2019-03-15 04:31:45

Welcome! Welcome to this, ur, rather abrupt broadcast. I'm Amerikranian, and I will be your host for this fine evening. So, first on the news, Mason, yes, the one who swore to not develop for the blind community has issued the following statement on Scrolling battles, your world.
message of the day: So, as many of you know, the game will not be discontinued. However, bans and mutes will be given out a lot more liberally. SBYW was built to be a drama-free, calm zone for players to just get away and escape for a bit, not to be harassed or bothered by others. If we see that there is drama going on in chat or between players, we will not be afraid to take immediate action regarding it. Thanks and happy scrolling!

I am, honestly, shocked! I'm shocked at him throwing a fit and then promptly changing his mind. I'm surprised that he went back on his word, once again. And now, my dear listeners, I'll let you write in your own thoughts. Is that typical? What do you expect going forward? This is Amerikranian, signing off.

Thumbs up +2

2019-03-15 05:18:31

I was surprised as well. To be honest I don't know what will happen. They are being really strict though. They are putting the ban hammer on those who start drama. Who nose what will happen. If he does keep developing that will be good. all I'm saying is this. Lets not get our hopes up.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 05:25:12

Fact: during his lifetime, Mason will produce enough saliva to fill a swimming pool, assuming he's not one of a 150 people who die from falling coconuts on a yearly basis, or one of the 100 people who choke on ballpoint pens, or manages to pass gasfor the better part of 7 years, which will allow him to harvest enough energy to produce an atomic bomb, which, methinks, would be more productive than all this dribble, assuming he doesn't blow himself up with it...
BTW, no offense meant, but this song is worse than any of the most annoying songs I've linked to elsewhere on this forum!  Why on earth is it on repeat if it's not important?

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-15 06:29:22

dark doesnt give a shit!

2019-03-15 07:21:19

yes! SBYW is back!

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 07:39:31

just, rooooooofl!
as I sed, this discontinu thing will continu and we'll see 5th discontinu of sbyw!

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 09:05:37

childish admins. They don't know when they must use commands. One day i was sbyw, and one admin disabled my chat feature reason, i don't know. I deleted my account for that. So idk but i'm not gonna back in this game before admins will not be more serious.

Yours kindly

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 09:06:50

btw sorry for double posting i'm not meaning all admins i mean some of them.

Yours kindly

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 09:41:43

Wel, I wil not play any of Mason's games anymore, this is just so stupid that its funny as wel.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-03-15 12:29:24

infact, i, am, not surprised,  he will do such things again and again

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-15 13:08:40

god. just... asebfdkjhfkljashdfklhj!
I can't anymore with Mason, He says, we're banning anyone who starts drama.
Dragbot and sediment are still admins! Just a couple days ago, sediment spammed. He copied someone's message and pasted it about 7 times. Now normally you could just hit control to skip them all, except sbbyw has a spam timer. You can't send two chats within 4 seconds of each other. So he sends 7 of the same message, 4 seconds apart, witch equals 28 seconds of spam.
Now I went: D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:d. Once or twice, and tunmi asked sediment to stop spamming and sediment threw a fit as he does.
And then dear wittle dwagbot comes online and starts shit, has a 4 hour yelling match with all of us, everyone who was online disagreed with him and sediment, but he would! not! stop!
Al came online, and didn't even do anything!
So I think, once again, that Mason has lied.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 13:10:58

well i said admins are spammers, and i think they don't have any experience (i'm not talking about sediment) but he is so spamming.

Yours kindly

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 13:53:46

meh

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 15:00:30

Mason's whole life is a lie itself, so i'm even not bothering to believe what he claims.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 17:28:03

Just out of curiosity, how old is Mason?  I've been meaning to ask for a while now.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 17:29:28

Well guess what? One of the admins was seemingly too bored yesterday, so he started kicking everyone on the server, me and him included, though I wasn't participating in chats as a whole and I rarely do. I know he wasn't kicking people because they did something wrong, but kicking just for the fun of it doesn't give any bit of sense to me. One other thing you might consider before playing SBYW is that some admins, including Al himself, often spam the server with random sounds, including players login and logout audio, hard lands, metallic noises or any game sound no matter what it is, which makes players lose focus of the map they were playing. Well, chats and player events can all be muted, you know, but what these people are doing cannot, and correct me if I'm wrong. May be justify these childish actions by making a buffer called "admin spam"? Just kidding, but you're showing us where you're coming from, Mason. Either respect your players or, for the worst scenario, make a private server for your dear admins to let them exert their beloved powers which they like to show us all day.
Just my humble thoughts, no offense meant for anyone.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 17:30:08

JLove wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how old is Mason?  I've been meaning to ask for a while now.

