2019-02-18 09:06:58

Hi.
I don't play those roll playing games myself, not yet though, but this awesome new release gives me a big reason for doing so. There are simuler apps available, but your app sounds much better than the others. Keep up the fantastic job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-02-18 09:38:26

@SLJ Thanks! Yes, we are aware of a number of the other apps out there, but we hope we've done something that's well thought out, completely accessible and improves on the areas that matter for blind players. No doubt, we'll find out soon enough.

2019-02-18 10:09:08

Hi!
I'm very looking forward to this app, since I'm an avid rpg player. I have a question though: will it be possible to roll also fate dices? If not that's not really a big problem, I'll get it anyway, but just to know how much I can expect from this. Thanks!

2019-02-18 10:19:30

@siria It's a great question, and one that's only been asked since we announced. Unfortunately, we haven't included Fate dice, but it wouldn't be too hard for us to add them in a future update, though it would require a new VO session, additional photography and, of course, some coding. If the app goes well and we find enough players want them to be included, we'll definitely consider spending the time and financial investment to add them.

2019-02-18 10:43:51

Seems fair. Well, one more reason to download this app and share the interest with my rpg players.

2019-02-18 10:45:45 (edited by TBlaze 2019-02-18 10:47:19)

Best of luck with everything. You're doing it for all the right reasons. and like everyone said we're here to help.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-02-18 12:00:43

@TBlaze Thanks for saying so! We really value the community's insight and guidance.

2019-02-18 14:12:29

Hi.

Really love this idea. I played mutants and masterminds for a solid 7 years, but had to use a heavily modified version of GMA dice which wasn't always as quick as I would've liked. The game sadly finished when the gm and his wife (who was also one of the players), had a baby but I'd definitely be up for tabletop rping again if I can find somewhere still doing it.

I do have a few function questions:

Firstly,  would it be possible to have crits and failes, EG ones and twenties announced first over title without having to flick through all dice?

Secondly, would it be possible to specify a certain number and declaire that a success/failure, Eg if you were rolling d20s with a plus 8 modifyer and had to get 20 or more, have the program automatically  announce how many dice hit 12 or higher?

Secondly, would it be possible to have the program preset a reroll of dice which get a certain number, EG rerolling any natural 20s on a D20?

I'll be interested to see where this one goes, though of course the next step is finding somewhere else to Rp big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-18 16:23:19

@BlindSparrowInteractive Thanks for your answer. I was curious because you chose a symbol for your company that is not a commonly perceived Christian symbol, like the cross or fish. Of course both you and I know that our faith is not a faith of symbols but of truth, so it hardly matters which symbol the world thinks represents it. I really like the idea of coming in small and yet with the idea in mind of making a larger impact.

2019-02-19 20:49:18

Do we have any news on a final release date? Also do we know how much the program will cost? IMHO if as described, it'll be well worth paying for.

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2019-02-20 00:19:15

@harrylst We should be putting the app in for submission to Apple today. As soon as we know that it's passed, we'll announce a release date. Given that Apple's pricing is tiered, which means you only have set options, we are pricing the app at $1.99 USD. We are also looking at giving away 50 to 100 codes around launch to help encourage more blind people to try out tabletop role play gaming and to foster that community. Below is a link to a tweet asking for people's thoughts on how we might do that best.

https://twitter.com/BlindSparrowInt/sta … 8632175616

2019-02-20 03:33:29

well good luck. hoping it comes out sometime this week (I have submitted an app to the app store before and I've noticed it usually doesn't take longer than a day).  And I think $1.99 is more than fair for an app like this: at least it's not an in-app subscription model (can't stand those).

Feel free to add me.

2019-02-21 00:34:18

A quick update: Ready to Roll has been approved by Apple and will release on iOS on 28 February. That's just one week from today!

2019-02-21 00:54:46

Man, I wanted the app to be $2.03. LOL

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-21 07:10:36 (edited by jack 2019-02-21 07:10:53)

No. $2.14. Lol!
And congratulations on the approval!

