock x4
return clock x4
hemmorage x1
great maneuverability x4
prospecting x4
search x2
vermin symbol x2 (optional)
armor of chitin x4
cocoon x3
survival pheremone x3
butterfly powder x3
frightening laugh x2
metallic insensitivity x2
protectionist frost x2

If you have any ideas on how to stall better just let me know. Offensive cards would not really be helpful for a deck like this, because there's no offense boosting moves.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-03-03 17:57:11

Oh my god, that's trollish. I love it. I'd personally rather just make a deck that murders stuff, but that's me. Because the issues with your deck are:
1. Sleep combos. Nothing stops a foe putting you to sleep and doing big bursts of damage.
2. Electric Lock+super effective damage+Telekinesis. it's a very specific thing, but yeah.
3. Confusion. Oh dear god, don't even get me started. If you hurt yourself a bunch, you won't be able to draw your appropriate cards, and may not have your time cards in, ahem, time.

So it's neat, I just don't know how well it'll work.

2019-03-03 18:12:31

Would it be helpful to have healing cards like hydration in there as well?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-03 18:47:57

Yes, I think I need a way to counteract status. I might add mineral insensitivity and drop of dust and hard stone, enough to switch myself to rock type to use them. That would also let me use preventive trussing instead of prudence to get my parry cards drawn.

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2019-03-04 19:51:43

so I've determined that that clock deck is no good. It's just way too slow. If the time cards worked twice as fast it might be okay, and I"m hoping they make the time cards a bit stronger somehow or add newer ones. I could see time healing being a useful card to have around for longer battles, where the turn number would actually get long enough, such as in a 1200 hp battle, but healing only 1 extra health per turn you stall is simply no good. I think having it heal 2 hp per turn number would be okay, though that doesn't  scale to the really short battles of 30 hp very well. Still, you can outdamage a time deck as long as you beat it in less than like 7 or 8 turns, and with a well-built deck that's not so hard.

2019-03-04 20:21:18

Yeah. My worry when reading what the deck had in it is that frankly poison/burn/blood/other things would simply outdamage you. Not to mention fear/confusion which might have you waste your cards.
Oh, speaking of which, if you are confused or paralyzed, you should not waste  your card. If you literally are unable to move, then how the hell are you able to junk your cards at all? Doesn't make sense? You should simply fail to act.

2019-03-06 00:53:46

i thought i posted this question earlier but i can't seem to find the post to see replies. is there any advice on making a deck?

2019-03-06 01:57:44

Depends on what you want your deck for.

My current setups:
A blood deck (bug-dark) that does damage, gets the foe bleeding and then manipulates them. See earlier in the thread for details.
A steel-flying deck with both grease cards and railway cards, plus a bunch of Steel Wing for quick switching. Once it sets up, it wrecks.
A rock-fighting deck with almost pure damage and only a very little bit of setup. Golem and Antimagic Zone to make it even worse, plus Colossal Crushing and a bunch of foot-based fighting moves to help power things up.
A steel-fire deck full of grease and Grease Blood and fire attacks. The aim here is to either generate grease naturally or with your own blood, fling it at your foe in one big blast and then cook them because grease makes you weaker to fire while you hold it.
A fairy-normal deck based around sound. I'm still ironing the kinks out of this one.
An alchemy deck where you work mainly with elixir of poison and toxic spore in order to generate tons of elixirs, then either make spores explode or make elixirs explode.
A toxic deck, which does everything it can to poison you horribly and then just wait for you to die.
A ghost deck that uses curse to full effect with high-level ghost cards.
A psychic-electric deck with Telekinesis+Electric Lock+lots of high-damage electric attacks.

And...that's pretty much what I've got so far.

2019-03-20 16:20:43

beta 64 is out

2019-03-20 16:22:33

whats new

2019-03-20 16:59:08

Wow! Going to download it as soon as I get home, here the web blocks the download because it thinks I'm downloading a virus.

2019-03-20 17:28:29

beta64

Some contributors seriously helped in the development of this version. Thanks to Sam, Carter, and Oscar. Thanks also to the translators who worked hardly for this version. Thanks also and sorry to Lucas and Qais who sent contributions but I didn't find the time to include them.

General
A documentation is now included in the game. You can find it in the main menu.
The menus supports now the multi letter navigation.
The disposition of the keys is now saved in the save file.
You can create a file called dataPath.txt and write an absolute or a relative path to a folder where you want to save your save file and other personal game data.
The statistics are more complete and you can print them in a file.
By pressing f11, you can switch the auto-enter key. If enabled, the enter key will be pressed automaticaly in many cases, if the game window has the focus. This setting is saved in the save file.
There is now a channel system, that allows you to mute some elements. Use left and right bracket to browse the channel, and press Slash or Backslash to mute or unmute it. Your choices are saved in the save file.
It's now possible de chat even in a menu.
By pressing f1, you can send a chat message only to your teamates. When you are in this mode the pitch of the chat sound will be increased so you are aware of what mode you are in.
In the reward room, the mini-games are now classed by world, and you can press Space to have the statistics of the selectionned mini-games.
You can play with a mini-game list that has just one mini-game.
Some improvements regarding the micro-games: the micro-games have statistics, you can select the number of turns in a micro-game party, and the menu that allows you to choose a micro-game plays now the music of the selectionned micro-game.
A couple new micro-games.
You can find a speaker test in the options menu.
Many improvements of the English translation.
In most cases you should now be able to use both modifier keys when performing certain actions, note that this isn't complete yet.
Many, many performance increases, particularly when starting an online party and durring launch of the game.
You can now press control+shift+w to write the game's log manually.
You can now only change teams once every second in an online party and toggle spectator mode every 1.5 seconds to avoid spam.
Shortened the map of the castle's wall game.
Some small modifications to score calculation to avoid player confusion, should decrease the number of times people get 20 points but don't win in compatition.
Fixed a bug in minigames where sometimes you would keep respawning and getting killed in a loop.
Now you can organise your decks and game lists into folders as subfolders of the deck or game folders.
Worked a little bit on fixing chatting online in board mode.
Now keys like dash and equals don't trigger while in the chat box.

Battle
An experimental quest mode is now available. You can explore a few maps and your goal is to find items that allow you to unlock bots. You can view your unlocked bots in the bot gallery.
The deck manager made by Sam and Carter is now included in the game.
You can read or print a battle type effectiveness reference in the options menu.
You win now one gem per 50 coins in the arenas.
The number of card you can get in the cooperative battle depends now on the number of killed bot and the number of player death.
In the cooperative battle mode, you can choose the starting health points, if you have unlocked the custom battle settings.
The team battle mode with bots is available in online. In this mode, and for each battle, each player plays with a bot.
The health limit in a battle is now the double of the starting health.
By pressing Shift+h, you can have a summary of your hand.
You can use Alt with the left or right arrow in your hand to pass to the next different card.
If a card gives another card, the other card is now described after the description of the first card.
The Shift+Enter command is back and you can use it to launch an offensive card against a teamate.
You need now to hold Shift if you really want to give up.
Many new cards.
Modified cards: the cards that have now the projectile or care flag, all the barriers, all the mirrors, symphony of the forest (100% success), melting ice (finally fixed).
Fixed a bug that would make you play the card you were currently focused on when sending a chat message.
A few new baddle bots.

2019-03-20 17:46:06

Nice. I will hopefully see the translations when I play soon.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion