2019-03-04 00:36:31

I made a recording so those of you who want to see the app in action before buying it can hear what it is like.
https://www.applevis.com/sites/default/ … st1216.mp3

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2019-03-04 14:47:26

Hi! Yesterday I tested the app in an actual game of d&d next, in my opinion the most compatible rpg  with the app, and I have new feedback.
The app worked great as I expected in creating formulas and rolling single dice. However, it slowed me down when I had to review dice. I think that having a gesture to read again only the dice you have just rolled would be great, since the process of going back to the vertical menu, going down and make the app read the dice was really slow compared to the use of normal dice. A three fingers swipe or a three finger press would be really useful.
Also, sometimes my group rolls the attack roll and the damage dice together, so not to loose time rolling twice if you succeed. So, yesterday I had to roll a d20 attack roll plus 2d6 dice for damage. It was hard to do this with the app because I could not review my rolls die by die and the fact that the app always summed the dice made it confusing because of the pronunciation of numbers I didn't need. I understand this is a minor problem, after all you can solve it by rereading the roll or by simply rolling the attack and the damage separately, but I think it's another good point to give us the possibility to reread dice one by one manually.

2019-03-05 05:57:36

@Siria Great feedback. Thanks. We are already thinking about including a new gesture that will simply re-read the last dice roll. It'd be a new gesture as we don't want to lose the ability to read the formula in case you needed to know what formula you have put together if you were still adding dice.

As for being able to know what you rolled die by die, a simple solution would be to select the Individual VO Type. You could then roll 1d20 + 2d6 and, by way of an example, it would speak the answer as "1d20. 17. 2d6. 3. 4." You would easily know from that read that your d20 was 17, and the total of your 2d6 would be 3 + 4, or 7.

I hope that helps.

2019-03-05 06:15:34

Someone in my gaming group today remarked on a benefit of this app for all players (not just blind). Combined with a pare of airpods or similar, this app can be controled with one hand without looking.  This allows one to use ones other hand for character sheet, or (more importantly) snacking while role playing.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2019-03-05 07:03:08

@harrylst That's the hope. We designed it firstly for blind and vision impaired players but worked hard on making the design universal, simple and fast for everyone. We really hope that all kinds of RPG groups become aware of it and increase their inclusiveness as a result.

2019-04-13 10:23:30

I like the idea of this app but unfortunately I don't have IOS. smile

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2019-04-18 05:39:16

That's such a great mission statement, I'm so excited to see your full scale projects later down the line!  It's so refreshing to see a sighted person being so proactive in the blind community, the studio sounds like it's off to an amazing start big_smile

2019-04-27 05:27:17

There's a major update coming for Ready to Roll in the next two weeks. It will include Fate dice, Roll and Keep functionality and more. Around then, we'll also have some news to share about the studio. We've been very busy behind the scenes, but if you're interested and use Twitter you can stay up to date with most of what we're doing.

2019-04-27 07:49:10

Awesome, you guys seem to have covered all the requested features!  Good job taking user feedback and getting it into the product.

2019-04-29 10:34:39

Thanks, @defender. We're definitely interested in getting some more feedback when the update goes live.

2019-04-29 11:54:40

Hi
Cool, I'm very looking forward to this! As defender said, good job in listening to the comunity.

2019-05-14 14:23:43

Hi, congrats for the update! I really appreciate the addition of fate dice and the new layout with the new shortcuts. Now, the only thing I'm missing is the ability to review my previous results in a more streamlined way. I know that you can listen again to them by long pressing on previous, but, to me, it keeps feeling slow. The ideal solutions that comes to my mind would be to create a new page, like special, standard etc, where you can review your results one die by one on a line, with the possibility to select from this line the dice you want to keep and the dice you want to reroll. However, that's absolutely not a major issue, it's just my opinion.
Keep up the good work, this app is great! Oh, and I've read your tweets about the news in your company, very happy for them too.
Wish you all the best

2019-05-15 01:10:28

Hi.
I'm very excited about this, I got the app and am going to follow on twitter. I've heard of table top games but never played one, I've seen them play on the big bang theory so I have an idea of what it's like to play. I'm going to try out the app and then I'll look into joining a game since I'm very intrigued!
Thank you very much for this app, it's so nice when we can get people like you to notice a small community like this.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-16 08:10:50

@siria You can long press with one finger after you've just rolled the dice to re-hear that roll again. But once you make a change, yes, you'll have to head to the Previous page. We'll think about how that can be streamlined.

@guitarman Thanks. I hope you have a great time with it.

2019-05-16 11:28:06

@Blind Sparrow: ah, cool! I didn't get it from the guide, I'm sorry. Well, I guess that solves my issue. I officially love this app!