2019-03-14 16:50:43

I'm joining a robotics club, and there either using javascript, java, or cpp, the teacher said she would get back to me on that.
I know a decent amount of javascript, but was wondering if you guys could point me towards where I can learn about how to apply javascript, java, or cpp to robots.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-14 17:21:17

I remember doing a robotics thing when I was in 7th grade. they let us use the lego robot kits and helped us program the functions that the robot would do. It also came with censers to attach to the robot. It was a pain to put together.
Do you know if your going to be using the lego mindstorms kit? When my friends and I were in the robotics club we used a program called jBrick. If you want to get the program I can get you in touch with the person.
Her email is [email protected]

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-03-14 19:13:26

Hello.
The most used programming languages in robotics are C++ and Python. Make your choice based on this.

2019-03-15 07:54:33

Depending on the architecture, components and the abstraction level you will program robots, I could give you a lot of different answers. It's really cool to program robots, I'm sure you'll love that, do you have more info on their projects? Like will you program a MCU, will you use lego and drag & drop programming like scratch, etc. What grade is this? Do you have to buy your own electronics?

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-15 09:14:34

You can use basically every language which can load and process the DLL files. I would use C# .NET myself.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-03-15 09:49:07

C# for robotics doesn't seem a good idea to me. What system where you thinking about, raspberry pi? But I guess if they can go for Java, they can equally go with C#. I'd personally go with C/C++, but it depends on a lot of things.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-15 12:33:27

c++

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-15 12:47:54

@Origine, they are using Java anyway, so why not use something better? CPP might be too hard for him as a beginner.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-03-15 13:11:40

This will be next year, and the person in charge of the club said they would get back to me on the language used, god I hope we're not using scratch.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)