2019-03-18 15:52:46

Link removed by admin.

2019-03-18 19:19:29

Moderation:
I have removed the actual game link. Sam Tupy owns the rights to Ultrapower and a while back he specifically said he does not want this particular game being distributed, as he believes it is, indeed, using stolen code.

2019-03-18 20:33:34

Huh. Interesting. How can I exclude the folder  before installing it. hmm.
[

ricardo0922 wrote:

It may have gotten flagged by your antivirus. Mine did. So I mane an exclusion for its folder and everything works fine now.

2019-03-19 00:35:48 (edited by ambro86 2019-03-19 00:53:07)

Hi Aaron, thanks for your message. I hadn't read about this discussion with Sam. I can tell you this. I don't know the Ultrapower code nor the Constant Battle code. However I played both games and I can tell you that this is not an Ultrapower clone. I saw other Ultrapower clones here on the forum, but it is absolutely not the case with CB.
If then in CB they started from lines of code present in UP I can't know it, but from there the game has changed enormously, as you can read in my guide.
Having said that I add that I do not know the creators of CB, I am not affiliated with them in any way. I am simply a person who likes to discover new audiogames and it seems to me that this game is strongly underestimated in this forum.
In any case, I wonder. If a game is 99% different from another can it be accused of plagiarism? Then any game is a plagiarism because it may have stolen, better, it can be inspired, to any other game.
Instead we can say that it has aspects similar to Survive the wild, but even in this case, it doesn't seem at all a clone of that game.

2019-03-20 02:29:37

Right. So for the dev who is looking at this, I even tried creating an account, just to test, with my hotspot data's connection and I'm still getting that same message. So, yeah. I honestly do not think it's an IP issue that you're stating here at all. Not sure what is going on here. Has anyone else had issues like this when registering for an account in the last couple of days?

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy