2019-03-16 22:11:49

Again, you ain't gonna tell me what to do with my life.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-03-16 22:13:34

then clearly your just proving how ignorant you are. Are you eventually going to make SBYW completely paid? Remember the time when you made sbp paid and killed it? Remember when you gave paid accounts on SBYW the right to tts and voice chat, while free ones couldn't? Come on mason, make it paid.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-03-16 22:14:46

Again, brandon. Shut, the fuck, up.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-03-16 22:15:45 (edited by haily_merry 2019-03-16 22:16:38)

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Some of you people take games way to seriously.
I guess this can partially go for mason as well, but for a very different reason, there's a difference between being depressed and making games to try to feel like you're worth something, mason / maybe me a bit as well, and just playing games because you've spent so long in you're little room with your all new all awesome laptop because you have no social life, most of the people in this topic.
Yeah, mason's done shit. No denying or getting around that. So have the rest of us. Just the fact you're likening a stupid game, to use mason's words, to a dictatership shows a lot about your level of maturity and expeerience in the real world. Yeah, let's land you in russia or where ever else has communism, see how long it takes you to start begging for sbyw back. Because, here's the thing, people who make annalagies like that are usually the ones better ignored, because they're level of real world expeerience is at sutch a low level they think a dictatership and a game are one in the same.
I also find it kind of funny ivanic is now a word in your dictionary because ivan also removed your admin on tk a long time ago for, wait for it, putting a text file full of tk admin commands on a team talk server. Yeah, sure normal players can't use them, but that's still kind of a dickish thing to do. And yeah, maybe a year ago i might have done the same, heck maybe 6 months ago i might have still done the same thing, but still, i can at least see now how much of an ass i used to be. And I dout i'm the only one either, some people are just given a computer and access to the internet long before they're mature enough to handle it, self included, i payed the price for it a year ago, brandon's paying the price for that now.
On a personal level, even though i've only really spoken to him over the net and never via voice, i do like mason as a person. My interactions with him have only ever been possative. I think it's stuff like this that can really bring out the worst in people.
Anyways, if even a little bit of this post made sence, let me know. I can't even remember what the fuck this shit was supposed to be about, i've gone way off tanjant.
Edit.
Ok, while i was writing this post, 13 more posts came up. Just.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-16 22:15:53

Uh huh, just wait till you piss others off. You have a right to tell me what I can or can't do? I don't think so, Mason, I don't think so. I have no right to tell you what to do? Fine. You have no right to say that I have no right. We'll be going in a circle, so stop. Like I said, take my advice from post 50 and leave. Nobody in this community really needs you: Nobody, Mason, nobody. Even if you did take SBYW down people will be prepared for it this time.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:18:38

@cmerry thumbs up.

2019-03-16 22:18:58

@charlie, ivan is just stupid for that then. And I agree with 55. And mason. I love how you just said you'd ban jimmy for supporting me. You know that more people agree with me then you. You know why? Let me tell you why mason. I didn't threaten to kill my games, hell I didn't kill any of my games and come back with promises. Empty ones, at that. Ah, but you have...

-

2019-03-16 22:19:31

Well guess what, 55? Noone needs you either. And I don't need this damn community either. But I *will* not just sit by while all you fuckers talk about me and not say a word. So get ready.

2019-03-16 22:19:53

Again, brandon, shut the fuck up.

2019-03-16 22:22:22

@54, I agree with you, for the most part. What I disagree with you on is Mason, he did waaaay more shit then anybody else. He took stuff down, he brought it up again and again, and he took it down again. I don't think so. We don't need that kind of developers.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:23:46

Guys! For the love of all that's great in gaming, let's just all sit back, take a deep breath, and self reflect before world war III happens. I mean, come on. The first thing I want to do when drama starts is to either A, stay away from the situation until people cool off, or B, talk out our differences with the people I am having the most clashes with. And do it, off, public, forums. And none of these solutions are really being pushed. This drama is going back and forth like a pendulum, first SBYW is down, then it's up again with a stricter policy on drama, now nobody's satisfied with how things are being handled... more people get into fights and bad things happen... Ugh. The impression I'm getting is that people just do what they want when they want, without thinking how their words and actions will affect the other person or the community. mason has even admitted he does things for a bit of fun which were contraversial. I believe that there is an impulse control problem and anyone that interferes with what the admins want or what Mason wants is silenced in some way, perhaps out of a desire to end the argument? I dunno.

Quite frankly, anyone who spams a game publicly, and dives head-first into drama and doesn't even attempt to do something constructive to ease it, I would not want them to be anywhere near admin powers. Admins are supposed to be responsible people who are concerned about the integrity and well-being of the thing they are administrating. Spam fun or qualms should imo be completely seperate, and if you don't have the maturity and or the impulse control to regulate yourself in that way, you shouldn't be an admin or moderator.

