2019-03-12 04:11:10

I remember when I was browsing voices of NVDA and I was cycling through all the espeak voices when suddenly it started to whisper in my ears, I immediately threw my headphones away in real shock and terror. I still shiver as I think about it, who would ever want a creepy voice like that? Does anyone use it?

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-12 04:22:54

I have quite a few favorites. For me, eloquence is my default synth when using my laptop. I don't know why, but it doesn't seem natural to have an actual human sounding voice reading me computer screen output. Eloquence is nice and simple, and does the job well. Now, if we are talking natural human voices, I gotta say, Saul from acapela takes the cake. Mica is another personal favorite, only because it's dialect and pronunciation are not too terribly dissimilar to the way the people I grew up around talk. Personally, I think there needs to be more accented voices. For instance, I think it would be particularly amusing if someone were to create a voice with the speech patterns of someone from Boston. Heck, it would be even more funny if someone would make a more African American synth than Saul. And at some point, someone should come up with a canadian english voice. All great ideas, but something I would use for reading certain stories that have certain themes which could be enhanced by accented synthesisers.
If we travel back a few years though, my favorite voices were the old keynote gold speech, which ran on all the humanware products up until they discontinued the apex. I also enjoyed DoubleTalk, I think it was called, which was the default for a few embossers we used to use.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-03-12 04:55:35

Where could I listen to samples of Acapella Group? I went on their website /voices and clicked on the repertoire, but there is no sample. Is it compatible with jaws or NVDA?

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-12 09:32:15 (edited by defender 2019-03-12 09:32:43)

For mac my favorite is Alison, for Windows using SAPI it's Ivona nicole, otherwise eloquence. And for Iphone it's Kate.

2019-03-12 09:40:26

hey! I use, e-speak.
no other voice can read nepali except it.
and also for proper english i like Alex voice in I-phone and tom in nvda.

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-03-12 10:14:09

@Dark, I don't mean the British English version of Eloquence, but the American English one. The British English variation sounds like having just come from a violent dentist.

2019-03-12 19:31:02

ATT charles, i like his laugh so much, and microsoft sam 2

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-12 19:31:51 (edited by Still_Standing 2019-03-12 19:37:17)

i forgot to include alix, the lord of mac and  acapella for sure, i'm using  heather  and lila for arabic, they sound very good, sometimes i like to  swich to vocaliser, i'm using eva and oliver, these are the most  txt speech i like

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-03-12 20:09:05

oussama? whats your tts which that you used in your recordings

2019-03-12 20:55:33

@Afrim, yes, that's part of the reason I'm really not an eloquence fan, since even back in the nineties orphius just had such a superior English accent.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-12 22:26:04

For screen readers, eSpeak and Eloquence are the only once. They can both speak very fast and eSpeak can speak Icelandic, which is my native language. However, for fun, I really like Microsoft Sam, Mike, Mary, especially Sam, Anna and all the other voices, L&H Truvoice, Mac Alex, Vocalizer voices (these are one of the most natural once), NeoSpeech (some incredibly good voices there, including Julie, one of the most natural text to speech voices today), Ivona, L&H Michael and Michelle, Softvoice, Orpheus and a few others.
Whoever was talking about Vocalizer Daniel not being good, have you tried making him say something rude or violant or using him for playing Psycho Strike? It is so funny!!!!

Best regards
T-m

2019-03-12 23:22:29 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-03-12 23:30:21)

@ 36 if you don't already know, I think it was ivona, had a voice for  Icelandic.

I like some of the vocalizer expressive voices, and the Siri voices, the new ones. I use the Siri American voices on my phone, and occasionally the South African, for whatever reason. One thing with the south African voices is they sound a little too British at times, even though this is the way some of them speak, I wish they would be a little more  diverse.

As for computer, I use whatever on both mac and windows, it changes, although I use alex on the mac for the most part.

I also think there should be more language dialects. For example in english accents hard to find, southern, African-American, Nigerian, and any other of the multitude of dialects. Espeak has quite a few.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-03-13 00:48:06

@28, I first discovered acapela when I bought voice dream reader for iPhone, and it asked me which voice I'd like for free from them. After previewing several extremely natural sounding voices there, I decided to go look acapela up online. I found their site and also found that they offer a free t15 day trial for their voices with NVDA. This goes for both 22k voices and enhanced. I think the license costs around 120 dollars or so.
Anyway, as far as listening to samples, they have a little player somewhere on their site where you can enter text, choose the voice you want it to be read in, then play it. To prevent misuse of the voices though, each sample is underscored by a bit of music. If you want me to find this for you, let me know.

-
That Guy. Serving those people since that time. To contact, use that info.

2019-03-13 10:35:16

@37, Yep, they made two Icelandic voices for the blind community here, but I like eSpeak better.

2019-03-13 11:38:11

jully, man i like the way how she sings, and eva 2,

sound is my vision

2019-03-13 11:59:42

is there any voice who sounds some how seductive?
I am seek of it.
smile

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan

2019-03-13 13:57:35

elequence and samantha.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-03-13 15:36:43

Mmmmm 41, you said seductive, Julie sounds something close to that, but Susan is better in my opinion and, noone, can beat Sallie in terms of calmness and reading in general.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-03-13 18:00:32

@43 where is Sallie ?
I mean where can i get it?

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan

2019-03-13 21:44:05

You could purchase it from Ivona, but now, I think they were bought by amazon to use the voices in their products.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-03-13 22:46:08

wich language is the voice in?

sound is my vision

2019-03-13 23:07:27

Hi.
@Nepali gamer and @oussamabengatrane
Salli is available as a US English voice from IVONA. All other IVONA voices, alongside Vocalizer Expressive voices, are available from Harpo Software at $45.00 a voice. A fully functional 30-day trial version is available as well. These are SAPI5 voices.

2019-03-14 12:12:10

my another favorite is ivona voice brian
because his speech seems to be a reporter.

2019-03-14 13:18:23

i like ava too, because of this, read it with ava
ah!
ahh!

2019-03-14 13:36:50

Another espeak fan, it's the only voice I can use at its max speed, and I like my voices fast.