2019-03-11 15:15:19

my favorite tex to speech voice, is ava!
because the way she speaks is natural
and it's good to hear she's voice especially when she is reading a story
I also use it when I play audio games!

2019-03-11 16:17:49

just, max in nvda!

2019-03-11 16:40:26 (edited by Dark 2019-03-11 20:27:03)

Not sure who Ava is there Baby.

for a long time, there always seemed to be a bit of a dichotomy between voice quality and rate of response. So you could either have really synth  ones that responded quickly, or very human sounding ones that responded slowly. For a long while I always found Orpheus alan a nice compromise.

I'm afraid I never liked eloquence, mostly because their English accent sounded terrible and the quality always seemed a bit too synthetic to me, and generally it helps to have a voice in the same range as myself, IE a male speaking UK, as opposed to American English.

Then however, when vocaliser voices improved to the point that they could keep up with my typing and reading speed, I switched to Nuance daniel.

these days I use Daniel for Nvda. I used to also use a copy of daniel for sapii, but for some reason windows 10 is arguing with the 32 bit sapi voices a bit more these days and whenever I change them they default back to microsoft Hazel, who isn't too bad even if I prefer mail synths, though since switching to NvdA I've had to use Sapi far less than I used to.

On Ios, I used to use Daniel, but firstly I'd have liked a different voice to distinguish my phone, and secondly in the later generations, for some reason Daniel started to sound muffled and pretty grotty on Ios. I used the male Siri voice for a bit, but these days my Ios voice of choice is Oliver.

My victor stream comes with the acapella voices, Graham and rachel, and I can cope with graham (rachel always sounds like a robot to me since her tone is so depressed), though he's not my favourite voice.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-11 17:55:16

I think, ava is in ivona

2019-03-11 17:57:49

No, Ava is Localizer? It is one of the  voices on xac and iOS.
I can not stand eSpeak, it makes my ears die.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-11 19:42:43

Eva is a vocalizer voice, I can use it, it sounds natural, but I like Susan better, don't really know why though.
On my computer and phone, I use a romanian sinth from Vocalizer called Ioana, because I have to read alot in romanian and I can read english with it too.
But to be in this topic, I like the Ivona Sally, the one which is the default voice on fire devices, she sounds waaaaaaaaaaay more natural than alot of voices in my opinion.
Sadly, it seems that you can't really get Ivona to work great on newer phones and even if you can, it will slow down your phone, at least id did that to me when I got an Ivona romanian voice.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-03-11 19:59:19

I mainly switch between 2 voices for my computer, vocalizer tom and Ava. For my phone I usually use allex.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-03-11 20:24:26

I personally prefer English rather than American synths, which is why I tend to use Daniel and Oliver as opposed to Tom and Alex myself.

The one thing I do wish is that the windows 64 bit sapi voices like George would run in 32 bit Sapi applications, but sadly they don't, so whenever I play games that use Sapi output like the spoonbill or kitchinsinc ones I'm always stuck with microsoft hazel.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-11 20:51:29

is alex just for iphone? or its for android too? i'm not sure iphone or apple was for alex

2019-03-11 21:19:53

My favorit is ESpeak, variant max.

2019-03-11 21:27:50

who knows how to set max on espeak

2019-03-11 21:32:51

STSpeech all the way! No joking here, it's sad there's nothing like that or the software automatic mouth for C64 to use with NVDA, as those synths sound so nice. Most of the time I'm on Espeak, but other favourites are most of the older formant stuff: SoftVoice, Orpheus, older sounding DecTalk versions and various Eloquence versions, especially that older one with completely different from usual behaviour.

