2019-02-27 14:07:50

Hello,
I've noticed that in the developers room some questions are asked again and again, mainly learning programming language x or good resources for programming language x or what is the best programming language for audiogames?
I think the developers room really deserves it's own FAQ to clarify some of these questions. Problem is though, ask 5 different people these questions and you'll get 5 different answers. It will be a challenge formulating answers that most people will be able to agree with, but we could always give general reccomendations and advantages / disadvantages of programming languages and other things

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

2019-02-27 14:31:00 (edited by musicalman 2019-02-27 14:32:13)

Meh, it's a good idea in theory but I don't think it's possible at the moment, since every single time I see a topic asking these kinds of questions it becomes some sort of debate that seems to leave nobody satisfied. I think it's sad really.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-02-28 04:49:36

so is the way of things lol, you think this is bad, you haven't seen anything, just go on like virtually any other forum.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-28 12:50:12

True, but at least we wouldn't have the discussion a thousand times in different topics. Not saying it's easy though. If we stick to mainly facts, like game x was made with tools y for reason z, we could create a quick introduction to the tools commonly used.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen