2019-03-04 19:21:43

Hi eZKilla I agree that you should have to maintain your forts. Rocky has come up with a figure: 1% sounds great!

2019-03-04 19:35:38

Another idea that came to me to simplify code for missions is just to have them all be 200 crates but instead of having in the menu, retreat your mission, have finish the mission with how ever many crates you have found. I know you can do this now with retreat the mission but that only gives you xp and food for the crates found by you and not the team. lets say a group of 4 start a mission where the cap of crates are 200 but they can only find 150 and they want to end the mission but still split the pot evenly, the leader can select finish the mission with the current amount of crates. I am not sure if when you retreat the mission and you are soloing one if it gives you the same amount it would if you would have created the mission with that amount to begin with. this would or could help with the crate bug for now, lets say that team of 4 found 150 and the last 50 don't drop, instead of having to look again they can just choose to finish the mission with that amount. also sometimes i start a 100 and i realized i could have finished a 200 this would allow me to keep going or if i get lazy just finish the mission where i am at.

2019-03-04 21:43:51

Hi there,

1. It was not a good idea to limit in 350 food the passport to attack forts.

2. This does not encourage the players.
3. So I think that Aprone should do is go back to how it was before.

4. In addition, I suggest that it would be good to think of other ways to strengthen forts. This would be very good.

PS: Aprone, please read your e-mail. Thank you.

2019-03-06 06:09:18

Aprone, please read your e-mail. Thank you.

2019-03-06 08:59:04

fabiano wrote:

Aprone, please read your e-mail. Thank you.

No need for posting this twice. Please have some patience. Thank you.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-06 18:26:53

You're right SLJ. Thank you for enhancing my request. My prayer. My prays. Patience is required. Not every person has this gift. But it is necessary. Regards.

2019-03-06 22:38:51

fabiano wrote:

You're right SLJ. Thank you for enhancing my request. My prayer. My prays. Patience is required. Not every person has this gift. But it is necessary. Regards.

I'm sorry for not explaining the reason for my answer better, but I was in a hurry.
In case you don't know: Aprone have a full time job, a family, a house to take care of and Swamp and all other his projects in the small amount of sparetime he have left. So for this reason, he is not able to check his mail all the time.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2019-03-07 06:21:15 (edited by Chris 2019-03-07 06:22:50)

Aprone, here's an idea. Have you considered implementing the campaign system into the server? The current mode where you run around shooting zombies and doing crate missions with other players gets boring very very quickly. If you added the ability for players to upload and play custom campaigns, the game could be so much better. You could team up with players to complete campaigns.

They could be even more fun if you added computer controlled allies and raiders to challenge the human players. The flexibility of campaigns would mean you could implement quests or other objectives along the way besides mindlessly killing zombies.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-07 16:10:05

Multiplayer campaigns would pose some interesting questions regarding events. Do any of the player-triggered events work in a multiplayer campaign? If so, do they only effect the player who triggers them? How does the scripter (or the game, for that matter) distinguish local players from online players from allies? Does the jump command, for example, affect one player, not all, and do the other players have to sync with campaign-spawned changes? How would a scripter identify an online player, or access their vars? Does the total number of players matter? Can commands be made to affect everyone?
This would be nice, and also complicated to carry out for both Aprone and scripters.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-03-07 18:07:32 (edited by Chris 2019-03-07 18:07:53)

This is true. It was just a thought.

Speaking of multiplayer, is it now truly more multiplayer? I remember most of the time each player went around shooting their own copies of zombies. Has thisbeen improved so that players actually share the map and kill the same zombies instead of each player having local zombies on his/her local client?

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-03-08 12:23:49

yup it's true. it's much better now. you can actually help players who are being swarmed.

2019-03-08 18:42:06

I'm always happy to see this game in the first page. I can't wait to jump back in and play again. very cool that we all have the same zombies now. Hope all you guys are doing well.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-03-08 23:28:28

hello everyone.
I can not know that event is doing now.
Is there a way to know this in the game?

