2006-02-18 20:43:48

Hi,
In Monty, in the second level, if you get hit by a creature, why do you get killed streight away?

2006-02-18 20:47:25

no one knows. i think it is  a bug. you should e-mail james, or subscribe to the monty list.  go to alchemy game studios websight at http://www.alchemygamestudios.com  it is there somewhere, i forgot where but the list subscription is there somewhere.

2006-02-18 23:41:36

yeah, i found that very anoying, i'd get so far, and just terminate the game out of frustration.
best reg

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-02-19 00:28:50

I can't seem to get pass the acid pits in level 1. Can some body help?

2006-02-19 10:09:40

what i find effective is each time you come to one of the pits, stand two dirt spaces away fromthe edges.
hold down control, then press 4 and jump quickly after eachother.
that normally sees me through.hth.

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-02-19 17:27:20

hi. i can get through level 1 and bonus levelw ithout dying once. gry and beat that
will, the gaming king

2006-02-19 17:55:48 (edited by ItsAConspiraZ 2006-02-19 17:59:11)

tank_commander wrote:

hi. i can get through level 1 and bonus levelw ithout dying once. gry and beat that
will, the gaming king

I actually almost got to the end of the second level without dying but hit a snake right before I got into the teleport.  sad
Anyway the second level is a bonus level so I'm pretty sure the dying-at-once thing was intended.
[Edit - I actually am impressed you got through the bonus level too.  I'm assuming then that even if you get through both without dying the second real level doesn't load?]

James

2006-02-24 22:12:18

Holy crap Monty demo is awesome!  I say this after finally getting to play the second level.  You have to beat the bonus level without dying; die in the first all you like.  (this seems to be a bug since you can die as many times in the bonus level as you wish without losing lives).  If you're feeling mischevious you can rename the filenames (renaming level02.mzp to level01.mzp for example) -- it works fine.  Level 2 is far more interesting than either the bonus level or level 1; lots more contraptions and inovative little tricks.  This kind of thing really gets me excited; I like these kind of platforming challenges, which are rarely found in other games which seem wayy too freakin' easy *coughcoughsuperliamspluttertroopanum2gasp*.

James