2019-03-10 14:41:08 (edited by omer 2019-03-10 14:41:59)

ivan_soto wrote:

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to tell everyone that I'm gonna step away from SBP's development. Nothing against anyone, but the game is just extreemly buggy and the code is a god damned mess.

you couldnt done better then that one yeah?
well eather way i dont care anything you have done, or planning to do after this moment,  have a good day, or what ever

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 15:56:59

Hi guys.
The syntax for doors is basically the same as sbyw / btb, so if you're familuar with either of those games you shouldn't have any problem mastering this.
door x y dest_x dest_y speed loop moving_sound(The sound that loops when the player is being moved by the door) open_sound close_sound
At least, i hope i'm getting this right.

2019-03-10 15:58:28

Thanks for a cool timewaster. If you are going to stop with the development, you might as well regurn the game into a state where it was before you made it "buggy".

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-10 17:31:17 (edited by cmerry 2019-03-10 17:34:01)

v 2.0.2 is out, fixing all that lag with items as well as adding server side control for twitter access. I also updated the server to 1.61 fixing a hole bunch of bugs. Replace your SBPServer.exe file manually, i changed where the auto updater looks for stuff.
https://charliemerry.com/sbp/sbp.zip

2019-03-10 18:21:36 (edited by omer 2019-03-10 18:23:24)

i'M sorry but you really need to fix somethings with this game
put a wall in frunt of you get back from the way, launch time bombs, get the other side, and watch how the time bombs react like lasers, hahaha, good way to avoid them i suppose, reality is good
dont get me rong though, i'M just reporting a bug

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 18:39:23

Yeah. I've known about that bug for a while now but it's always just kind of slipped to the back of my mind. Will fix for next version.

2019-03-10 20:34:01

thanks for the update!
I have tried putting doors in, I don't get syntax errors when running the map but the doors don't show up. I used the basic format from sbyw, door 2 0 20 20 0 .ogg .ogg .ogg .ogg 2 with the 2 being auto activate or not, and I've tried without the 2 with it as a 1, and a few other things. I don't think the code for doors is all the way there to activate or show them on the map.
with the 2 or a 1 at the end there is no syntax error so I assume that is the correct way to write it, just no actual change in the map occurs.

don't look back, cause you'll loose the road ahead.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 22:11:42

Just to clarify, have you tryed actually pressing enter on the spot you put the door? It should at least be doing something. that's wierd. also, is this online or offline mode?

2019-03-10 22:12:32

Oh, and auto activate isn't a thing here so that won't work. Maybe that's what's breaking it.

2019-03-10 22:23:12

without the number at the end, there is a syntax error. I am trying this offline but I assumed the code was the same no matter what. I have changed the syntax but the only way it works is with the 4 .ogg's and with a number at the end, and then nothing happens, nothing for the viewer, nothing when pressing enter or anything else. I suggest you try it yourself to see what I mean. door 2 0 20 20 1 .ogg .ogg .ogg .ogg 2, 2 being no auto activate. then change it to 1, neither works reguardless so I don't know. Have not tried travel points for the simple fact that there is limited resources currently for tile types, very little documentation on them as well as sound sources so the more maps you link the more dull they would seem in my oppinion, though I do like the unused branch tile that was in the original sounds.dat
Could you maybe make a file for existing ambiences tile types door sounds etc to reference? this would be usefull when designing the main map.

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 22:46:51

well that's wierd as fuck. i'm telling you right now there's no auto activate code. In other news, i've tested /rawdata and it works perfectly. so have fun editing maps from within game.

2019-03-10 22:50:50

sweet. there may not be auto ac tivate code but it doesn't like anything without the number at the end unless it stands for something else. and as far as I've sceen it needs all of the factors to not get a syntax error message on startup.
In game map editing is nice though thanks for that!

Thumbs up

2019-03-10 23:50:10 (edited by Chris 2019-03-11 03:34:38)

Here are a few more ideas.

Add some vines/ropes that swing around. It would be fun to make trees and then have to swing on the vines to get up or maybe jump from vine to vine. Imagine swinging on a vine trying to shoot up or down at someone or something. That would be very challenging.

When you're on a platform like a branch or bridge, the player should have the chance to fall if attacked. I think the probability should go up when using the fists or grenades, because physically those are more effective and would knock you around. Let's say the probability happens when your y-axis is greater than 0.

