2019-02-25 10:01:39

thanks for the help

Have a lovely day.

2019-02-25 21:28:18

What post 631 actually means is the following.
Cosmic rage has a unique help system. Help topic might work if it's a general one, but most of the time you'll need to type a letter before the help message. Here's the list that I've found useful.
ahelp: Provides the list of activity-related help files.
shelp: Provides a list of help items related to ships, super useful if you don't have an idea of what to do with your recently purchased ship.
fhelp: Provides help files for factories, they're available at rank 200, so it might be a bit before you get there. However, it is still something to keep in mind.
chelp: Provides info on crafting items, I didn't use it that often, but still.
whelp: Try it and see what it is, I think most of it is lore, though.

2019-02-26 14:36:34

Hello!
Sorry I missed this question. Real life sometimes demands my attention in the form of fluffy animals and lots of dog biscuits.
Approaching 3 years of being up, Cosmic Rage has changed so much, and will probably change so much more, before our 3rd birthday I can't help but look at that first post, and indeed, the post title, and cringe.
How does everyone else feel.
What does the name Cosmic Rage invoke these days.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-02-26 21:48:30

I feel like the topic title is self-promoting, which I guess is the point. Cosmic Rage is fine, but I won't call it awesome. I'll put it this way: If I truly wanted, I'll need a day. A day to show all the logic holes, a day to show the rips in the delicate balance between madness and stability, a day. Yet I choose not to do it, simply because of doing so will cause me to quit from the game, and I haven't seen all of it yet. I'll still play, though I don't know how much longer do to some glaring issues and boring killing that is required at my rank to level up.

2019-02-28 10:09:01

I quit playing CR sometime last year before Christmas. I was really enjoying the game and it all  came to a crashing end when I grav jumped my fully loaded ship into a space station’s gravwell, and got blown up, losing everything I had in game.
What put me over the edge was when I wasn’t able to recover my ship from the factory where there was supposedly a copy. That was enough for me.
To have the ability to gravity jump your ship, but not the allowed to jump where you need to, and is a logical place to travel to is beyond me!

2019-02-28 21:39:17

@Post 635: Did you read fhelp dry docks? Surely your ship copy was saved, if you did it correctly...

2019-03-17 16:16:15

Just updated the first post so that it accurately reflects the game as it is today! smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-03-17 23:26:09 (edited by devinprater 2019-03-18 00:01:31)

Okay, one problem I see right away is that the Mush-client pack download from your site's soundpack page in the Cosmic Rage section leads to a Dropbox 404. Rant ahead, but know that this isn't against the MUD, it's just how things happen I guess, and I will be trying the MUD, with one of the given soundpacks of course:

I know VIP Mud is great and all, and if you install Mush-client directly and set things up one by one it is complicated, but see the Unofficial Squarsoft MUD's sound pack to see how easy it can be, just download, unzip, run mushclient.exe and you're ready to go. Contrast that with VIP Mud's thing, copy this here, that there, run vipmud, configure this to that. Really, it's the opposite. The commercial client makes things more complicated, by being commercial, so no one can really make a pack, just instructions that have to be loaded into a client. But what do I know, VIP Mud must be easy to build for, plop in a sound, a line of text to match it to, and there you go I guess.
Edit: Just tried out both sound packs for VIP Mud2. Sierra's pack hasn't been updated since 2018, June something. If it has been, that newer version hasn't made it to the site, and might as well not exist for new players. In the Readme, there is no info on how to even start using the pack or logging in. For me, that makes the pack useless as I have little prior knowledge of VIP MUD, with its laughable UI with its unlabeled edit boxes for character name and whatever else. Ugh, that's the most angering thing I've ever seen, a program made for the blind, having edit boxes that aren't labeled so that they can be read by screen readers. And don't give any excuses of "just use sapi for UI". No, that's just inaccessibility. Snap's soundpack didn't come with a Readme, changelog, installer, or anything. I have no idea what to do with the thing. Very unprofessional, even for a community effort. "but oh just find these people on Twitter or CR and they'll give instructions." Do you think a new player would put in the time to do that? Heck no. I almost quit the Unofficial Squaresoft MUD because I have the set freaking aliases for skills when they could just do fuzzy matching like Alter Aeon seems to do. But I still don't know what to do with these packs, so I may not play the game again until these huge barriers for entry are solved.
So yeah, I'd just remove the link to the Mush-client pack, and just say the blind player will need VIP Mud, a commercial, $30 client, to enjoy Cosmic Rage at its best. And please put in that Tintin++ is a good client for Mac and Linux users in the list of clients. Mac users can use TDSR, Linux users can use Fenrir, both make using the terminal a little less painful.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-03-18 00:40:55