He's born in 1999 so he's 20, but some things never change, you know.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 18:05:41

He should remove his entire admin team, then put me in as head admin and let me pick a team, lol, it would be a very different game. Players would learn not to start shit very quickly, because I would ban obvious ass holes unapologetically, but the other admins would learn not to do dumb shit with their abilities, because I'd remove them just as quickly. You'd still be able to have fun, the goal isn't to turn it into Rura Pente or something, but to stomp down on the bullshit that goes on, that half the players don't want anyway.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-15 18:07:49

I really would be happy with Ironcross as head admin, cause he would actually do shit.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 19:26:20

I realize that 20 years old isn't that much, but come on.  The behavior described in this and other threads on this forum strikes me as that of someone around the age of 12, although even at 12 I wasn't doing crap like this, and would have considered such crap juvenile as hell.

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 19:30:10

One thing about games like this and I don't understand why its not been done, there should be an admin client that lets you interact with the game without being on the game so you can admin while you're doing other shit. It would let you chat, and access any chat commands you'd get as admin, access PMs and the like without your character being tied to a map, or make an admin map. What it would not do is let you walk around, it wouldn't convey any actual game sounds, so no hooks, walking, etc. For all intents and purposes, you'd be on there purely as an admin. You'd still hear chat and PM sounds, but not see map events like someone has died 20 times. There could also be menus for certain things you'd want to do to make things a little easier, since you don't have to worry about walking around or anything, you can map shortcut keys to jump to various areas. Then if you have to be on the game for whatever reason, it should come with a launcher that takes you into it after it disconnects your admin client.

Doing this would mean more admins could be on more of the time, because they wouldn't have to just be on the game, they could be doing school work while on the admin client, stepping in if needed, but otherwise, just sort of monitoring. They could be reading or whatever, or listening to music without the annoyance of the actual game play sounds.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-15 19:41:12

@21, this is actually a good idea. Do you mind if I use this in future games that I may or may not make? Of course you don't considering you just said that Mason should use it!

----------

Thumbs up

2019-03-15 20:05:43

why would I lol

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-16 05:54:48

@21
I always just muted the audio and put my self like 10000 tiles away from the main map so no one would get confused.

But yeah, , selfish, power hungry people like that as admins? that's a recipe for disaster. Sediment in particular is well known at this point for having no chill when he doesn't get what he wants, little concern for the experience of the average player, and seeing the userbase as the enemy while pestering the dev for more privileges that he usually ends up squandering or misusing anyway. ( so I've no idea why these types were allowed to help administrate a game... when I wouldn't even trust people like that not  to fuck up a minor supervisor position at a call center. Maybe they are just really good at bullshitting a good image? It wouldn't be the first time I've seen some of these names in positions of authority either, but you'd think devs would have learned to steer clear of them by now. They are basically the admin equivalent of those people who beg to be on a beta team for a new game, but contribute almost nothing because all they actually wanted was to try it before the general public and brag about their access.
Usually they don't start out so bad, but as soon as they get board and the dev stops monitoring them as much they show their true colors. When your just playing alongside them as a fellow player, they usually aren't so bad, but even then they tend to be the types to spam kill newbies and hord a bunch of shit while everyone else is offline, then run like cowards when faced by a superior opponent rather than risk losing their protection. It's not that hard to spot them if your actually attempting to choose your admin team carefully instead of just filling slots with warm bodies, but clearly that's what Mason was doing here.

Not communicating with your admin team  or constantly being unavailable when they can't handle the situation on their own, not checking in on them now and then as another character to see if they're actually doing their jobs, and ignoring player concerns outright instead of doing your own investigation into the problem are some of the most common issues I see devs make. Even when they do everything right, but they leave the project stagnant for months on end, it's very demotivating to the admins, and you'll see a big drop in how often admins are online, how willing they are to fix more complex issues, and how they deal with common questions/conflicts. They burn out just like players do, and that's why you can't really just hand over your game to a team of admins and check out of the picture. Because if you don't have the passion, then that trickles down to everyone else as well.

So basically, don't make an online game if you don't fully believe your ready for it, and if you think your getting burned out, either convert it to offline, hand it over to someone who you think will still add to it in some way and is capable of fixing most problems that may arise, or shut it down, otherwise it's going to die a slow, painful death and you'll just be fucking over your admins and players in the process.

Thumbs up +3

2019-03-16 11:39:17

And the game is down again, just checked, server unreachable, apparently this big fight happened and now its down and stuff, so lol just... just lol.

End racism
End division
Become united