2019-03-10 19:14:33

Hi all,

If one wants to learn Reaper, do you hav any tips on that?
And at last, since it doesn't coem with that many software instruments and I am working with MIDI, do you have any tips? In Samplitude I used Magix independence, but I want to have the ability to select between high quality different acoustic instruments as well as acoustic drum kits.
Many thanks for any help!

2019-03-10 19:31:54

Hi Chris,

For learning Reaper, I'd start with getting and installing Osara. It is the accessibility plug-in created by NV Access.

http://github.com/nvaccess/osara

As for actually learning it, I'm honestly not sure what are good resources.

Thanks for reading!
This, is the legendary, Spoon, signing out.

Follow me on Twitter! @SpoonLegendary

2019-03-10 19:34:47 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2019-03-10 19:35:56)

You're going to want to get the Reaper course from here. It's a great resource.

I would also highly recommend adding SWS to your reaper/osara mix, you can get it here.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-10 19:35:43

Oh, yes. I forgot about that extension, even though I use it extensively.

Thanks for reading!
This, is the legendary, Spoon, signing out.

Follow me on Twitter! @SpoonLegendary

2019-03-10 21:46:35

OSARA is no longer developed by NVAccess however, so you should get it from https://github.com/jcsteh/osara instead to be up to date.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-03-11 02:13:07

It is developed by James Teh.
The new website for Osara is:
http://osara.reaperaccessibility.com

2019-03-11 03:52:02 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-03-11 03:52:43)

might want to check out the very comprehensive wiki
This link will take you to the article called getting started. there is everything. From lots of audio material and tutorials (usually done by reaper users) to the conversions of the official inaccessible guides (by yours truly) and other articles plus enhancing extensions and so on, you'll be pretty much covered. Also, I recommend joining the groups (both the whatsapp audio chat one and the mailing list) as there are wonderful and very smart people there.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-03-12 05:23:26

I agree with Ultra Leet J here.

I am one of the accessibility Tutorialists, haha, I'm about to do one regarding the Komplete Kontrol and M32 with Reaper seeing as a lot of people are targeting this keyboard.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-03-13 19:53:29 (edited by st.mc 2019-03-13 19:54:39)

hi
I know there are a lot of guides here and there to get us started, but there are things that I can't find the solution for, and I hope someone could help.
the thing is that I want to do a similar action to what mix does in sound forge. When mixing with sound forge, I can set the volume of the destination file to turn down gradually in a few seconds before the source file starts playing, and turn up right after the source file finishes. how can I do this in reaper?

:)

2019-03-13 20:36:44

this is a cross fade and by default, it just does it for you, you just move the smaller item inside the larger one, and it will do just that.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-14 05:58:05 (edited by st.mc 2019-03-14 05:58:45)

@ironcross32
thanks for answering. When I move one  item inside an other, the crossfade feature fades the host file out completely, while I want it's volume to get a bit lower so the new item can be heard. Justlike turning the volume of music a bit down for the announcer to be heard while music Is being played in a radio station, and turning it back up when he's finished

:)

2019-03-14 14:34:00 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-03-14 14:36:41)

ah, this is quite a popular request,  see this
an audio tutorial is also included there.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…