2019-03-13 22:28:07

Hi there. So first of all, I'd like to apologize if the topic is posted in the wrong section, so feel free to move it if it's wrong.
I've made an editor which allows you to convert asciimath, which is a language used to write math formulas and arithmetic operations to mathML and display .the output in math ML which is the math that browsers understand and which is the math that sighted people can see, on the browser.
So for example, if you would write sqrt(3) and then convert the typed opeation, on the browser you would see the equivalent operation just in a format which sighted people can understand. so if your teacher wants to see the output to which he's used to this will be probably an handy tool.
The application actually interfaces to an API which converts the language to mathML, I just built the editor to make it easier.
This won't probably be useful to many, however if for example you are at school and you want to display the output of the math operations you've wrote to the teacher, who does not want to bother to learn the language you're using for math (which is my case), it will be useful.
Obviously this is a first version made as a weekend project, I just thought it would have been useful.
To learn more about asciimath you can head over here
Using the editor is quite trivial
When you press enter on the application, you will be in an untitled field, where you can write your math operations. Once done to have the graphical output, press f5. This will open your browser with the proper output if things went correctly.
If you're interested feel free to download it here
If you wish, you can send feedback/suggestions, it would help me a lot. Even because I will be using this thing at school, so you will probably give me an idea to improve it even more.
Thanks in advance.

Paul

2019-03-13 22:58:08

Moderation:
Thanks for posting this here on the forum. Sounds quite useful for studying etc. But, since this is not a game, unless people are thinking math is a kind of gaming, then I'll say the off-topic room is the best place for this topic. Therefore, I'm moving the topic to the off-topic room instead.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-13 23:44:05

This looks really cool. I would have loved something like this when I was in college.

The problem I am having, is Firefox puts up a warning about your site not being secure when I go to download.

2019-03-13 23:47:00

That probaly happens due to the certificate. Try using http instead.

Paul

2019-03-14 00:22:50

That worked.

Thanks.

2019-03-14 04:11:00

Hello.
Could this editor possibly, in the future, work with symbols of chemical notation?

2019-03-14 07:27:00

Hello.
I don't know. It depends. If I can find an API that helps me represent such things, it surely can.

Paul

2019-03-14 07:37:04

Chemical notation (i.e. chemistry) (if that is, indeed, what your talking about, which I suspect it is) should be fine as is, i.e. NaCl, Na(SO4)2, etc.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-03-15 06:24:41

Partially, but those are formulas that can be written using mathematics. I'm talking about arrows of equilibrium, chemical bonds (covalent and ionic) and electron dot structures.