2019-02-21 07:31:53

@Jack Thanks!

2019-02-21 11:42:50

Fantastic news, all we need to do now is find an rp group to use it with big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-27 00:49:02

The app is now live on the iOS store!

You can find it here: https://apple.co/2EyD9Ha

A screen reader friendly user guide can be read online here: https://bit.ly/2EAsk7P 

PDF version here: https://bit.ly/2VqdLt5

I'll be converting the guide to the correct format and posting it in the articles room later today.

It would be amazing if you could spread the word!

And, of course, if anyone has any questions or feedback, fire away.

Thanks for all the support you've shown. I really appreciate it. And I hope it was okay to put a special thanks to AudioGames.net into the app.

2019-02-27 15:27:13 (edited by siria 2019-02-27 15:31:29)

Hi!
Congratulation for the release!
I've briefly played with your app, and that's the feedback I have so far. Keep in mind that's my first look at it, so I maybe have missed something.
The positive: the gestures are great! You're certainly going the right direction for me with the use of swipes to roll and a quick way to add and subtract dices.
The easy interface: an other point for you here.
The voice acting: while not necessary, it gives a nice touch.
The negative
While I can listen to individual dice results, I didn't find a way to select some dices I've already rolled to reroll them. For example, if I rolled 1, 2 and 3, I didn't find a way to select the 1 and to reroll just that die without losing the other dice. That's not a great problem if you play d&d, but, for example, it's really necessary if you play World Of Darkness.
Also, I think it would be cool to have as many custom dices as you wish.
All in all, I think that this app has really cool ideas in it. However, I wish it will have more features in the future, if people are interested enough. Also, adding more features could help it to become more popular even in the market of sighted rpg players.

2019-02-28 03:29:46 (edited by Blind Sparrow Interactive 2019-02-28 03:31:18)

@siria

Thanks for the great feedback. If you're looking to get the most out of the app, I would suggest checking out Tangela Mahaffey's excellent user guide, which can be found online here: http://blindsparrowinteractive.com/read … guide.html

Your suggestion for an option to re-roll dice are very valid for games that require that. I was just recently asked if the app can be used to play Farkle, for instance. We'll explore the possibility, but there's a level of complexity there when you start rolling 8 different dice. Or 9 dice and a modifier.

We've already started an internal list of suggested features. We've already noted your suggestion of Fate dice. We'll add these new ones to that list. Expanding and updating the feature set is something we are considering, though we'd like to hear more feedback first, if only to find out which features are the most desirable.

Once again, thanks for your feedback.

2019-02-28 07:00:00

Update: for convenience, the user guide for Ready to Roll has now been added to the forum.

2019-03-03 10:13:02

Hi:
While I;’m an avid RPG fan, tabletop RPGs are an unexplored field for me, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. Could someone recommend any games to try, and maybe put together a tutorial on tabletop RPGs? The app sounds great by the way, congratulations on the release.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-03-03 16:22:45

Tabletop RPGs are all quite different. There's the one I play (dungeons and dragons), and I could probably do a tutorial on it, but then there are so many others and they are all different.

Feel free to add me.

2019-03-03 22:16:09 (edited by defender 2019-03-03 22:16:43)

I bet you there are youtube videos of people playing, and I know that PCS games still has transcripts of their old ones. It's not a tutorial but it could give you a taste of what to expect.

2019-03-04 00:01:14 (edited by Blind Sparrow Interactive 2019-03-04 00:02:19)

@tayo.bethel If you use Twitter, there are a lot of great opportunities being shared about regarding new tabletop RPG groups. But a really great podcast to listen to is Going In Blind. It only ran for a dozen or so episodes, but it's about two blind women trying out Dungeons and Dragons with the help of a sighted DM, Morgan Jenkins. It has some high production values, explains a lot of the core concepts simply, and Morgan is an excellent GM. Here is a link to it: https://t.co/ILPMH8owLL