2019-03-16 11:55:47

Hi all
One of the issues that we have here is the inability to check for new pms unless if you click on the pm link.

In regards to that, I suggest the following:
How about adding notifications system for pms. or maybe a badge in front of the pms link?
Best regards.

2019-03-16 12:26:50

I agree with post1

2019-03-16 15:08:23

yeah that'd be nice.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-16 16:55:30

Why hasn't that been added yet any way.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-03-16 17:10:45

Personally, if it were possible, I would hope that the notification would pop up on the site title, something like (1) AudioGames ⠠⠿⠥⠍⠲

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-16 17:59:57

Honestly if I had a pound in money for every time someone has mentioned this I'd be pretty well off, where as if I had a pound in weight  for every time someone mentioned this I'd be pretty well built big_smile.

The lack of pm notifications is just as confusing to me as to everyone else, and yet there are neither installable extensions nor anything in the admin settings related to them, indeed if adding them was a simple matter, we would've done so years ago.

what is doubly confusing, is that the project.aon forus also use PunBB and yet do show number of unread messages on the main page, so goodness knows.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-16 18:41:02

A bit of a longshot but is there posssibly a way to perhaps contact the guys at project aon to see if they might be able to help us get this feature on our site as well?

2019-03-17 15:35:14 (edited by Dark 2019-03-17 15:36:11)

I don't know, since I haven't used the project.aon boards for quite some time and I'm not %100 sure who the webmaster is, but its probably worth a go. That is of course assuming that they actually do use PunBB, rather  a bb system which just looks very similar.

Oddly enough I do sort of remember that back when the pm system was first introduced in 2011, it did have the same notifications that project.aon did, showing "you have x messages" instead of the private messaages link at the top of the page, , then a couple of weeks after it changed to the current system.
I did wonder when I looked at the admin pannel if there was an obvious setting that had been turned off, but I combed the admin settings for quite some time and couldn't find anything.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-17 18:57:56

Would it be possible to receive email notifications for PM's? I would be happy with that.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-03-17 22:41:47

Isn't anyone able to code it, I don't know that it would even be all that difficult for someone with a modicum of PHP knowledge.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-18 19:34:22

They'd need access to the server, something we don't have even as admins currently.