2019-02-04 04:19:24

Ironcross, the issue is that we need to make the rules visible -before you sign up. The tweak you suggest would work for the FAQ or whatnot, and it's easily enough done, but it wouldn't work for the posting of rules that you would se before making an account. It isn't fair to have a set of rules before signing up, and then another once you're in the door. I mean sure, you can turn right around and walk out again, but why? That's sloppy and unprofessional, and it irks me that I can't just fix it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-02-04 05:58:53

Ah yeah good point.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-04 07:21:27

I'm glad you guys are trying to take responsibility for mistakes, that's important. I mean I'm still going to hold out hope until I see concrete changes but I appreciate the thought just the same.
Personally I'd really hope for Carter over Liam if their was only one position, just because he tends to ruffle feathers less and seems more interested in the position. He also played the clone game in the past so he knows what's up. But both of them got tons of votes... So I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken.
But yes unless I'm mistaken Mirage did very little as a mod and I can't think of any other females that actually offered, even if I can think of a couple that might be good at it.

2019-02-04 08:47:49

I would argue that Liam actually did more in the crisis that shook the forum a few months back than Carter did. Liam's demeanour was one of the single best approaches to the conflict that I'd seen. That said, Carter was also helpful and relatively level-headed about the whole thing, and he's had some good ideas.
Personally, I see no reason why we couldn't have both of them if they wanted it. If it's one slot and one only, my vote is for Liam, but I respect the opinions of other people on this one.

2019-02-04 12:33:01 (edited by cartertemm 2019-02-04 12:53:43)

I've collaborated with Liam professionally in the past and can say it was definitely a pleasant experience. His strong work ethic certainly brought a lot to the team and I doubt his sincere dedication to the cause will leave much to be desired.

Additionally, my offer still stands. I'm still around and more than willing to help out where ever necessary regardless of whether or not I happen to wear a mod hat along the way. It's nice to see progress once again. If Liam does happen to get picked, and since according to #99 Aaron and him aren't exactly the best of friends, two spots might not be an entirely bad idea. After all if memory serves, two good admins happened to leave. I say this from a purely logical standpoint hopefully excluding prejudice. big_smile

2019-02-04 17:08:26

While I would love to give my vote to someone in particular, I think that even though I have been on here for a relatively long time, I do not think that I have enough knowledge about both parties to make an unbiased opinion. However, I do not want this to be disrespectful, but is Dan_c still a moderator? In my memory, I do not remember him doing much erating on the forum.
Again, I am sorry if those words were offensive, but I wanted to give my opinions.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-04 17:09:07

That's a tough call, I'd recommend scooping them both up lol.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-04 17:43:11

I think that both of them would be good

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-06 17:07:33

Both of the suggested people seem like good choices, so I also agree that both should become mods. I don't really understand all the hesitation; I highly doubt more time will change anything at this point. If you haven't decided well enough by now, how likely it is that you wil do any better with a few more months? While I understhand that you don't wish to make a wrong choice, not doing anything definitely is one.

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2019-02-08 03:55:48

I'm unsure what issue Aaron has with me, but I would be more than happy to discuss it like adults if he's willing. If not, then. Well I dunno what to tell ya.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-02-08 08:16:26

I agree with carter, I've also worked with liam, and I can agree 100% to what carter said in his post.

Paul

2019-02-09 00:34:06

Hi,
@Liam: thank you for wanting to discuss the issues. I have sent you a private message as a result. I hope this helps, and look forward to your response.

2019-02-14 14:22:48

This is yet another reason I believe we need more staff:
I posted this in the Introduce yourself topic, after it was brought to my attention that jimmy had been waiting sense last Friday. It being the following thursday, almost a week after he posted!
ok, so it's been days sense an administrator or moderator has checked this topic, especially after:

aaron wrote:

Hi,
@Afternoonrest, and @Benf, you are now unrestricted. However, @Finly, @Oscar and @jimmy69, I'd like a bit more info. What sorts of games do you enjoy playing?