I still think helicopters and tanks would really make this game awesome! I'm thinking about flying around in the air, picking off players who were on branches or in copters of their own. Let's take the battle to the sky! Tanks would also be great for those who wanted to duke it out on the ground.

I don't know how sophisticated the AI is, but it would be fun to add them to the online mode. Not only are you dealing with other human players, but the AI as well. If possible, you should give them most of the abilities the player has so they could pursue you up into trees, or take to the skies if you ever add helicopters. Of course, maybe the AI option should be able to be toggled, so if people wanted a pure PK experience, that would remain an option.

How about adding random wildlife that's bad to shoot? If you do, you lose points. I'm sorry, I just love all these ideas that could make this game so much better.

edit

The /deleteme command appears to be broken. It disconnects you, but the player data isn't deleted. Also, fire doesn't appear to sync properly between clients. Fire will appear for one player but there will be nothing there for another. Strangely, the other players can hear when the player takes damage in the nonexistent fire. If mines, time bombs, movement, and
everything else can, fires should as well. Is this too difficult to fix?

edit

Charlie, is there a way to retrieve a lost password? I've got a friend who forgot her password. I have the player data,but it appears to be encrypted. Is there a way to retrieve or change the password?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.
You may access my NVDA Remote, Three-D Velocity, Sound RTS, and Road to Rage servers by using the address christopherw.me. Road to Rage uses the default 6789 port.

Thumbs up

2019-03-11 05:51:35

Hi.
What is the way of making map in the game.
should I Edit main.map file by notepad?

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

2019-03-11 06:18:35

the map file is done very similarly to that on sbyw, and uses the same syntax though has less going on for obvious reasons.
Open the map file in notepad or a text editer and look at the syntax, its mostly item, platform sound_source or whatever, then x start end y start end and or a sound or text for a zone.
Hope that helps.
Also I second the words of chris, many of those I think would be great and have said so in sessions were we have messed around.
Keep me updated on doors and weather or not they do work, and hopefully a syntax to copy from so I'm not guessing based on other systems.
Thanks again for the game so far!
Also I have resources for additional sounds and such, and can provide sound sources or voice acting if you need it in further developement of the game, I'm sure others would pitch in as well, feel free to ask if you get to that point!

Thumbs up

2019-03-12 07:34:47

Thanks Austen.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

Thumbs up

2019-03-12 14:56:32

Hi,
figured i'd post in here real quick to let yall know i won't really be around at all this week. I'd rather not get into why because it's kind of personall, but i'm taking a break from the internet and things. I'll still try to check this topic from time to time, but i won't really be back until friday at least.

2019-03-12 17:14:08

I'm confused. How can Mason and Cmerry be working on the same game?

My tactical battle scripts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzsmqv2pgqvu1 … h.zip?dl=1
Currently, one of my favorite games is Trimps.
So I'm the Trimper Trooper!

Thumbs up

2019-03-12 20:07:50

cmerry bought it from mason

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-03-14 14:59:29

Hi, could someone give me the src to this thing? Kind of want it, mainly to look at it and stuff like that. Charlie wouldn't give it when i asked him erlier.

Thumbs up

2019-03-14 18:21:20

When did it become normal that devs give you the source of their game?

Thumbs up

2019-03-14 20:47:03

tgh1925tobiasheath24 wrote:

Hi, could someone give me the src to this thing? Kind of want it, mainly to look at it and stuff like that. Charlie wouldn't give it when i asked him erlier.

Oh, yeah, no wonder. I'm sure anyone would just love to give you a source, for free, that they bought from someone else. tongue

My tactical battle scripts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzsmqv2pgqvu1 … h.zip?dl=1
Currently, one of my favorite games is Trimps.
So I'm the Trimper Trooper!

Thumbs up +2

2019-03-15 20:16:49

Alright guys, this update is almost ready meh thinks. Anything else you want done before release?

2019-03-15 20:22:41

cmerry wrote:

Alright guys, this update is almost ready meh thinks. Anything else you want done before release?

Rewrite the whole thing in Python. Lol. hahahahah. JK. that's what you should do before you release the next update.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-03-15 20:29:48

post 74 is right lol