2019-03-13 16:31:39

Hi, i can also not run php code at all. the html part works fine, i have started all the services in the control pannel, but the php part does not work at all. i also tried googling for the answer but ...

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-03-13 16:45:29

Hi, i got it working. i made a new folder in my htdox folder, and inserted a php file there. Then went to that directory with my browser and it worked.

best regards

2019-03-13 17:38:48

how did you go to the directory with your browser?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-13 17:59:48

like localhost/web/index.php

best regards

2019-03-13 19:07:39

ooo! You can do that? omfg omfg omfg omfg omfg!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-15 07:52:40

Hi, did it work for you?

best regards

2019-03-15 12:48:18

Hi all, sorry for double posting, but with xampp, what can i do to make my localhost accessible to a friend when we are not on the same network? i know i will have to know my ip address, but when i gave it to him, it said problem loading page on his side...

best regards

2019-03-15 15:23:52

hey all anyone can  tell how  do i mysql statements or  mysql  how to use withxamp i have portable versioni have win10 64 byt  do i have to  add system path first? for portable ? plese share your good knolage about  servers expurts

2019-03-15 15:41:51

no, localhost/filepath doesn't work for me, neither do php.

----------

2019-03-15 16:28:47

that is strange. did you make sure all the right services are started? apachi should be enabled or started.

best regards

2019-03-18 09:34:38

i used  xamp its worcks for me  and i managed to login ... with myphp admin

2019-03-18 20:15:37

hey all  php admin gui is so confusing  in xampp how do i make  mysql databace ?in it ?

2019-03-18 20:23:52

take a look on w3schools, i believe they have a few tutorials for mysql.
I my self am not sure.

best regards

2019-03-20 11:59:38

ok, it goes like this.
First of all, if you have installed the xampp on your machine,  well congratulations, you have taken one step further to your goal of becoming a web developer, albeit quite new one, and clueless and lost.
don't worry, that happens to everyone, although I don't think everyone gets  lost as much as you managed to be. lol
ok, now jokes aside, hit the start button on your key board, which you can find  the second key from the left bottom line if you  use normal standard keyboard that is, in case you use laptop, then hit the third button, it works most of the time. But for some reason it doesn't bring up the search box on the first try,   be calm and hit it again. if it still doesn't work, go to a hardware store and buy a sledge hammer to pound it  with.
Well after trials and errors, many months later or whatever, just type xampp on it and hit enter button on your keyboard.
now, now, don't get me started  with where you are supposed to find the enter key, which which I will definitly ramble on and on about its whereabouts.
if your screen reader says "xampp control panel version something and something", good job! you have finally made  the first 2 inches of the thousand miles journey.
Now you are supposed to hit tab button few times,  until you hear  it says start button. Don't get confused my friend, there are four start buttons if i remember it correctly. You need to hit spacebar on enter key on that first start button, which is supposedly should start the php working for you. Neet, isn't it?
Oh one more thing before I continue on, if you have skype started and it is working behind the seens, then you are supposed to cripple its power and end to his ruling the empire named port 80.
now that's out of the way,  find your way to the C drive of your disk and find the folder named xampp, asuming that you hadn't the installation path that is.
There is one tiny tinsy itsy bitsy folder called htdocs  in that xampp folder, that is my amigo, your thrown room. you get that?
now what you are supposed to do is, put your php files in there. Asuming you have some, wait, you have some written php codes, right? well, doesn't matter. in case  if you don't have any, just create a new file on notepad or whatever with the txt format. Why txt?  you can change the dam name and format of course! by force i mean.
So once you created the txt file, rename its name to be index and its format(extention) to php and write your  codes in it.
Following should be easy enough code to do. Unless I lost you waaaaaay back up there that is.

<?php
echo "hello world!";
?>

now save the file and  give your first order to your empire!
go to firefox, or any other browser program and find the address bar there.
Then type this, http://localhost, which automatically searches the file named index in the htdocs folder. I hope you didn't manage  to change the standard destination for that.
So once you type the URL above in the address bar, hit the enter key. yeah yeah, our old enter key,  don't give me that look,  it is  old enough. anyway lets  not divert from our main topic. it will load the index.php file on your browser and on which you will see, Hello world!

Bingo! there you are, finally you made the 2.00001 inches of the thousand miles journey. Ahem, ok ok I stop here, otherwise I might ramble on and on until the very end of time! whenever that is.

Sincerely yours,
Aka Forrest Gump!
PS; when you buy a sledgehammer to pound the very single key on that keyboard, I suggest you to use a brick first! that's more cheaper ey?

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2019-03-20 13:18:18

@39, wahahhahhahahhahahahaha, I'll try that.

----------

2019-03-20 17:41:38

@39, I did everything you said, and the localhost thingy works, but just .php files on there own don't work.
Let me explain.
I have a contact.html, witch, once I fill out the fields and hit submit, it changes my page to a send_form_email.php file that sends the email, but it just opens the php file and shows the code.

----------

2019-03-21 16:27:52

@41
Remember that you have to put your php code between the <? Php and?> Tags
if you do not, it may happen what you have described.
I also suggest that you try a simple script that only displays the data that the user has filled in instead of sending by email.
This is better than testing on a remote server.
@33
You can run mysql through phpmyadmin if you do not have a lot of practice with mysql, I prefer mysql prompt by entering the sql commands in an interactive way, including working with mysql remote. I make queries in the database of my site directly from the mysql prompt in xampp, very practical.