2019-03-06 00:15:28

Been spending tons of time with this one, and aside from a few accessibility issues, like items not reading in inventory unless you double tap it first and some options with the same issue, it is still very playable. The in depth combat system is very skill and equipment dependent and the trick to winning is to adjust what you have at your disposal to your situation. The task system acts as a tutorial to get you on your way, and more parts of the game unlock as you complete each task. The deb updates the game regularly and is very open to feedback. A link to the play store page is below.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … lsrpg.cult

2019-03-06 01:42:40

Feel free to call me whatever you like, and I know the title says text based, but can you pleaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaease pleaeaeaeaeaease implement sound effects into your RPG games?
It's just my opinion, but they just sound a lot more worth it when they have sounds in them, and a reason for devs to put a price tag on their products.
Rant over for now smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-03-06 01:59:49

Pretty sure that's not how you spell please. Also the game is relatively new and the deb probably doesn't know about this thread yet. Yes, audio would be nice, but it is first and foremost, a text game, and one of the deepest playable one on the android market.

2019-03-06 02:07:32

Hi. once again, another great find. How do you craft stuff? I have a task that wants me to craft an axe but I can't seem to find the craft tab.

Thanks.

fantasy world creationist

2019-03-06 02:18:12

The craft tab is all the way on the bottom, the second to the last tab in that section.

2019-03-06 05:32:40

HI. Yeah, figured that out. I was having trouble learning the crafting recipies I don't really understand why they're in the inventory instead of going directly to the crafting tab but whatever. Selling and scrolling through your inventory is an absolute pain though. I hope someone can contact the dev and get it fixed.
Overall, an awsome game, so much fun.

Thanks.

2019-03-06 05:49:24

Would it be pocible to port this game to the IOS platform?

2019-03-06 06:12:35

Agreed about the inventory thing. The good thing is that if you buy a recipe from a shop you automatically learn it. I'm going to email the deb with a few suggestions to make things a little easier for us. I'll ask if an iOS port is planned. Right now the priority is grammar fixes from the responses given so far.

2019-03-06 08:24:42

I don't know you guys notice that 5 or 6 the same names.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

2019-03-06 09:28:52

Yes those were error entries and no one can delete them.

2019-03-06 18:00:03

What i need to do after i created a character? I understand that i need to compleat my first tasc, but how can i do it?

2019-03-06 18:21:45

Go to the task tab then swipe right till you see something that says click here to open. Double tapping that will reveal your task.

2019-03-06 22:32:47

some of these enemies for the quests are really tough. I can't for the life of me manage to beat adel the kultist, even with stacking unholy resistant armor. Is there by chance a better melee weapon then the double killer?
Thanks.

2019-03-07 00:50:54

I ended up using a skill that reduces her unholy damage and deals fire damage to her. I wielded the moderate fire staff and took along the fireball, fire within and rising volcano skills. Even then the fight was pretty close. I had to craft that helmet that gives 24 unholy armor and I got a necklace with 26 unholy armor from somewhere. There are recipes for gloves and shoulder pads with unholy resistance. If you need money and already made it that far then you can farm it from the monster competition on the map.

2019-03-07 17:00:25

Hey guys, I got a response from the dev today. He's signed up but getting a message about not having permission to reply. Any thoughts?

2019-03-07 19:04:27

When you sign up, make a post in the introductions room and the admins can confirm and open you up for posting.  it's a antispambot measure.  I'd do it myself, but I don't have the option

2019-03-08 08:07:08

is this for ios as well?

2019-03-08 13:35:01

Hi all,
Just thought I'd let you know that I have just unrestricted the developer of this game, so hopefully he'll be able to join us in discussing things shortly. I think this is going to be awesome!

2019-03-08 16:29:08

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this. Thanks.

2019-03-08 17:49:43 (edited by Adam_DuelsRPG 2019-03-08 17:50:58)

Hi everyone, my name is Adam. I'm the developer of Duels RPG.

I'm glad that you like the game and I would like to make it better for the visually impaired users.

I would like to ask you what is the typical process you play such game? What softwares do you use for talk back functions, and what are the most challenging parts that could easily fixed in your opinion?

I'm totaly new to this field of software development so every bit of information could be useful for me, everything that seems to obvious for you for the first sight.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

Developer of Duels RPG,
Email: [email protected]

2019-03-08 19:27:28

Hello and welcome! Firstly, about the accessibility functions, all newer model Samsung devices come with a preinstalled screen reader called voice assistant, which you can find and enable from settings, accessibility, screen reader, or vision if on an bolder os. Alternatively, Google has its own screen reader free on the play store called talkback, which when installed, can also be enabled from accessibility. Both of these programs use the phone's text to speech program to read the on screen text, and the universal jesture for navigating through text across all platforms is swiping left or right with one finger to scroll through text, and double tapping to make a selection. Tapping once on a section of text will also make the screen reader read that text. For some programs this doesn't work, but for others like web interface it works relatively well. Also, the screen readers can't read images unless there is a text label attached to them. That's all I can think of in terms of accessibility for now, though there are a lot more resources here somewhere.

Thank you very much for stopping by, and for such a wonderful game.

2019-03-08 19:31:17

I've tried this game out on my BrailleNote Touch, but I think because of the android version, it never loads properly and leaves me hanging for a ⠱⠊⠇⠑⠲

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-03-09 17:32:31

Hello,
I can confirm that this game runs on older Samsung Galxy s4, however it is a bit tricky to navigate. IT reads the main text, however icons, such as the quest button, or even the icons in battles such as the attack button, do not read, and I have to go around, double tapping until I find the one I'd like and hope it's the right one. So it recognizes that there are icons there and I can navigate them, but it doesn't read any kind of label attached to them when swiping, so I have to swipe, double tap and hope I get the right thing. I end up getting lost. For instance in battle I found an icon, tried double tapping it but it said this skill slot is locked. Swiped left, found an icon that was blank, and it turns out it's the attack icon. None of these icons have labels. This includes stuff in the tavern, I couldn't even tell that I'd clicked the tavern button because when swiping around, it wasn't reading any of the icons I was coming across, but it *was* swiping between them. I ended up double tapping until eventually I found the quest one.

2019-03-09 19:07:35

I have the same problem. It is a little time consuming to have to double click each item or long tap a skill to know what they are.

Adam, if you look at post 9 of the thread I'll link to below, you will find a heap of android accessibility resources.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2713 … adventure/
Hope this helps

2019-03-10 13:17:52

Hi Adam, welcome to the forum! I think we had a brief email conversation earlier. Played the game and liked it a lot! Good luck with the game and improving the accessibility.

Developer of text-based roguelike Path of Adventure.
Get it on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … fadventure
Download from the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/app/path-of-ad … 1449457468