2019-02-22 12:33:51

No we're not going to be  putting anyone on trial here, we just have a lot of updates which appeal to the worst sides of humanity, greed, violence, lust for power, and probably a habbit of wearing long black cloaks and breathing masks too.

first off, I promised crime, though as with the generally dark and doom laden atmosphere of this particular set  updates I wasn't being entirely truthful. Crime hunter, see db page here is a new game from Maison Armstrong, he of the famous hunting of tombs.
the game involves a rather more straight forward and violent set of side scrolling challenges, with thugs to slay, weapons to collect, fires, spikes and bombs to avoid and a hole lot more. The game is entirely free, but donations of $5 can get you access to an especially violent endless mode, as well as unlock all ten levels straight away. Comments and discussion is Welcome in this topic.

Its not just new forms of violence however, since some old friends have also been getting some updates.

Light battles is back, with an all new update. This adds several more locations in that galaxy far far away on which to have battles including corascent and the well known desert world of tatooeen.

With new battle modes and enemies in the works, this is definitely one for fans of arcade action and a certain long running film series with a famous score by John Williams. Comments, suggestions and such are all welcome in Yonder topic.

Of course, things can get just as violent in fantasy kingdoms as out there in space or in the crime ridden modern world, and in keeping with that Warsim, is back once again with yet more updated goodness.
these updates are so mysterious they can't be discussed, just see post 1336 of this huge topic, lets just say start in the black market and work from there.

Lastly, hows about some good old worker exploitation and dangerous labour out in space? Those who fancy a space mud  crafting, combat, quests and a mysterious planet to explore, as well as a dark and gritty universe are welcomed to Coremud, a long running sf mud with lots of unique places and activities. find out more in This topic about coremud  though for those who want to dive straight in and begin slaving ---- mmmm, I mean making their fortune, you can check out the game over on Host www.coremud.org, port 4000.

Happy, ---- well actually thinking about it, being happy about all the wars and violence and other nasty stuff would be kind of disturbing.

Okay, not happy gaming! myserable and pathos filled gaming! gaming fraught with the sorrow for the exploitation of the powerless and the genera awfulness of humanity!

Oh, and enjoy slaying the thugs and sith and demons and aliens.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-02-23 09:38:54

Actually Chrime Hunter is not a new release, it was around before this.

2019-02-23 13:27:49 (edited by Dark 2019-02-23 13:29:17)

Well I do remember reading something about a previous release, but I wasn't exactly %100 sure of the game's status up to this point, EG whether it was a public beta  a full version or what not, and undoubtedly the new version changes like the endless mode are a recent thing anyway.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-10 22:17:31

Both the links on the original post give me an arror page when I click them.
I have no input on Warcrimes, mabie it was named something differently?

2019-05-11 13:01:29

Warcrimes was just me making a joke in the news article, the two games I mentioned were warsim and crime hunter both of which have db entries.

2019-05-12 00:23:10

A, I ment crime hunter. The DB entry link doesn't seem to work, the download link anyway.

2019-05-12 16:04:06

Okay page and download links for crime hunter fixed now.  Mason must have updated his website.