Seriously Mason, just take a chill pill and leave this go. I am even convinced you can't do it, and I am very, very hard to convince. You have talents, dont' freeking waste them like this. Do whatever you have to do, whether it's leave this community, or whatever it is. I would love to see you further your coding and game creation skills, but you are right now acting in a purely childish way, that is as utterly far from impressing me as you could get. Perhaps you couldn't care less that I am saying this, but you could be doing so much better with your life than dealing with drama of this proportion, which I believe you helped create. Coming on here and fueling the drama is the last thing you want to do but you seem to be wildly throwing all rationale out the window now. Get that impulse control in check, man. It isn't doing anyone any favors.

To everyone: Focus on the important stuff, the stuff that you are passionate about that is healthy in life. Please, for all of us, but especially for yourself, do it. Keep trying. Don't give up, because when you give up, and just let your impulses dictate what you do, and lose your maturity and your head, you spiral down in the way this thread has in the past few hours. I genuinely hope these words reach someone and do some good, but I do have my doubts.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up +5

2019-03-16 22:23:46

oh may may. I don't need to shut the fuck up. Oh wait, if you tell me to shut the fuck up, I can tell you, mason, stop killing your games and acting like something hot? Mason, get it off your ass and be someone. Kill it. Kill it because we all know that you were seven seconds from losing your shit. Hey mason, ?Don't forget that your page is still a thing. I can see all chats posted there. And mason it's been like 5 minutes since you said seven seconds. And I can ride it all day mason. I can keep going. I don't need to shut the fuck up, just like you don't need to keep killing your games and coming back years later with empty promises.

-

2019-03-16 22:25:21 (edited by jack 2019-03-16 22:36:20)

In a previous unproductive calm the hell down post that I wrote before i even saw post 49 through 62, I asked people to do just that. But that, as I said, adds nothing useful to the situation. So I"m going to say @musicalman did the talking for me, very well said.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:25:35

@61 If this is true, then it applies to devs too. Because little mason and ns, when they were friends, came on as rape, and the man, and started using mass chat to spamme. But they didn't give two or 6 fucks did they? Oh no.

-

2019-03-16 22:25:56

So Mason, if you don't need this community, why not walk away? Clearly we're not worth it, clearly we're not worth your attention, so why? Why not just say Fuck yall and leave? I'll tell you why: Because you do need us. You need somebody's approval, you need to feel important, and you know that a good shot at being important is developing a game and releasing it here. Well, sooner or later people will stop playing your games based on your lovely attitude.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-16 22:27:26

Again alwayys referring to past things that are happening. Oh my god grow up.

2019-03-16 22:27:26

post 63 I just realized is hugely dated. At the time I had read up to post 48 and that was it, and in the time I took to read 14 more posts sprung up. I'll go read and reply. If post 63 turns irrelevant I'll gladly take it back.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:27:55

@65, the people who actually support me, will continue on. Those who don't, fuck'em.

2019-03-16 22:28:52

Mason. Don't forget that you let a ban breaking player get away with it. You and your bud ns too. Even though I warned you all. I just don't know anymore.

-

2019-03-16 22:29:18

He's also probably made more impact than a lot of developers, reading between the lines of all the remakes and things like that he's done over the years he's done some pretty dam cool stuff as well. He pretty much invented audio online shooters, up was sort of like the baby redspot if you ask me, and tk took that even ferver but in a different way. And for the record, i was around at least partially during the mtg studios days, i had a friend i knew from school who pretty much idallized mason. I also played up for a while before the source code leak and all the drama. So it's not like i'm just talking out of my ass, because i've done more than just read forum topics.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:31:05

@Musicalman, thumbs up, that was very well said, and was about the only rationality left in this topic.

@everyone else, I've reported this topic, which is not something I've done lightly. In my almost 11 years on this forum, I have never once reported a topic. That should tell you how incredibly fed up I am of seeing all this stupid drama springing up all over the place.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

Thumbs up

2019-03-16 22:31:44

Is that why ns was your friend? Because he took you on your tt server in the friendjar channel and soothed you and supported you? Is this why? Is that why your so mad that dragbot took him away from you may may? Life, is not fair bud. Learn that.

-

2019-03-16 22:32:20

Jesus brandon, you are something else. Lol

2019-03-16 22:34:47

hey mason, tell kite, I mean ns, that he should be more responsible for his actions. He's blind to your actions obviously.

-

2019-03-16 22:35:04

Hey brandon, I ain't your mouthpiece.