2019-03-14 13:58:47

Hi.
I was actually really curious to see how the android wear functioned with talkback, but Iā€™m having a hard time finding demonstrations anywhere. Was this feature just talked about, or does it actually exist? If it does, can somebody send me resources to find out how it works?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2019-03-15 08:44:08

You can try it to sirtch on the internet

2019-03-15 09:16:19

The only demonstration I know of is on inclusiveandroid.com.
As for whether or not they're good, that really comes down to personal preference. I personally wasn't a huge fan. To me the entire experience just feels like a really bland afterthought. Half the apps look like they were written by a 2 year old and seem to function about the same. I bought a super cheap one a year ago just to play with it then stuffed it in a drawer and kind of forgot about it. Accessibility is there, but depending on which watch you get, the time you get it, the version of Android it's on, whether the planets have aligned, whether your dogs name starts with M, you'll potentially need help to set up the watch the first time. Generally what seems to happened is that the TTS data gets installed when the watch connects to the internet. Hold 2 fingers on the screen for about 3 seconds to turn on Talkback. If you're lucky, it'll start right away and you'll be good. If not, then you'll have to get someone to connect it to the internet at which point you should be able to proceed. I don't really believe we have an Android equivalent to the Apple Watch, most tech sites all seem to agree on that point. Lastly, make sure the watch you're looking to buy has a speaker! Most Droid watches don't. I think most if not all the Ticwatch's do, LG sport, Asus Zenwatch 2, I'm sure I'm missing some.