2019-02-26 18:21:37

Hey everyone!

I want use pictures in BGT programming language.
It's possible?

Best regards,
Daniel

2019-02-26 18:31:44

Short version: no.
Long version: unless you abuse DLLs enough that you'd have an easier time switching to C#.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-26 19:00:46

lol Thumbs up for post 2

2019-02-26 23:03:06

If you wanna go that far, why not set up BGT to be a search engine? It will only take a year or 10 tongue
I don't think you should try.

2019-02-27 12:35:04

hi
I think know its not possable, cause bgt is audio games language

2019-02-27 14:08:05

Of course, put some sounds in it and after that imagine how those things would look like. Just like an audio game, ey?

2019-02-28 14:08:15

Hi

@1

I also wondered about this question, but back then your_adventure was in it's alpha stages. And my teacher asked me if another background was possible. I asked around and trajectory, from this forum, told me that this isn't possible and added the long answer of Cae to it, about the dll's.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-02-28 18:50:42

I understand, and thanks a lot of answer.
But Sam Tupy how use the pictures in he's own audiogame?
I got a graphics, and engine .bgt files in my computer. I don't know how to use those files for that.

Best regards,
Daniel

2019-03-06 21:32:29

He probably used DLLS.
I'm pretty sure he has done that before.

2019-03-06 22:11:09

graphics_engine.bgt doesn't do anything. It was made as a reference for what such a thing might be like, and it wound up in an archive by mistake. Or something resembling mistake, anyway.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-03-06 23:44:51

Sam has not used pictures in his games to my knowledge. What he has done, is updated the window title to display text on screen, enabled with a setting in STW.

2019-03-07 16:58:27

The lack of graphics is one of the major reasons I abandoned the BGT ship.
I may want/need that option down the road.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2020-03-26 03:36:56

impossible. I deeply messed with a dll and got some simple pictures but it took me months on end.

2020-03-26 03:37:09

by simple I mean ascii art.

2020-03-26 06:28:16

you could always use dialog boxes showing text, then have the text reading press 1, 2, or 3 to choose an option. it's not fotos, but it's not possible, so, we have to improvise. or, you could just do what sam did.
and another thing. if the player is good at following auditory instructions, he could press a key or click the mouse to interact with the program. I really think someone should remake bgt in python or update it. then, it would work faster or have extra functions.

today I read some c++ code and then I realize how similar they are. a bit off topic. I know this post was kinda long, but, is because i'm bored, just a bit. but, i'm gonna sleep now

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2020-03-26 12:03:35

I think its possible by using grafick.bgt witch is in bgt includes that carter temm made

2020-03-26 12:41:33

I'm just curious, why even bring this topic back? You do realize the last real post was in march of 2019, literally over a year ago?

2020-03-29 22:52:04

Adel, remember BGT was made from something that was made with something that was made in C. So yeah. And we do have an updated BGT. Its called Lucia? Ever heard of it?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2020-03-29 22:53:16

As for the stw vision ode, it doesn't display pictures. It just fucks the game for the people it was intended for. Personally I find that graphic mode false advertising.

_____

2020-03-30 02:31:07

No. Lucia is not an "updated BGT" at all. Frankly I'm getting tired of people making "BGT clones" -- libraries with new functionality, perhaps, but with all the old familiar function names. I'm kinda curious what's so wrong with using existing game engines and frameworks...

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2020-03-30 02:41:21

My mistake. Lucia is an audiogame engine written in Python, to encourage BGT fanboys to switch to a more modern, sleek programming language. Today I was digging through the lucia directory and saw a network function. I wonder how it works?

Damn. It seems that I can't post in the Devs room without mentioning Lucia lol.

_____

2020-03-30 04:46:06

To understand Lucia networking you need to look up sockets.  Lucia does not really provide any networking capabilities per se. It is a mere rapper for data encryption using sockets should you choose to do so.

2020-03-30 08:56:51

@21: because the others are not optimized for audio / accessibility, and most devs here are far from pros and appreciate something geared specifically toward them, instead of drawy McSpritepants and Poly GonModeler.
Like I've always said, BGT's out-of-the-box audio, tts, and compilation-to-exe are super convenient, especially if you're new or have a short attention span. The closest comparisons before were Pygame and Pyglet, and they are inferior by those specific metrics. Spritework is easier in Pygame than getting BGT type sound positioning, almost as though that's exactly what Pygame was designed around.
So if the point of Lucia is to make sound and sound positioning and tts closer to BGT levels of trivial, then why wouldn't anyone try it?

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.