2006-02-21 15:43:32

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could give me a subdomain, and good amount of free webspace? Someone offered me that but I emailed them and they never replied. The free hosts are crap...So any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-21 17:45:44

guys, help this person! he is not a kid.. you should see him on dudenetwork, he is a completely different person! i go on there as tigger, and.. well... man it is soooooo cool! for once, i am an irc operater! perhaps finally i am being respected! etc! etc! etc!
reguards,
aaaron.
etc... sorry, i can't help, i have that word in my head!

2006-02-21 18:51:22

Mike, nothing is ever free. You can get some good space relatively cheap if you search around. Also, if you have a broadband connection, you can set up your own website on a spare computer. Of course you will have to pay for the domain name. But as I said, nothing is ever free.

2006-02-21 20:19:59

I once read a test of free hosts. T35 was one of the best:
http://www.t35.com/

Un-metered Space
Un-metered Transfer
File Size Limit & Ads
$0.00/month

So: no large files and some ads...but unlimited transfer (I think always Fair use policy). Give it a try!

2006-02-21 21:02:48

But i can't use that...you need to have a domain, which i don't...

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-21 22:28:48 (edited by ItsAConspiraZ 2006-02-21 22:34:27)

whost.j-zone.info gives you some space for free.
[Edit: well, at least it did...]

James

2006-02-21 22:33:40

sorry.  I've got the space for sure.  but..  shrugs.  no room for domaines.  I've used all my add ons

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2006-02-21 23:51:59

um,mike,buy your domain like I did,liam did,munawar did,jason did,should I name more?
and to arran:
I herd some interesting stuf about mikes behavier/ manners when he spoke to robjoy from lighttech interactive in freedom chat
if what I herd is true,I can have little to no respect tword sucha person

-- Admin note: please do not use this forum to blacklist people. If someone misbehaves elsewhere, please report it elsewhere, not here. Thanks!

2006-02-22 01:12:43

Yakir there's no reason to sound so superior; it doesn't make you sound cool.  Stop.  Why can't people act politely even when others don't?  If you act obnoxious towards someone who's obnoxious to begin with your behavior isn't justified, at least in my book.

James

2006-02-22 02:46:19

Man, shut up yakir. This topic is about me asking for space not for you trying to sound cool. So please...sheesh!

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-22 05:03:36 (edited by cx2 2006-02-22 05:04:02)

Yakker was *not* trying to sound cool. The general message is this:
If you want web space you'll have to pay for it yourself, like anyone else. Doesn't matter if it comes from your ISP or somewhere else, it's unreasonable to ask someone else to provide you with webspace and a domain themself. It's also not a good idea because it gives them far too much control over your site, and can lead to big issues later.

If you want to distribute games you might have to spend some money for it, that should be expected for any website project. Registering a domain is as far as I know a one time fee, the web space arrangements can be made however you wish. It's fine to ask for hosts, but it's not good to ask people to provide you with the access themself.

Also remember that if anything happens on the webspace the community will assume you're responsible, or conversely the authorities would consider the space's owner responsible. I'm not saying anyone would break the law, but in reality terms it's never a good idea.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2006-02-22 08:41:59

Hello!
How much space do you want to have?

I could give you a subdomain, but if you want to add something to the site you mmust transfer the files to me using msn. because I don't want you to have control over the hole site.
I have a homepage by myself, and I don't want to have it ruined.

/kristoffer

2006-02-22 10:37:25

does anyone know where i can get a free web address?
you see, my sighted friends giving me free webspace for my site, and well, as i'm not intending on turning a profit from this site, i wondered where i might get a free web address.
i tried freeparking.com but most of them have a price tag on them.
i need it for an unknown length of time, so i don't want to pay something like 12 dollars for 2 years use.
any ideas guys?
cheers
best regards to all

Pay my respects to grace and virtue,
Send my condolences to good,
Hear my regards to soul and romance,
They always did the best they could.

2006-02-22 11:00:43

If you want a free domain:
As I said, the t35 is free and does not require a domain name.
You get a domain name like:
audiogamefellow.t35.com
or
iamthemostcrazyguy.t35.com
with full FTP control etc.

And I'm not even getting paid for saying this! smile

If you are a paid customer, you get more rights. Free hosts change the conditions on the fly, and away goes your free host. It's not that expensive, but if you have no money, it's simply no option.

2006-02-22 16:55:05

Hi Kristoffer,
Couldn't you add a subaccount or something that I could have access too? Thanks

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-22 18:32:28

mike: this guy is trying to help you, why dont ya do what he says? that is, kg84. he is giving you something, and of course you can send the files over msn, or dcc, or something.

2006-02-22 21:31:31

james
I hope your joking man,me wanting to sound cool just because I made a comment? sirtenly not,I have better places to "try to be cool",my friends, girls...smile
and if I wanted to sound superior or arogant, i'd say something like:
hey mike kid,how der you even speak in that manner to me(an audiogames developer) when you dont know how to write a rock papre sissers game,or even worse,play a sound with vb
now that's arogant /superior...,,but not what I sed previously,come on james,dont act as though you dont know me
best regards
yakir arbib

2006-02-22 22:12:01

Hello!
If I could I would add a sub account to my website.
Unfortunately though, the place where I've bought my webspace doesn't support that kind of service.
When doing a sub domain I enter my ftp, create a directory and put the files into that directory.
That is how it all works. I'll change service provider some time, but I've allready paid for this year, so I'll have to wait until next.
Until then you could send the files on msn. I think you allready have that.
I'm online on msn the most time. the only time I don't answer to messages is when I'm sleeping.:d
One of my friends have the bad behaviour of writing to me in the middle of the night when I have the status away on msn, and he doesn't understand why he is'nt getting any answer.

/kristoffer

2006-02-22 22:54:49

Hi Myke,
I might be able to arrange some space for you. I've got plenty to spare and can give you a subdomain (EG: myke.bpcprograms.com). I believe you have me on MSN. IM me when it is convenient for you.
Munawar

2006-02-23 01:14:55

Hey munawar, i heard u message me before, sorry I didn't answer. Well your not on MSN now, hopefully you'll be on tonight then illl im u.

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2006-02-24 04:13:10

Just my two cents:

I like
www.co.nr
for  redirection.