2019-03-12 15:34:29

So I was wondering where some of your guys' nicknames came from. In the case of me, it's because I like foxes, not in a furry way, just I like the stereotype of foxes, cunning, intellegent.
In the case of someone like MahdiAbeti, I think that is his name.
So tell me where your name came from.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-12 15:55:28

In the case of this username/nickname, thought it just sounded slick at the time.
As for yours, does the red mean you also like the color?

2019-03-12 15:56:15

AlirezaNosrati is my full name, i wouldn't put it but since it has a cool meaning  that' why it's my name here,  also i choose the name DarkAlireza because i can't see in the light, big_smile

2019-03-12 16:32:56

My name, well, is my what I am. I'm the smartist, most intellagent idiot on the planet. And yet sometimes I do things, like thinking there is 1000 sents in an american dollar.I just came up with the name one day, and that's how it's been ever since. I don't really have a nick name, people just call me by my real name.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-03-12 16:36:20

@2, CAUSE A RED FOX IS A TYPE OF FOX.
@alreza, what does your name mean? It's iranian right? That's a language right? lmfao.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-12 16:54:00 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-03-12 16:56:08)

@ redfox I think the proper term may be Persian? I've seen it go by more than one name. I may be wrong.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-03-12 17:12:29

ah yes, persian.

----------

2019-03-12 17:13:25

Sovs means sauce in danish and dam i love that stuf.
So now i’m named sovs on most places.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-03-12 17:34:46

Mine's just a childhood nickname based on my surname.

2019-03-12 17:44:53

in 2005, just after graduating high school, I was at the mall eating my lunch. A group of people came outside the food court exit where I was sitting eating at the bench. A bunch of them lit up cigarettes, so I figured on being decent so they could smoke and eat, so I got off the bench and went and sat on the edge of a planter and ate. When I came back in, I went to the bathroom, then went into a game store. I picked up a bunch of PS2 games and was in line to pay. I went to get my wallet and it wasn't there. Oh fuck, panic. I put the games back and left the store and started retracing my steps everywhere I'd been since the food court, since I did pay for my food. I couldn't find it. I went up to the mall office to see if anyone had turned it in, and nope. I had to call my dad, because I didn't have any money now, not even to get the bus home. He came and we looked and never found it, so I got a new wallet. I still have it today. It's got a sort of cross on the front, its grey like metal and its shaped like a plus sign more than like a religious cross. At each of the 4 ends of the cross, the thing flares outward. The wallet also came with a metal chain, which I kept affixed to my belt at all times until it broke off. So cross on the wallet, iron looking cross, metal chain... ironcross, the 3, 2 is the month and day of my birthdate.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-12 18:50:39

In the cyberpunk-books "Otherland", one young gamer uses neural implants to connect to a virtual reality video game world as the great warrior Targor. Great books, by the way.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-03-12 18:52:15

My username is part of my pen name, Mars Bhuntamata. It's one of my rl nicknames also, but not my real one. My real one is Mars.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-03-12 18:55:52

ali in english, i think means eminent, and reza means satisfied.

2019-03-12 19:02:34

omer, (ömer) is my real name, nothing too fancy
you can also found me as soundmaster though
because well, i love, sounds maybe because i chosed that one in the first place

2019-03-12 19:04:08

When I was a little boy, my older brother created me a RuneScape account with the username Origine. I kept that username ever since, because it's short and sweet and it makes me think of my brother when I read it.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-12 19:20:21

my nickname, is my real name

2019-03-12 20:30:32

I loved the devil guardian in bk3, and my favorite thing is the sky, so i came up with skyGuardian

2019-03-12 20:44:13

at13
as alireza is arabic name, I dont think that it have english minning

2019-03-12 20:51:34

I believe we had one of these sorts of topics previously, but hay I am too lazy to go and search it out so I don't mind doing this again, especially since we now have new members, and its nice to know where people's names come from.

@ironcross, its good to get that story, I'm afraid when I saw your username the first thing I thought of was the Nazi  medle of the same name see Good old wikipedia, rather an unfortunate coincidence big_smile.

Actually in my case the term "dark" has nothing related to blindness. When I was a teenager I began writing a post appocalyptic story about a world where the government employed assassins to kill off anyone making technological upgrades to prevent the great war from ever restarting. The main character was a small, infinitely sarcastic  knife using assassin called Dark who starts of completely loyal to the government, then when he unknowingly kills the girl he's in love with he goes on a big jaded crusade against them. Yes, it was extremely melodramatic, but give me a break I was 16 big_smile.

When I got online shortly after, I had this idea that you should never use your rl name on the internet (remember this was the early two thousands), so I chose the name Dark, which also has an interesting relation to my rl name. Since in Rl my first name is Luke, which means light.

When "dark" is taken on a game or other system, I use dark empathy, or dark tenor, indeed those who were here before 2006 will remember that I originally registered as dark empathy, then got my name changed to just dark instead.

these days I actually answer to Dark just as readily as Luke, and  like the crew in the matrix, consider it to be pretty much my use name, indeed my lady first new me as "dark" since we ran into each other on a mailing list.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-12 21:28:48

@mahdi true the names are arabic, but a name wouldn't be a name if it didn't have a meaning, ali and reza are arabic names, but    alireza is a  combination of them both, and it's an iranian name. ask your arabic teacher the meaning of ali and reza i'm sure he'd tell you the same.

2019-03-12 21:36:37

yes but anyways, I tolled ali and reza, not boeth

2019-03-12 21:36:38

My name came from playing Slender: Lost Vision some time in 2015. Even though I've never quite beaten it, I still like the game, and when I first discovered it I felt it would be interesting to name myself after The Slenderman, which was indeed what I used initially, though I later shortened it to just Slender, and it's the name I've used in most places ever since, surprisingly it's rarely been taken big_smile.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-03-12 22:04:30

no I'm not a nazi, or wish to associate with any nazi party lol.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-12 23:23:01 (edited by Dark 2019-03-12 23:24:09)

ironcross32 wrote:

no I'm not a nazi, or wish to associate with any nazi party lol.

Hmm,, just the sort of thing a Nazi would! say, Rofl!

Seriously, no I didn't imagine you were a Nazi, I thought it was likely a mix up, since in fairness if one hasn't heard of the Nazi war meddle Ironcross does  have a nice ring to it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-12 23:28:37

I do remember a similar topic to this one, but I don't mind answering again.

My username comes from the fact that I'm a big Ninja Turtles fan, mostly the original series, as well as thinking that turtles are amazing animals in general. The 17 comes from the fact that 17 is my favorite number, but these days, in games and such I usually drop the 17 and just go by turtlepower. It used to be standard practice to have a number after the end of your username,, especially on IM clients like AIM, which is probably why I did that in the first place.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.