At least jimmy has talked about it, but you haven't even unrestricted him, nor the two others that have posted after him.
This is one of the reasons I feel we need more staff memebers.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-14 14:30:14

Hi,
I fully agree with that. However, there is another problem regarding unrestricting. From what we are able to find out, it seems like only admins can unrestrict, and not moderators, and this something we've wanted correcting for ages and nothing's still been done. As it stands, it's just me and Arqmeister with the power to unrestrict, and yet we've got other moderators on the team as well. My only conclusion is that's a forum software-related issue.

2019-02-14 17:03:50

Something else I find rather concerning. Let's do some rather rough scratch paper elementary level math.

At present, this forum has a total of 105046 users. Let's assume for a second that 95% are spambots (a rather high number but let's just use that as a buffer amount). We're left with 5252 users. Give, probably take, to your liking.
There are a total of 23897 topics. Assuming the first topic was created in 2005, 14 years ago, we average nearly 1706 topics per year.
There are a total of 381593 posts at the time of this writing. According to the same rough guestimation, this brings us in the ballpark of 27256 posts per year.
Going back to registered users, 105,046, we have somewhere around 7503 newbies each year. Let's deduct 95% spambots from this amount, 375 legitimate registers per year.

Again there are evident flaws in the above logic, but it should hopefully prove my point nevertheless. All this with a total of 3 active staff members, 0 of which appear to have access or knowledge of the codebase. I have no way of knowing how this particular forum works, but from my general experience with hacking among the vast lines of PunBB, such a modification might require touching a couple conditionals and not much more. Basing off prior confrontations, admins have little to no direct form of contact with site maintainers and thus are ill-equipt to handle suggestions or required alterations no matter how trivial.
I totally understand that for many, the chaotic nature of daily life leaves little room for side projects. Cenderman has shown that he still cares and is willing to debug issues when they come up, yet there are small but significant necessary changes that seem to have been overlooked. What's especially concerning is the fact that according to the tone of Aaron's message, a decent amount of imploring was done.
As icing on the cake, we still haven't seen our new guidelines earn an official home here even though everyone pretty much agreed they would suffice.

Jayde wrote:

I mean sure, you can turn right around and walk out again, but why? That's sloppy and unprofessional, and it irks me that I can't just fix it.

Frankly speaking, is this really a difficult undertaking? I'd think not but hey what do I know.

2019-02-17 08:50:00

Look at the sheer number of users, it's gone up exponentially from a few years ago.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-01 15:03:10

Bringing this topic back, to let you know, with a quick update, that the long overdue discussions of adding staff have begun on list. I do not exactly know when or who yet, but it's happening. I've listed a few candidates, I will check this topic again as well as it's been a while.

2019-03-01 16:36:05

finally.

----------

2019-03-05 11:35:41

Can confirm: unless cataclysm strikes, you should expect 3-4 new moderators in the next week or so. Maybe sooner. I'm not going to say who just yet, but it is our sincere hope that none of you will take Umbridge with any of our selections.

This will help me out, too, as I've been the one doing a fair amount of the day-to-day work lately, and it'll be nice to have others to bounce stuff off of in a more real-time sense, as well as others who can simply do stuff when I'm not here.

2019-03-05 13:11:54

i guess danC is now a mod, i just figured it out in AHC topic, but maybe not, not sure  stilll

2019-03-05 13:42:41

DanC has been a mod for a long, long time, but he's pretty quiet. This isn't new.

2019-03-05 14:27:05

wow, i, didnt know that?

2019-03-05 14:33:14

I was really confused at first because Eloquence says Dan C but voiceover says Dank. I was all like, "who the fluff is Dank? And so Dank that they became a mod?"

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-03-05 16:25:32

Hey, i think umbridge would make a great mod. Lol jk

2019-03-05 16:45:31

Umbridge Moderation:
Mr. Potter, you must not tell lies in front of the students. Detention!

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion