2019-03-02 22:36:51 (edited by DJWolfy 2019-03-02 22:37:52)

@25, well, I have something proof. go to the anyaudio network, click on parker watson's page and check out his audio about sb and imminent death mods.  mind you, ultimate destruction does sound like a pretty blunt game name, so it might've been used by someone else. his username on there is gaminggod2, if you cant find him by name on there.

2019-03-03 00:28:19 (edited by defender 2019-03-03 00:30:12)

This topic belongs in the developers room, no questions asked.

And there needs to be a rule that all new release topics must include a description of the game and link to it or instructions on how to obtain it in the first post.
Along with a guideline about games that are still just concepts, or so full of bugs that they are essentially unplayable, or those games that are unchanged from source which would also cover bgt practice games like memory. Someone needs to put their foot down and have the balls to finally say with conviction; this belongs in the dev room, because these titles are under development.
I think concept demos could belong here in the new releases room, but only if they have enough content to be considered a game, not just a few menus.
We need, and have needed, better guidelines around this for years now. I mean we already have a sticky about database submissions (spelling error ridden as it may be) so why not the next logical step. This is why I pushed so hard for Carter to become a mod, because he has allot of experience with this kind of thing, but that entire process has stalled.

2019-03-03 11:00:53

well as i guess nothing interesting in game, btw link don't working, and add discription too.

Yours kindly

2019-03-03 13:50:42

it is very third class thing that you are posting a game in new releases room & your link is not in first post.  you provide game link in 3rd or 4th post & your link not working?

2019-03-03 14:10:55

ok, but link don't work.

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2019-03-04 00:44:13

@defender I'm not quite ready to go into details yet, but I will say that as of a few days ago the mod process definitely has not stalled. I have a feeling you will be quite happy with the result, at least I hope. We're coming very close to getting a plan together.

2019-03-04 03:44:01

Okay, I'm glad to here that Aaron, and I appreciate that your paying attention to this topic.

I did forget to mention announcements for unreleased games. Those seem to be in a gray area between general games and new releases, so clarifying  one or the other, either a rule about putting some kind of tag in front of the topic name if it's not out yet but allowing it here, or just throwing them all in the general games room instead would be a good idea, unless their already is such a rule and I missed it.

How are the plans for codifying the signup rules and general site rules in one place with extra non rule info moved somewhere else going? It doesn't seem like a fun job but I suppose the sooner the better.

2019-03-04 06:45:39

me thinks that there needs to be a early access room or  unreleased rooms that'd be great.

2019-03-04 07:51:07

me agrees with a early access room. Honestly this spert of side scrolling kill kill kill games have spiked, and idk why. people love sbrw because of the modability, so whyy are people just rewriting sbrw? sbrwrw? i don't get this, like at all.

2019-03-05 19:43:31

Wel, this game is alouwed, because SB is open source.
But ya, this comunity is getting borring if these ggames wil be the future, I wayt for someone hoo is comin with a genre we didn't already have.

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-03-05 19:53:37

This is where accountability comes in. Are you certain that sb is open source?

2019-03-05 22:25:16

a few of SB games are open source, i thing so, because if they wouldn't be open source, why Mason would host a source on his site? roflflflflfl

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

2019-03-06 03:07:26

And this is why people require a document explaining the source to be included with every game using it.

2019-03-06 04:18:34

Guys, it totally does not matter in this case whether the code is open source or no. What matters is that this is a fully broken game which is unplayable, so I quite honestly don't understand why is it so hard for the moderation to move this to developers room already. The dev can always say Hey I released an update and now it's stable, at which point it can easily be moved back, but I quite honestly don't see that happening anytime soon. The more we let this go on in the new releases room the more people will do it. I don't have an interest in getting this myself, but people say that the link is broken too, so if that is the case even worse. This on it's own definitely should not deserve a ban or something, but if the same person keeps doing it over and over they should definitely get warned.