2019-03-06 19:42:10

Well, as it's March, we're getting near spring, and hopefully some flowers are starting to bloom, not to mention the easter eggs are starting to fill the store shelves. however, I've got an announcement that's given me, you could say, a spring in my step.
As of now, we've got some new staff for the forum!
We have been listening to community feedback, and so it is with great excitement to announce that the first new moderator is long standing forum member and audiogame developer, Liam.
Secondly, long time forum member slj is moving up in the ranks, he was previously a news poster.
Lastly, Cartertemm has agreed to join us in moderating duties as well.
Therefore, it's not only spring, it's getting near that time where all the midways of arcade and skiball games would open in the past, or maybe that's a few months away. Well, whenever it is, I don't think we have anything to fear because I have not contracted cbs (that's carnival barker syndrome), so that's a good thing because we can then hurry hurry hurry, step right up for the expansion of the utterly wondrous, decade defiantness audiogames forum with a triple triad of newcomers to the team to perform the necessary task required of such new staff, and hopefully this may include... spambot distructiveness! Oh yes. As a result, I propose a new invention! You will want to stop by and continue reading for  this wonderously contrived contraption that will ensure the total eradication of those pesky spammers of cyberspaceness! I propose... The SpamBanner Five Thousand! you will notice the giant machine before you with the most largest, unimpecably so at that, rounded, gigantic, button you have seen. When a spambot is spotted, this wonderous contraption can be activated as such by having said moderator or administrator slamb whichever appendage they feel necessary down on the activation device!
Once this device is activated, a gigantic claw with three sharp points which is fully mechanical with no digital wizardry required, shall begin to descend towards the targeted spambot and loftily lift it up. This newly designed claw will then place the offending profile as roughly as necessary, into this gigantic second part of the contraption you see before you. This will then raise up, revolve, and will begin to take that spambot on the most twirllingly spectacular ride of their life where they are tossed to the left side, then the right side, and then revolved by the top of the profile's avataric head, followed by having the punishment worthy profile turned upside down before being deposited into the next area.
Once deposited downwards, they are sucked into the black whole where spammers belong to boldly go where all spammers have gone before, and out of our audiogames discussion location.
This wonderously... oh my... I think... oh. That's better, I can type normally again! Say... apart from welcoming our new moderators to the team, for a bit of fun, does any of our forumights fancy coming up with their own audio version of that midway-rific moment? It is up to you if you use sound, voice, music, or whatever combination you choose, but why not have some fun with this, and if you decide to bring out your inner carnival barker feel free to adlib and mess around with the script too! You can even do this if you are part of our mod team, our news posters, or even one of our many members! I do not have a prize for this, and this hasn't even been planned, but I think it's time for some fun.
Anyhow, welcome to spring, and welcome to our new moderators Liam, SLJ and Cartertemm!

2019-03-06 19:48:27

concratulations, new staff members

2019-03-06 19:55:32

Yea!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-03-06 20:02:09

Cool!!!.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2019-03-06 20:07:10

Congratulations!

---------------
There will come nothing, for there was nothing.

2019-03-06 23:06:45

Thank you very much. I will do my very best to live up to peoples expectations to be a fair moderator. I'll gladly help where I can.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-06 23:51:03

good deal

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-06 23:57:25

Hurrah! really great to see some new staff and a new start to the forum, also does that machine pass health and safety requirements?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-07 00:50:46

Very nice.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-03-07 03:55:36 (edited by Gorila 2019-03-07 03:56:40)

Congrats new staffers.  Glad to see new faces leading this audio gaming community.  Hope to see way less toxicity on these forums of ours.

2019-03-07 05:21:43

Congratulations to the newest moderators. I have nothing else to say.

2019-03-07 09:00:39

hi
if slj is moderator, why hes title is the unstoppable poster?

2019-03-07 09:09:38

mahdi-abedi wrote:

hi
if slj is moderator, why hes title is the unstoppable poster?

Hmm, good question. I thought it just was me who couldn't see myself as a moderator. That's kind of strange indeed.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-03-07 09:46:10

@SLJ
Yeah that’s strange, i mean Liam shows as a moderator.
Interesting.

I used to be an aventurer like you. Then I took a knee in the arrow.

2019-03-07 10:30:14

SlJ's title is what it is, because when he got over 10k posts he was allowed to write a custom title which overirdes the forum default one, which would be his rankk, or in this case, moderator.

I'm in the same position myself having a custom title rather than a default one despite still having a staff position.
If Slj would rather use the forum default title, i.e. moderator, an admin will have to change this on his profile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-03-07 10:35:44

wow, good option
you meen that all users who's post is up than 10k can change hes title?

2019-03-07 10:53:04

Actually dark, mods can edit profiles. At least, they can by default.

2019-03-07 11:28:16 (edited by omer 2019-03-07 11:28:34)

congratulations to all of you
i'M sure taht we will going to see much more good times in here
bye the way i guess i'M going to turn that allmighty machine to sound, lol its gonna be fun!

2019-03-07 12:34:45

moddy goodness
moddy, meens moderators: rofl: some brezealian people say moddy to me, not mahdi

2019-03-07 14:51:49

@mazen spring, as in the season of spring. Also, if someone says you've got a spring in your step, I think it means they are referring to someone who is feeling upbeat/happy, and is showing it.

2019-03-07 15:32:22

that's great.
hey, liam got some more work.

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-03-07 15:44:44 (edited by sunshine 2019-03-07 16:21:27)

@19, it's not Mahdi, it's moddy. Also,  a big big congratulations to the new moderators! big_smile

2019-03-07 15:55:27

congrats newest moderators! wish you success.

Yours kindly

2019-03-07 16:11:49

Hi,
Congrats to slj, carter and liam

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-03-07 16:14:02

Oh great. More work. Lol.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven