2019-02-28 17:14:20

Well guys. Let's hear it. smile  What was the best deal on tech you found or were able to pull off? Mine would have to be this Dell precision M4800 I found on a local computer store's site. I had to literally have nvda read it to me 3 times before I realized what I had just found.  You guys are well aware  that I sold my Dell inspiron 5577 back in August and got the gpd win 2. But Mr. win 2 over there did not like to be pulled into video/podcast recording work. The fan wanted to be a part of the videos as well. LOL  So after I got done kicking myself so hard I decided to start looking hardcore for something with an i7 for $500 if such a thing was out there and boy was it ever!!!!!! Granted it's 2014 technology but let's all be real here. I prob won't tax this computer much but hey I'd rather have too much power in a computer instead of not enough. So for anyone who missed it. $500 somehow landed me with an i7-4810MQ- at 2.8 ghz and goes up to 3.8 ghz, 16 gb ram and a 120 gb ssd. Here is the kicker. The guy that sold me the computer was looking at the computer after he had set up win 10 and he said "oh wow, this thing has a video card." Come to find out, it's a NVIDIA Quadro K2100M graphics card. It's a 2 gb card but don't know much more than that. From what I have gathered after some research, it's not the best for gaming but can do it if need be. It's more for rendering graphics in CAD and things like that. But hey I'll take it. I was not even after a graphics card. I was just after the I7.

2019-11-15 19:16:03

Just for anyone who is curious. The Dell precision  m4800 has given me trouble free operation since February 7 of 2019. smile I would have expected nothing less!!! Sure it is not the latest and greatest but it can easily work with anything I have thrown at it. The only thing I could foresee happening is the ssd goes but that is no issue to me. So yes buying old work station laptops is really a viable option if you want or need to go that rout.

2019-11-15 19:52:36

Last year I bought an iPhone 8+ for 550 euros. It had been used for less than two weeks. The regular price of a brand new iPhone 8+ was 690 euros at that store where I got it from. They also gave me a case and a screen protector. They didn't put it in the original package, but I got all that would normally come with an iPhone and I was very happy with my choice in the end.

2019-11-15 22:26:19

I will say the Galaxy a50 that I got 3 or so days ago.
So, I had a 10 euros contract at Vodafone, along with other plans, all for the family.
So, Vodafone contacted me and because I had enough points, they reduced the other contract to 1 euro, closed another one that I did not need and I got this phone free with my plan, with only 12 euros, everything unlimited on it.
And this, was heck of a good deal.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-11-16 17:52:27

Best tech deal I've ever gotten?  I got a 1200 dollar PV mixer for free!  Sadly?  My house floodded back in 2016 and I lost a ton of stuff, including that thing.  Even worse?  I never got a chance to fully learn it and use it to its full potential.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.