@638,
Getting the sound pack to work in VIP isn't massively difficult.  Download the Zip file and extract it.  Once extracted, You should see a folder called sounds.  Go into that folder, select all the files with control a, then copy with control C.  Now, go to your VIP mud folder in documents at c:\users\username\documents\VIPMud, enter that, and enter the sounds folder there.  Once inside sounds, paste the files from the sound pack with control v, and answer yes to replacing files if you are prompted.  Next, go back to your extracted zip file for the sound pack.  You should see some files ending in .set.  Copy those.  Go back to the VIPMud folder in documents, and inside you should see a folder called cosmic rage.  Go into this folder and paste the previously copied set files.  There ya go, pack installed.

2019-03-18 01:33:37

Thanks, I got it working, snap's pack I mean. Still, that's more effort than needed with Mata's Clok pack and others using Mush-client, but it's a good pack, and new MUD, well kind of. I played several months ago, so I've forgotten mostly everything, lol. Besides space dragons.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-03-19 18:32:59

Okay, after playing the game more, I really like how descriptive things are. I do wish that some things, like the mining container text, like "you open a mining container. You put a fossil in a mining container. You close a mining container" could be shortened a bit to just "You open a mining container, put a fossil in, and close it." Also, after the first description of how a person's chat message comes out, it just get repetitive to hear the same thing over again, so maybe just show the full description of the way someone talks once every 5 or so minutes, maybe. Or just have this congifurable of course. But really, the attention to detail is astounding. Just look at how you're portrayed when you even move around. "You turn left and stride north." "you cut across the side of the room and head south" all that. That kind of attention to detail is what really enriches the experience. I do kind of wish that CR has more hooks into social networks, or even something like Hooks, (http://www.gethooksapp.com/) although I'm not sure if you can ask for your service to be added, but they have apps and ... hooks, lol, for Android, Messenger, Kik, and all that. May be worth looking into. And of course the Mushclient soundpack, but shoot, I'm over that now I guess.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-03-19 18:38:39

There is a mushclient sound pack, but it's in a rather bad state last time I saw it. I had attempted to fix it at one point, but lost the changes I had made.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-28 19:31:57

Hi!
Thanks for the feedback regarding the frustrations you have regarding clients, soundpacks, ETC.
All feedback is appreciated, as it always have been, whether you are a past, present or future player.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-04-09 02:57:09

Hello again, sorry for the double post.
Usually we would be sending out a newsletter right about now, but we're waiting for key changes to take place first.
That's no excuse to not update the forum though! So here goes:
RP stuff:
  Tuesday,  9  April  2019 00:46 Lara Stardust: hi! So, two things. First things first, we've changed how the rp where command works. Go us! Rp where will now not be set to locations. Instead, if there are 3 or more people gathered on a public planet, not factories at the moment, we're seeing how it goes, then they will appear on rp where. To clarify, names will not appear on rp where, but if 3 people or 6 people hang out in a bar on Earth, it will say: People are hanging out at Earth, Lara's bar. Secondly, we have changed how the @rp-nominate command works. First of all, you can now just type @rp-n Second, we've made it so that you actually choose the person, which will speed up the process at the approval end. And third: the nominator will get a small reward themselves if it is approved! Enjoy these little changes, and feedback always appreciated. Hats off to the HTPLs and Staff Sergeant Vazbal for contributions to the cause.

