2019-02-27 06:41:05

We may have just released Ready to Roll on the App Store, but we are already working on the design for our second project.

If you're interested in doing some short term contract work with us, be sure to send an email to [email protected] with your details and a short introduction about yourself.

In case you were wondering, too, we believe strongly in diversity and inclusion. You can read our statement on the topic on our website at www.blindsparrowinteractive.com.

2019-02-27 17:41:47

This is now the second post i've seen here with 0 information about said contract work.
Is this a development position?
if so:

• What sort of team will we be working on?

• What languages or experiences do we need?

• Is this a remote position?

• Are there any limitations as far as work laws in the country you do business?

If not a technical developer position:
What exactly does this job entail. We need more information to know if someone be interested let alone qualified. If you post jobs here, treat it like a job posting on linkedIn or similar page please.

I don’t believe in fighting unnecessarily.  But if something is worth fighting for, then its always a fight worth winning.
check me out on Twitter and on GitHub

2019-02-27 21:59:30 (edited by Ethin 2019-02-27 22:00:14)

I agree with 2. The last time you posted about something like this didn't give me any form of confidence or favor in or towards you, especially that tidbit about "women being encouraged to apply" on the end. That was actually kind of creepy. If your open to all people, no matter about their race, ethnicity, etc, adding that little tidbit should be entirely unnecessary and makes (me at least) think that your "encouraging" women to apply over other sexes. A bit sexist, wouldn't you say?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-02-27 22:05:26

@ethinagreed

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-02-28 00:50:37 (edited by Blind Sparrow Interactive 2019-02-28 00:57:57)

@kyleman123

Apologies. The post is not meant to come across as vague. It's intent is to find out what skills people on this forum do have. We are currently in the process of working through the design and scope of our next project, so we don't yet have specifics on which roles we will need to fill yet. Based on this post, we've already had emails from members of their forum, introducing themselves and telling us a little about what skills they have. This is very beneficial. If a sound designer or voice actor or web developer emails us like this we have a great idea as to who we might be able to easily approach and the level of their skill. It certainly is preferable to having to create a specific job ad; often we can tailor a position to someone who sounds like a great fit. I understand that this is counter to the usual process of having a specific ad and formal interviews. If this is problematic for the community, I'm happy to stop posting like this. I certainly understand your concerns.

@ethin @tysonsylvester123

I've spent the last decade and a half in the professional games industry. For too long there have been problems with the way that women and minority groups have been cut out of dev opportunities. The reasons for this is not a topic I wish to discuss here, but rather a fact and a situation that needs to be redressed. It is a regular practice now for game studios to emphasise that women are welcome, and to encourage them to apply for positions. As a white male myself, I understand that it can be confronting; we all want to work and be valued for our work, believing that everything is a perfectly balanced meritocracy. But it never has been perfectly balanced. As in many areas of life, people see through their prejudices - be that towards our physical ability, our gender, our race, our age, our beliefs. If you are uncertain about our credibility, I would say speak to someone who has worked for the studio or, more simply, wait until you are certain. To that point, we try to be very transparent on this forum about who we are, what we stand for and how we operate, and you're free to ask any questions you may have. If you want, follow us on Twitter at https:twitter.com/blindsparrowint. We post every day about what we are doing and where we are at with projects.

I hope that makes things a little clearer. But, additionally, here are some answers to your questions:

What sort of team will we be working on?
Most of our team are contractors. It's short term work, or specific tasks. Eg. Tangela Mahaffey was contracted to write a technical user's guide at a certain rate per hour. It was five hours of work.

What languages or experiences do we need?
This depends on your field of skill and what we need. We really just want to know what skills and experience you have. Sometimes, we work with people who don't have much experience, but have excellent skills and show real promise. We are very much about providing new opportunities and the professional experience of working on a project. All work is paid.

Is this a remote position?
Yes. On our first project we worked with people from Brazil, the UK, the US and Australia. We are already in discussions with two people for project two: one is from Singapore, the other from Finland.

Are there any limitations as far as work laws in the country you do business?
Not when it is freelance contract work, no. It would be different - and far more complicated - if the person became an employee.

2019-03-03 01:05:30

Wait Ethin didn't you put in your coder resume on that one topic that you liked hanging out with girls? I recall that being more creepy.

2019-03-03 02:41:13

@6, I don't even remember that haha. Hell, wasn't I like 11-12 back then?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github