2019-02-22 15:28:42

Hello everyone, karate25 here and I'm extremely interested in becoming involved with beta testing mainstream video games for accessibility. I know that you Ianhamilton and you, sightlesskombat both are involved in doing things like this as well as some others and I'd love to be a part of this process to help us bring accessibility to video games. I would be using my xbox 1s primarily as my console of choice but I would still love to be involved with this. Any sorts of people you could help me get in touch with or places I could go to sign up as a beta tester would be greatly appreciated. I would love to work with ubisoft since they seem to be wanting to include the blind gaming community in their games. Have a wonderful day to you all and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2019-02-22 16:30:49

I feel like they wouldn't except you cause blindness, but you could try and become a beta tester just like everyone else does.
Why does you being blind make it different?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-02-22 21:51:43

From what I understand, it's about having the right contacts. I think you need to get yourself out there a bit, not just here on agnet but twitter and other places too.

2019-02-23 00:15:18

A lot of the time games have public limited/preorder betas as an incentive, but most of the time it's just having the right connections. Able Gamers/Player Panels is an excellent place to start, I'm willing to guess a lot of beta testing could stem from that especially now with all these game menus suddenly becoming impressively accessible with the text to speech api.

2019-02-23 02:02:44

Hi there Jack, you're right about the able gamers thing with the player pannel I think. I'm a member of that actually and I'm silly for not considering that as a possible avenue for beta testing, and you're correct also in believing that now with game menues Etc becomeing more accessible now I think there'll be more opportunities for beta testing now. Unfortunately for me, I don't have contacts with game companies but I did find a site called betabound.com that lets you sign up for beta testing opportunities and they claim to be a free site and they even give you resources that you can read to become a good beta tester and get good at becomeing what they call a quality control worker. So, thanks for the help all of you, and even though we haven't had many posts yet here in my thread, what we do have is extremely helpful.