2019-02-19 20:25:13

Hi there people,
so, I think the last win update just broke something, or, I just got a virus...
When I open an exe and I want to accept that secure screen dialog, something weird happen.
My windows freezes inside that secure screen window.
The windows is blank, just the cursor is vissible.
I can't do anything to go out of that window, so the onli way how to continue is a hard restart, and that's not really cool, tongue.
So I wana ask, is it just me who experienced  this problem, if not, can I  fix it somehow?
Thx

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-02-19 20:30:50

Go to the following path:  C:\Program Files (x86)\NVDA\systemConfig

Check the addons folder under there, if any are present, remove them. Go into NVDA.ini and remove all the entries relating to addons and their configuration options. You could also delete the nvda.ini and it should regenerate itself. I can't guarantee it will though, I know the main config in %appdata%\nvda will, but I can't guarantee the system one will. Anyway, try that see if it works

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-19 20:42:10

No addons, and on nvda.ini is just one line, schemaVersion = 2, if you mean the program files x86 one.

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-02-19 21:09:27

Does, say, narrator work on the secure screen? I kind of have an idea of what it is, but want to make sure it's not from the screen reader, otherwise it won't be relevant.

2019-02-19 21:10:29

Yea, narator speaks the pressed keys, but nothing next works...

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-02-20 18:31:32

Update
I just figured it's not something with nvda, but with the narator.
If I'll press alt + a before the narator starts speaking, everything works fine, but when it starts, no way!

check my sounds on
freesound

2019-02-28 15:06:37

I'll give it a shot, since no one has responded. Check your user account control settings in control panel. Is it, by any chance, on 34%? If UAC is at 34%, screen readers won't be able to interact with it, as while the UAC pops up on the screen, it doesn't actually change as such. Even if UAC is at 34%, the only thing you'll be able to do is press alt plus whatever the key is, in english it's y. But you won't actually be able to get screen reader focus. Please keep in mind, this is just a rough guess at this point, but can't think of anything else at the moment.