2019-02-27 14:07:50

Hello,
I've noticed that in the developers room some questions are asked again and again, mainly learning programming language x or good resources for programming language x or what is the best programming language for audiogames?
I think the developers room really deserves it's own FAQ to clarify some of these questions. Problem is though, ask 5 different people these questions and you'll get 5 different answers. It will be a challenge formulating answers that most people will be able to agree with, but we could always give general reccomendations and advantages / disadvantages of programming languages and other things

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

Thumbs up

2019-02-27 14:31:00 (edited by musicalman 2019-02-27 14:32:13)

Meh, it's a good idea in theory but I don't think it's possible at the moment, since every single time I see a topic asking these kinds of questions it becomes some sort of debate that seems to leave nobody satisfied. I think it's sad really.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up

2019-02-28 04:49:36

so is the way of things lol, you think this is bad, you haven't seen anything, just go on like virtually any other forum.

I felt the wind of your passing
        is preferable to
I felt the passing of your wind

Thumbs up

2019-02-28 12:50:12

True, but at least we wouldn't have the discussion a thousand times in different topics. Not saying it's easy though. If we stick to mainly facts, like game x was made with tools y for reason z, we could create a quick introduction to the tools commonly used.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

Thumbs up