Friday,  5  April  2019 02:11 Lara Stardust: hi guys! Adverts have been changed slightly: 1. The submit-advert command is gone. 2. The adverts command now allows you to submit new ads, delete old ads, view ads, and update the time limit of an ad. 3. You can now choose how long your ad is up for. 4. Ads are more expensive. 5. You now see how many times your advert has been viewed. 6. Fixed a bug in how adverts were saved. 7. You now see how long the advert has till it goes down. Enjoy and feedback is appreciated!

system overhauls:
  Sunday, 31  March  2019 22:47 Lara Stardust: the very best of evenings to all of my fellow Cosmic Ragers. As some of you may know from some of my messages on ooc now and again, I have been working like a working thing in working town on working day. I have just overhauled the upgrade system, well i say I've overhauled it, I've upgraded it. Ha ha! Anyway. What does this bring to you guys, well, here goes: 1. The list and buy commands are now detailed realistic. Meaning that, if you have just entered the store and type list, your character will first step up to the display board, or whatever is in the shop, and then use it. Second, it remembers where it was left, so if someone was viewing say, upgrade 1, and you typed list 2, your character would tap home, then tap item 2. 2. When entering a store, you now see a display board or similar at the bottom of a shops description which displays what the board is focused on. You can also look at this by typing l display. 3. The list command has been changed, it now shows only item names, to see details, you type list and then a number. 4. List and then a number shows the following: 1, name, 2, price, 3, level, 4 skill requirements, and 5 description. If any of these requirements are not current on your character, IE you are looking at a level 400 upgrade while you are rank 300, then the words requirement not met will be shown next to the information, and it will be in red. 5. I think. 5. all 252 upgrades now have descriptions, and the uHelp category has been deleted. 6. Prices are now clearer. IE it will show 15000 per drone, rather than just 15000. 7. All double charging upgrades have been removed. 8. The buy command now shows different things depending on whether you are upgrading a ship, a vehicle, drone, or container. 9. All upgrades are now categorised. 10. There are more categories! 11. Buy now accepts both an item name, and an item number. 12. Display boards are now more contextial in terms of what they show to you, and what they show to the room at large. 13. The upgrades command has been made very slightly quicker. I think that is everything, but I may have missed something or other. I hope you enjoy, and feedback is appreciated!