2019-03-11 22:26:50

@Dark, you can actually get those 64 bit voices to run in SAPI, though it does require a registry hack.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-03-11 22:28:37

Anyone want to guess my favorite voice? Hint: look at my username

2019-03-11 23:10:15

Personally, my favorite is Samantha. I'm so used to it...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-11 23:25:18

yw! e speack!
mine is eloquince, ava, and mak alix. but I never used it before

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-03-11 23:33:43

Hi.
@mahdi-abedi Alex, along with the other MacinTalk voices, are only available for Apple devices.
To chime in, favorite synthesizers include DECtalk, MacinTalk, SAM (Software Automatic Mouth), STSpeech, eSpeak, Eloquence, SoftVoice, and TruVoice.

2019-03-11 23:56:17

@Slender Yep I did try the 64 registry sapi hack file, it worked fine just after I did it, but I came back a few days later and it had completely reverted.
I don't know whether this was windows 10 updates or C cleaner's registry fix system, but either way it was mildly disappointing, and I don't really have the technical skills to want to start monkeying with the registry too much.

2019-03-11 23:59:03

Another nice formant one is Rsynth, but as far as I know, there's no current port for windows. There has been something far away in the past, but it's quite impossible to find. The only wide known thing based on that engine is Sayit, a simple program to generate those speech samples as wav files by Analogx, but there's no intonation/inflection in that version.

2019-03-12 00:09:16

Hy my favourite voice is croatian vocalizer lana since it have some bugs also when i need english i usually using malcolm or smanta but espeakis the winner when i need to do something fast also i like orpheus but for some reason sam nvda addon just don't want to work on my win 10

2019-03-12 02:11:07

I use vocalizer expressive voices.

French Canadian: Amelie
English: Ava

Man I love Amelie voice, it speaks really fast and really clearly. Also, I prefer Ava even though it's a UK voice, I don't know why but it sounds better than the US ones. Not that I'm a native US or UK citizen anyway, but I learned the US english at school, well, we could say the Canadian English to be precise.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

2019-03-12 02:24:20 (edited by afrim 2019-03-12 02:26:00)

My favourite voice remains Eloquence. It is still unmatched. Clear, responsive, precise, all the good qualities a synthesiser should have.
Besides Eloquence, I regularly use Daniel in my computer to read articles and small documents. It is also the default voice on my iPhone. Daniel is very precise as a British English voice in terms of pronunciation. Most of the other British voices, if not all, mispronounce numerous words and terms in this accent. For instance, some voices may pronounce Yorkshire like YorkShire or something like yorkshere.
One thing I particularly dislike about British voices is that all of them except Peter from Acapela and Bryan from Ivona sound very flat. A British broadcaster or news reader sounds much more lively, inviting and warm. I hear Daniel as a synthesiser but it is nowhere near close to being the Daniel I have heard in a TV program. I believe companies and people who program these voices should adapt them to the characteristics of the languages they represent with respect to speaking.
Since I am planning my studies in Germany for a semester, I have started learning German. German has a really good voice called Viktor. It is absolutely one of the best voices I have ever used. Sadly it isn't an English one.

2019-03-12 02:51:51

@Dark, That shouldn't normally happen, I'd think CCleaner probably did it, cumulative Windows updates shouldn't revert registry hacks. I once created a Dropbox folder with all the necessary REG files back in 2015 or 2016, I should really get around to updating it.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2019-03-12 03:13:02 (edited by Dark 2019-03-12 03:13:30)

Yep Slender it was weird, though in all honesty it was a while ago and C cleaner doesn't usually monkey with changes to the registry, just delete unused program keys and what not.

@Afrim, I have to agree about Daniel, it has probably the most similar tone and style of speech to my natural tone and rhythm of speech, which  is why I use it so much.

I wouldn't say daniel is the only voice I've heard this quality in though,  most of the better other English voices I've heard have been for Ios rather than PC.

I'm afraid I disagree with you about eloquence though, since I've always found the English accent sounded unnatural to me, then again I grew up with Orphius which was able to at least get the accent right even  in the days of synthetic dave big_smile.

Then again all of this is very much a matter of personal preference after all.

2019-03-12 03:17:57

Mine is eSpeak IVEN3. Don't know why many people hate it, but I just like it.

73 Wj3u