2019-03-15 16:38:13

So I want to make a script that will randomly generate rawdata for a map, like in sbyw, but in 3d, and with specific parameters.
I don't know what to start with.
I want the script to generate 6 coordinates, the minimum x, y, and z between 0 and 500, but the z has to start at 0 and the maximum can only be 50.
It will place the word tile before printing all values in a row, so, tile minx maxx miny maxy 0 maxz tree.
Then, I want it to place a zone of tree, on the exact same tile as the tree.
I want it to generate like 250 to 300, possibly more, that it will print into a text file.
This is awfully complex, any help?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-15 16:38:51

I worded part of that rong, for the maximum z, it can be anything between 5 and 50.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-15 16:46:57

So I have no idea how SBYW does it, as I've never played and may never will.
However, that being said, my advice would be to use numbers to represent things, such as 1=tree, 2=farm ETC.

good reason to use python right there, you can just use pickle.dump(file, map)
And you won't have to worry about a lot of the back and forth.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!