get involved:
  Wednesday, 27  March  2019 12:53 Lara Stardust: hello everyone! I recently read a very interesting article to do with game design which raised a very interesting point to me, something which I had never considered before, not to its fullest, anyway. To that end, I want to put this idea to everyone, and see what kind of response I get. I am looking to compile a team of around 3 to 4 people, who are mixed in abilities both physical, and mental. I do not mean that to sound demeaning, merely that I would like a team that contains a person who might be able to handle complex math-orientated systems, and another one that can't handle complex systems. The aim of this team will be thus: Together as a team you and I will first, go and experience other games, both space based and fantasy based. We'll probably attempt 6 or so in total. We will play each for between 7 to 14 days and analyse performance, leveling, interaction with game environment IE roleplay, welcoming, how adictive the game is, what people do on that game that keeps them coming back, and a few others. At the end of that, we will then create new characters on Cosmic Rage, and do the same process. At the end of this, my aim is to have compiled, ultimately, a large amount of data about text-based games in general, what people like, and what they dislike. This is what is known as market research, and is a common practice in a lot of businesses. It will ultimately end with data compiled that we as the staff can then act upon to improve Cosmic Rage by knowing what it is players like and what we lack. I hear you asking, why can't the staff, or HTPL's do this: Both the staff and the HTPL's are a team of individuals who work together to ultimately achieve an end goal, accept, we all, mostly, think on similar lines and have a habit of being brilliant at one thing, but not at another. To that end, half of us would go on another game and go wow! great combat system! while the other half would go wow! great roleplay system! But both of us might miss that the documentation is written in a very friendly manner, because we are all so used to reading cosmic Rage's style, which might be too technical. To that end, what do you need for this job? A few things: First, is time. This is not a role you can dip into for five minutes each week. This is ultimately, at least, a 4 day week job for 6 to 8 weeks that, while yes most of us can, and will, be doing other things, this is a job that I, personally, will be, and will expect the team behind this to, put a lot of effort into in order to get the best results. Second, you have to be able to set aside previous game differences. I will be up front in the fact that we will be trying out the other space MUDs including Miriani and Star Conquest. To that end you will need to, temporarily, be able to set aside any previous you have with the games in order for us to get clear results. And that's it. At the end of it all, I may, if feeling particularly brave, compile the data into an over all mud report, to which we can, depending on your choices, publish it on the internet for other MUDs to gain benifit from, but that's ultimately a long way off. So, lets see how it goes. If you wish to apply to help out with this team, enter a support ticket, under category 5, and just include your name, and a short description about yourself, IE are you a seasoned mud player, what is your favorite game to play aside from Cosmic, naturally, and any other thing you think might be relevant. I know I've dressed this announcement up in ultimately fancy and rather scary sounding language, but this is a very good opportunity for you, as a person, and for me, as a developer, to sit on an even footing, while you also gain experience as to how the teams of staff work here and what is expected if you wished to apply. Further, you also gain experience into how real world businesses will carry out analysis on their competitors and actions that could be taken. The entire project will take between 6 to 9 weeks in total and will start most likely near Easter Hopefully, I have convinced some of you to apply, at least. Ultimately, the team itself will help each other in terms of difficult barriers to some games, including visual elements, profile writing, ET. This is a team effort, and I would like everyone to come away from it feeling like they've learned something, and had fun and contributed to cosmic Rage's future. So, if you're a mature, Cosmic-loving mud player who wants to grab the bull by the horns, let us know via support ticket. My mail, using Lara in the to box, is open if you have questions. Thank you!

new stuff:
  Tuesday, 26  March  2019 02:31 Lara Stardust: evening all. I have a small present for you guys that I decided to code on a wim It is a new, sort of simulator, in the Academy. This one is to do with predictive shooting. If you learn how to do predictive shooting, it makes killing space enemies a lot easier because you can tell which way they are flying, and then, shoot them as they arrive, rather than shooting them where they are, they move, and you miss. This little simulator is actually just a gun and a moving target. The speeds vary each time you play, and you get an accuracy rating when you stop playing. It is super fun, super adictive and quite easy to understand, according to the two players, Denny and Syuri who helped me test it out. I hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-05-05 13:36:10

Hello!
Some updates you may find interesting:
  Sunday, 28  April  2019 23:46 Lara Stardust: hello everyone! Lesson 1 on space combat in the galactic academy has now been written. This one focusses on gunning. I hope you like it, and look forward to your feedback!

Babies got lots of realism additions!

Activities:
the very best of evenings to you all. I am delighted to announce the second overhaul to what was previously a very boring activity. This time, hand mining was up for redo. Remember the old one, right? dig, dig, dig, dig, dig dig dig. It's like a bad Disney song! The activity is now much shinier, much more fun, and even has a few mini puzzles inside. It also has some comedy, because laughter is the best form of medicine. I hope you like it, and while I realise this might not be such a big change for older players, perhaps it will make that first step into the Cosmic Rage world much more fun. Enjoy, and feedback is appreciated!

The very best of evenings to you all. I am delighted to announce the first of our moves we will make to remove boring activities and replace them with far more interactive, and far more interesting, ones. This first, not only is much more interesting and fun, but also comes with the added bonus of being able to be done group, or solo. To what do I refer? I speak of course, of asteroid processing. asteroid what now? asteroid processing is the replacement activity for the previously dull, previously boring, asteroid hauling activity which has now been removed from the game. asteroid processing is truly too much to explain in an announcement, though I will indulge curiosities by saying that not only is the hauling process interactive, but the second section, the part where you get the materials from said asteroid, is also very interactive. It was tested and reviewed yesterday by five players, who seemed to enjoy themselves very much. prior to that, two other players gave the thumbs up to how the hauling part was overhauled. We can truly say, hand on heart, well accept Nate because he doesn't have one, that this is perhaps the most unique way of considering asteroid hauling ever seen. We sincerely hope you enjoy, and look forward to your feedback as we continue to get rid of rubbish, and implement ideas.