2019-03-10 16:09:20

Thanks aprone for keeping swamp going. I always come back to it at some point and it brings back a flood of good memories and friends are always there too.
Thanks again!
big_smile

2019-03-10 16:34:43

Hi Aprone.
I'm still having the previously mentioned issue, where most of the sounds are not playing.
The following sounds are playing, both in the offline and the online mode:
The music and the menu sounds and the sound when being hit. No zombie sounds, no death scream, but only the sound when being hit. All other sounds does not play at all.
I have, yet again, tried to unzip a totally fresh copy of Swamp which works on one of my friends computer.
The issue happened right after a Windows update. Could it be some visual Basic stuff which has been broken? If so, it would be great if you can send a link to something which I can try to reinstall. I have pretty bad experience by randomly installing some visual basic stuff which can end up braking other things which works.
I have run checkup.exe as an administrator, so I don't think that can cause the issue.
Accept for the Visual Basic stuff, I'm totally out of ideas. I'm not going to reinstall Windows just because of one game. smile

Best regards SLJ.

2019-03-10 19:29:28

Isn't there a setting that turns off zombie sounds?
Other things that come to mind:
- I've noticed that Swamp sometimes gets confused about map size, causing sounds that are played away from the player to be silent because they're treated as out-of-bounds. I doubt it's this one, but I should probably put out a Fyquest update because it happens a lot there.
- The zombies folder might have gotten some weird treatment due to the reinstall. I have no idea why that would happen, but it makes the most sense? Maybe go to the folder's properties to check, or something?
- Sound that is positioned or otherwise receives effects might be breaking. Menu and hit sounds are stationary, after all, and Idk if something different happens with the death sounds. Actually, do weapon sounds not play? I'd almost expect drawing weapons, at the very least, to still work. Regardless, in this case, it's probably something screwing with how the game handles stereo, which would mean it's something getting broken in the reinstall. Checkup.exe should have fixed it, though, unless the reinstall just really hates DirectX and stereo for some reason.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-03-11 10:20:14

I don't know about the zombie sounds. But all the weapon sounds, chat sounds and foot steps are gone as well.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-03-11 21:38:49

hey question for you all. I know some play using the touch pad. I never have. and wanted to know if There's any pointers in using it. I tried, and it feels like a no go for me. maybe there's some changes I need to do to make it  better. thanks.

"One Love"

2019-03-12 00:32:39

I heared there is a dropbox folder with swamp related stuff such as campaigns and keyconfigs. Could I be added to that folder? my e-mail is [email protected]
thanks in advance.

2019-03-12 09:02:29

I always played using a touch pad then I played the game. However, it depends very much on how your touch pad works. Some works great, and others are just bad.

Best regards SLJ.

2019-03-12 10:20:45

just buy a wireless mouse. they cost a few bucks these days

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-03-12 13:33:59

SLJ, I had a similar sound problem after a W10 update.  The fix, for me, was to set my sound device tback to stereo.
Hope that works for you too.

2019-03-12 17:33:19

thanks for getting back.  @SLJ Yeah, that's what I heard in the past. I just wanted to see if there was any Settings change That would make it better, but like you said it depends On the individual touchpad.
@SirBadger I have one. I just wanted to see how doable it was. smile

"One Love"

2019-03-12 23:25:04

Markp wrote:

SLJ, I had a similar sound problem after a W10 update.  The fix, for me, was to set my sound device tback to stereo.
Hope that works for you too.

Dude, you are amazing! That was exactly what triggered my issue. Thank you so much. Swamp works again... big_smile
Seriously, I never expected Microsoft to change settings just like that. Just, what the heck? I'm glad I don't use Windows as my main operating system anymore, just saying... I don't want someone randomly change my settings without any warnings at all. But wel, that's what you can expect from Microsoft when installing the updates...
Again, thanks so much man. You really saved my day, months etc. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2019-03-12 23:37:02

And slj is happy. Hahahaha.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.