2006-02-06 18:30:29

Don't worry about missing the entry reguarding the Vorunthul,  you can get it from the entry about the Aldvari if I remember rightly, just go through the different links in that set of entries.

If you don't mind another tip, there's one particular fight where it's very important to remember to take the item that's dropped, sinse it necessary to get another item you will be needing.
the dropped item is something fairly inocuous, and I missed it the first time around and had to go back and do that litle section again. I also believe that particular point is fairly close to the entrance so you might have found it already.

so, what do people think of the new Exp system? Personally I like but I think the Gm will have to introduce a way of grinding for non-combat skills and powers like restoration which you don't seem to get xp for, even when you use them in combat.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-02-08 22:29:42

What I want to know is this: I have completed the Trythic Proving Grounds scenarios, so how do I go to the next part of the contest?

2006-02-09 19:41:46

Well you've probably found out by now but just in case you haven't, the Gm posted more scenarios, just access the Proving grounds link in any safe location to play them.

It's rather strange that he didn't write an announcement on the news page of the main site reguarding the update, he certainly did during the first Pg.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2006-02-10 13:41:23

I have this idea. But I have a question first.
  How does everyone like the new Proving Grounds? I didn't participate in the last one b because I didn't have a  character that was up to scratch.
  Thanks, Dark, but I already discovered the new scenarios.
  Now, to my idea. I know there's a Sryth forum. But what would some of you say to a Sryth mailing list?

Holden

2006-02-10 21:42:30

Glad you found the scenarios Holden. As to the new Pg, I sort of like the way it's not so much focused upon combat, it's nice to see charactors getting out and doing other stuff than giving lots of bandits and monsters and such what for.

Reguarding a mailing list, I'm not sure. I know some people tried to set up a mailing list for Vi players only a while ago but I'm not sure what happened to it.

to be honest, I also wonder why do we need a mailing list? the Sryth.com forum itself is very friendly and great for discussing the game with Vi and sited players, and if for some reason that isn't to people's taste (I've heard certain versions of Jaws have trouble with it), then we can always discuss Sryth here ----- though of course only Vi players will be looking at this site as a guess.

All in all, I can't really see what else a mailing list would do.

2006-02-11 05:45:28

Good thoughts, Dark. Let's wait and see what some of the others have to say, though.
  So do you or anyone else know what first place people will be getting for PProving Grounds awards?

Holden

2006-02-14 18:28:50

Last time around it was 28 adventurere tocans for first place, which you could use in Tallys' to buy some pretty good stuff. I'm not sure how many will be on offer this time though, but hopefully it'll be enough to get some really major items ---- assuming I can get my charactor through the Pg, of course.

2006-02-24 00:50:11

i have registered at the officiak sryth forum but cannot get anyone to approve my request so i can login. anyone know anything about that? i have 2 questions, the first with regards to gating, how exactly can you use this to zip around the kingdom? i'm always confused as to where to use powers, for example when do are in the market trying to sell and you use diplomacy and it succeeds, i never see the prices i get fo ritems go up or down. i guess i can't remember my second question right now.

2006-02-24 08:40:25

Unfortunately you can't just use powers anywhere. Even when you do and it succeeds, nothing seems to happen except in certain situations where using skills/powers is an option.
  As to the Adventurer Tokens, I'm hoping I can scrape together enough to at least by the Dragonbane Longsword. If I could also buy that Platinum Battle Band as well it'd be just groovy. Combining Dragonbane Sword, Battle Band and Kite Shield (and eventually the Spirited Defender), would make for a pretty impressive MR. Right now it's at 61 only because the Wither Blade requires that you sacrifice the ability to use a shield. I just hope his Gmness (we call the gamemaster GM or His Royal Gmness on the Sryth Forum), puts up some more scenarios or he's gonna have to extend the cutoff date for the contest yet again, assuming he hasn't already done so of course.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2006-02-24 12:46:29

When you register on the Sryth forum, it should automatically send an E-mail to your address with a registration key in it, this is a random sequence of letters and numbers.

when you try to logue in to the forum for the first time, you'll be asked for this key. either type it into the appropriate field or copy and paste it from the mail, then you should have your account working okay.

I can understand your confusion reguarding using powers and skills, the Sryth Docs section is actually over a year out of date, it really needs revising.
Most things in the game are reasonabley self-explanetory though, and you can always ask on the Forum  if you need a hand.

2006-02-25 05:36:07

i typed the key in and all that. it's a week later and i'm still pending approval from a staff member or admionistrator. can someone put in a word for me who is already on the forum?