2019-03-07 16:25:17

Congrats!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-07 18:19:00 (edited by mahdi-abedi 2019-03-08 12:28:21)

at 23, my comment was number 20, not 19: i'm muddy? lol

2019-03-08 02:49:17

good luck, you poor bastards.

2019-03-08 09:38:10

Wow. Thanks all for your great comments.
@Dark: Thanks for your explanation regarding my title.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-10 23:24:33

Congratulations to all new mods! smile

Thanks for reading!
This, is the legendary, Spoon, signing out.

Follow me on Twitter! @SpoonLegendary

2019-03-11 06:54:06

why are all of those men? This power play is only getting worse and worse.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-03-11 10:28:13

ElizaBaez wrote:

Because no females chose to request to become a moderator as far as I know.
I'm not sure on what you mean by power play getting more worse.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-11 15:13:18

Woot woot! Congrats to you guys!

2019-03-11 15:19:18

ElizaBaez wrote:

I agree with SLJ. Moderators should be judged on merit not gender, but if there are no females that wish to step up, or the other mods deciding who are mods see more merit in a man than a woman (hopefuly unbiased, which I believe is the case, as it is the job of moderators to be unbiased) then people shouldn't play the sexist discrimination card. While there are times where that is true, other times people overblow things way too much.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-12 01:03:07

@ElizaBaez, are you suggesting perhaps that staff be appointed according to what gender they are rather than whether they were willing and able to do the job?

Wikctionary wrote:

sexism (countable and uncountable, plural sexisms)
1. The belief that people of one sex or gender are inherently superior to people of the other sex or gender.
The notion that either gender is superior is sexism.
2. Different treatment or discrimination based on a difference of sex or gender. ]

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-12 02:41:59

@ElizaBaez women are just as capable as men, there's no exclusion going on here. For the moment, I was just putting potential candidates to the list. It just so happened that all three were men. There's no power play here, I can assure you.

2019-03-13 04:45:49

ElizaBaez wrote:

lol you make me laugh with each post. keep it up

2019-03-15 11:23:16

Congratulations

2019-03-17 08:40:24

Nice selection. congrats to the new mods on I guess, getting the job.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-03-19 01:55:13 (edited by jack 2019-03-19 01:55:58)

Alright, y'all! Seeing as all 0 people have posted audio contributions to this news updatery, and seeing as I have lost track of my anyaudio password, again! lol, it is my civic duty to unleash upon this very thread, the Spam Banner 5000.
Spoiler alert: The annoying buzz you hear is actually the Dectalk Express being run through line-in. Weird audio-processing quirk. So, the buzzing you hear mentioned and turned into a story element is indeed real, and an accident that just so happened to work. With that, enjoy and don't get dizzy if you listen to the downward tilt-a-whirl roller-coaster of doom scene through headphones. Lol!

2019-03-20 01:26:49

@Jack Wow.
This is an absolutely brilliant way to end the day. This is a very unique interpretation, rather than doing an audio version of the initial post, you put it into a scenario instead, and, well let's just say I was laughing the whole way through. This reminds me of the old parodies from the Dectalk Archive. Many congrats here. I like the amount of references as well, the fact that it's like the user is browsing the website. This must have taken a while to put together I know when I've done audio parodies with some interuptions it comes down to the mixing, and something for me that I think might take ten minutes, sometimes ends up with me working much longer on it. I actually haven't done an audio parody myself for ages, the last one actually being Dark's news story from a while back.

2019-03-20 09:20:54

Lol that audio thing was fun, and welcome new staf members!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2019-07-22 02:24:56

Congrats to Liam, SLJ and Cartertemm! Well done to all of you.

2019-07-23 18:19:42

Just listened to the spambot thing and love it. Whatever happened to the Dectalk archive anyway? That was the greatest! If it no longer exists, hopefully someone can recreate it. With all of today's cool technology, certainly there's  a way to do it.

2019-10-20 05:42:47

A very late congratulations to the new moderators and administrators.

2019-10-20 06:20:13

Uh...
Hello, kind necromancer.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)