Other stuff:
hello everyone! After deep consideration, and with much, much encouragement from Charley in particular over the years, you can now type private <earpiece> or private  <radio>, to block the your location being shown in peoples links. Note though, this will not hide it from members of the military, who will have an override. Your location will also not be shown however if you turn the radio off, or drop it. For cy-larkans, the command is /private

Space combat tweaks to make it more user friendly.

Changes like this will continue over the next week or two, working up to a big newsletter write out at some point. smile

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-05-18 12:30:02

oh. It's me again!
just wanted to update the forum with a few awesome changes that took place recently:
First, the way socials are matched to was revamped, so that there was no command conflicts ever.

More importantly though:
the very best of evenings to you all. Our final overhaul to level 1, starter, activities is now complete and boy is this one a big one. Hunting has now been made far, far more interesting, with some features including: 1. The area for hunting now actually looks like a forest, with trees, bushes, and undergrowth. 2. There are now four types of hunting: fox hunting, Incora hunting, deer hunting, and horned-sheep hunting. 3. Dragon's hunt differently to other races. 4. Some new NPC's have been introduced. 5. You now sell your meat directly to NPC's 6. Spears now only use one hunting method, where as bows, newly introduced, use two. 7. You make your own bows, from scratch and can customise them. 8. You can look at, and social at, everything. literally, even the path. try it. There are many more features that this new hunting activity includes, something which the testing HTPL team were more than thrilled about. To give you an idea, here's the opinion of one of the HTPL's The coolest thing to me about this new activity is the maze. I like mapping things out like that, and it adds something we've never seen in cr before as far as I can think of. it's like you have to find your way around the forest and actually strategise your hunt a little. Feedback always appreciated. Enjoy, and keep raging!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-05-20 08:56:53

Can anybody sent me the link for the Mush Pac? The Download link on the Cosmic Rage Site isn't working.

2019-05-20 11:25:00

Hello, @blind-gamer,
Once you create a character, in fact, during the character creation process, up to date links will be displayed to you regarding soundpack information.
HTH

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-05-21 01:44:07

hi
i have a problem from the start
when i download, first, let all know i downloaded last vergion for mud client
msh
2 - i couldn't deal with it, and i can't enter the world ip, the proxy provents me from doings it
i mean the first fields i can take them from the home page but what about second field
thanks  for help

You can find me on Mastodon, @[email protected], you can E-Mail and Skype me, [email protected], Discord me: muhammad_hussam. Telegram me: mhr_musician. Steam me: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/765 … 8855/home/

2019-05-24 00:23:25

hey, can someone tell me how to get vip mud to connect to this game. i want to start playing it and i'm haviung issues with vip to connect to it. any help is aapreciated.

2019-05-24 00:38:09

the connection info is cosmicrage.earth port 7777 the first field is gonna be your name to tell which mudd is which.
after that is a list of mudds you can skip that. after that is the name of the game.
next is gonna be the mudd info and the ports for the next field. you can skip the last fields. I'm not sure what they do.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-05-24 00:59:22

thanks. Do you also know where I would put the sound pack?

2019-05-24 01:02:49

their should be instructions for the sound pack after you download it. if you want to get updates for the sound pack message the creator in the game so he can add you to the dropbox folder. theirs also a sound pack updater that can be found on nates sight.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-05-24 06:20:28

Has anyone had any success with Shipwrecking? Any tips for exploring them?

2019-05-24 12:41:13

hi
i have seen your topic about this matter but forgot to reply.
first, we have an  exits command command
1, gather ratica,
2, enter the hsipwreck
3, drop the ratica and type quickly exits
find your way around the coordinated and move
i have calkilated this, you at least need 300 ratica to do that in 1 minutes
else your fast, you dont need at all
regards