2019-03-07 01:48:04

Hi all,

Does anyone know of another freeware cheating program similar to Cheat Omatic? Omatic doesn't work properly under Windows 8 and 10, so I'm looking for an alternative that duplicates its features. I found Cheat Engine, but that one isn't very accessible and it's very complicated. All I want to do is modify variables.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-07 02:27:22

Chris, if you want help with cheat engine, feel free to email or Skype or something. It’s actually really easy once you know what’s what. Part of the problem I noticed with CE wasn’t so much inaccessibility, more laziness when it came to labeling things.

2019-03-07 06:12:08

I can explane you cheat engine to you two; ask me if you want somethin out of it

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-03-07 06:27:29

hi
I know working with cheat engine, its aksessable, contact me if you need anything about it

2019-03-11 14:32:41

Last time I looked at Cheat Engine, it did not play well with screen readers.  Nothing is really labeled well.  I found it difficult to figure out exactly what I was looking at.

2019-03-11 17:00:57

I'm not really enthused about Cheat Engine. Is there anything else out there?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-11 17:12:48

I mean, I don't know of anything else, but cheat engine is seriously easy, it took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to change variables, and that was  back wen I was a bad learner.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-11 18:18:58

Same, it works. If you know what your doing, well.I will note here that a few audio games have code in place to prevent it from working from what I can see, but it did work with what I tried.I say give it another try

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-03-11 20:47:04

cheat omatic works where cheat engine doesn't, but cheat omatic can't speed hack as far as  i know, soo use them as a duo if you can.

2019-03-12 05:02:28

If anyone could PM me the usage instructions of Cheat engine that would be great. I have stop using Skype for a while now, so yeah.

2019-03-12 20:51:29

i'm wondering the same thing. I have found cheet engeon really hard to get used to. I just find cheet omatic easier to use, but of course it doesn't work on windows 10.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-03-13 17:14:11

here was the message that i sent to sochiyat
hello
here are the instructions
when you open cheat engine it says unknown.
what you have to do is press alt key to open the file menu, and then go to open process.
then from there, open the game that you want to hack with your aerrow keys.
after opening, press tab untill you reach on an option called combobox ecsact value, there set it to all.
then press shift tab for the edit box, and type the value.
then press shift tab untill you reach an option called first scan, then the edit box will be to the focous of your screen reader, there type the modified value.
example, like your health got down a bit
after typing the value, press shift tab and press on next scan button, there, press shift tab to go to the list where the value results are.
to change multiple values if they are there first select them all by the control a key, and then go again back to the list and change them by pressing control e key.
for single one, you can go to that value in the list which you want to change, then press control e on it.

2019-03-13 18:27:01 (edited by JLove 2019-03-13 18:32:01)

But again, how do you know what actual associated value you're looking at?  Let's say I have a game under process test.exe.  I open file menu, go to open process, then choose test.exe.  Fine.  But after that, I'm assuming that all you're going to see is a list of memory addresses in hexadecimal.  You're not going to actually see what the associated memory addresses point to, right?  In other words, how would I know that address 0x9FFF:000F, for example, points to my health value?  Or is it the other way around, you get health value of x that is unlabeled, so not sure how you'd know it was health, and no associated address?  And the memory address assignment for values is dynamic, meaning that each time the process test.exe is run, the address that stores the health value of x changes.  So if health isn't labeled as such, how do you track it down?  It's not like the address 0x9FFF:000F will always contain that value.  Next time it might be something totally different.

2019-03-13 20:53:30

That's the whole point of the scans. You have to know what, in your example, the health value is, scan for it, cause it to change, then scan for the new value in those locations found by the first scan.

2019-03-14 14:54:19

after telling the memory edrus, it says value:any number, so, you should know that how much is my health or coins or anything.

2019-03-16 05:12:06

I've tried cheated Manamon, and I fail.

2019-03-16 06:21:23

I succeded with this

2019-03-16 15:05:56

How did you do that? Could you please PM me?

2019-03-17 06:29:07

Just for the sake of it, I've decided to cheat Manamon. Got a bunch of gold and credits. Lol. Thanks to Carlitos

2019-03-17 07:18:45

Ah, cheat engine! nostalgic over here. I used to cheat on so many games that my game was actually trying to cheat. After you succeed, you loose all fun and interest in the game though, so I stopped cheating.

@13, CE sees the whole virtual address space of a process. You are right, we have no idea on which address points to the health and that address will change (well it depends on compilation options, but will most likely). However, what you can do is you can search that virtual address space. Say you first keep only addresses with value 80 because you have 80 health. Of course, a lot of addresses will just so happen to have value 80. Then you loose health to 70. You make a subsequent search saying off all addresses which value was 80, now give me all addresses where value is now 70. If you are badlucky, other addresses will also happen to have value of 70 and were 80 before, but it's unlikely and will be more and more unlikely as you make next scans until you narrow down the list of addresses to one address which must be the address pointing to health.

This is the basics, but there are more advanced techniques as games also have techniques not to be hacked. CE has a tutorial if I recall which gives you a starting point.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-17 16:18:20

Because I've beatten Manamon several times, that's why I've tried cheating it.

2019-03-17 21:33:32

It's totally fine to cheat as long as it's not an online game or with an online leaderboard. Plus, it gives you insight on how memory works. And CE allows more advanced things like code injection. Also note that you can modify memory on all processes, not just games. Beware though to stay in legal boundaries. It is legal to hack your own stuff. It's very useful to have that knowledge because you know what is possible when you make your own apps / games.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket